Nibiru

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#1 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:55 PM

So how many people have been hearing about this supposed new planet x that scientists have discovered? It seriously freaks me out ... I've been reading into it for the last 2 or 3 days and it's scary stuff.

Basically Sumerians ancient text describe all the planets in detail and named them accordingly and there was one mysterious planet that scientists didn't know about ... until recently. It's called Nibiru or "the horned planet" because of its gases made up around it, it looks like literal horns. It comes around every 3600 years, and it's on it's way. So anyway this planet is orbiting in space like this:

IPB Image

Right now if you lived in Australia, you can see it about 1/4 the size of the sun clear as day. And scientists believe that by next year around this time anywhere on Earth, you will be able to see the planet clear as day - a big red ball in the sky. Now, it's approaching fast. Scientists say that once it hits around 2011 it will be HUGE in the sky and will most likely interrupt our weather on a massive scale. And it will get here at around 2012 when all hell breaks loose. It shouldn't hit us, although scientists are saying that it may throw us off our axis by a few degrees which may throw us into massive worldwide devastation like flooding, earthquakes, volcanoes, polar ice caps melting, etc. etc. They said that if that happens they estimate 2/3 the population would die, and then 2/3 of those people would eventually die from starvation, disease, etc. and only a few million would survive it.

The real freaky part is that the Mayan calendar is so precise and accurate. It actually says the end of the world will be December 21st, 2012. About the same time scientists are predicting when this thing will come at planet Earth. This thing is already messing up Neptune and Uranus and pulling on their orbits.

WTF? Here's some more pics ...

IPB Image

IPB Image

#2 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:18 AM

Wow, I'm honestly shocked here.

I've heard of this planet, but thought it was a rumor. Perhaps it still is? Hell. I honestly HOPE it's not true. icon_frown.gif

#3 The (s)

The (s)

Junior

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:20 AM

I first heard about Nibiru back in 2001, I read up that it was going to arrive near earth in 2003, but when it never showed up, they moved it up to 2006, then it still never came, now they move it up to 2012 for the conspiracy of the end date of the Aztec calender.

There are also two sides of the Nibiru thing,

one side is about the destruction it will bring,

and the other side is what UFO cults believe that the planet is a giant flag ship of aliens ready to enlighten us to the next stage of evolution.

then there is one that is in between... there is this website I came across called Niburian Council. They are charging people to order a kit that will decode your DNA to evolve in order to survive the changes in 2012. which is ridiculously stupid. lol

#4 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:25 AM

I'm fairly sure this is a hoax... if it was truly something of notice, the media would be blasting it out at us at every given moment. And some of the people in Australia here would've posted pictures or a topic of it by now if they saw it that big in the sky at day.

I'm not sure, but I'm gonna remain at it's not true for now.

Edited by Nuvo, 22 February 2008 - 12:25 AM.

#5 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:37 AM

Well, it seems that the guy who came up with this theory (Zacharia Sitchin) hypothesized that humans were visited by aliens on a planet of our own solar system, hence Nibiru. Huh.

Also a large part of this theory lies on Zach's interpretation of Babylonian text. The whole apocalypse idea is again a misinterpretation of Zach's ideas, and seems spawned moreso out of conspiracy theorists than actual evidence.

Can you post a link to where you got the information from that post?

Edited by Lemon, 22 February 2008 - 12:38 AM.

#6 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:46 AM

I've really never heard much about Nibiru from anyone who wasn't a lunatic. But I can certainly give this a chance, considering we've got a very simple test here...

Right now if you lived in Australia, you can see it about 1/4 the size of the sun clear as day.

Conveniently, a number of members here do live in Australia. So, those of you who do live there, you seen anything like this lately?

#7 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:56 AM

Conveniently, a number of members here do live in Australia. So, those of you who do live there, you seen anything like this lately?

No, I haven't. Does that provide a bit of help?

#8 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:50 AM

I heard about Niburu when I was reading about ancient myths and customs. If I remember well, I read that there is an ancient Celtic temple which shows as aliens come to Earth and create humans with laboratory utilities... the thing is, they really drew correct laboratory utilities in that temple. I heard there's a correct map of the Milky Way and it shows the Niburu, which is the 10th planet.

As for the origin of Niburu, I heard...
Once there was the outer planet, Tiamat. Then a planet, Niburu came from outer space and collided with Tiamat. The shards of Tiamat were spread across the edge of the Milky Way (There's really a giant asteroid belt there, in fact.) and one big shard flew towards the Sun, and then became what we call Earth.

Now, I don't believe that aliens are our masters whos will enlighten us, but I'm more open than all you "pics please" people out there.

As for this 2012 thing, too many things say it at the same time to be a simple hoax. You say it was 2000 then 2003 then 2006 and now 2012? Well, I always heard just 2012. But it's nerdy to argue on that, we will see it soon, not?

As for the coming of Niburu... Well, if Australians really can't see anything, then it's not there... But if it collides in 2012, then I don't think it would be visible now.

QUOTE(Nuvo)

if it was truly something of notice, the media would be blasting it out at us at every given moment.

Wrrrrrrong!
Every country's media is the servant of the country's government and governments really don't want people to think that the world ends anytime soon.
Don't forget that the media is a definite lie source, if this Niburu thing is true, then the media either won't mention it, or it soon starts telling lies about those who believe it's true.
But... really... armageddon isn't what the media would mention...

But then again, if the site claims it's visible from Australia, but it's in fact not visible, then it doesn't worth too much thoughts... I'd rather imagine humanity go out in an atom war or such...

#9 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:46 AM

While the thought of Armageddon less than half a decade away is tempting, there are a few things I find wrong with this (mainly my opinions):

1) The orbit is waaaaaaay to enlongated, and the "turn" is too sharp. It would fly away too fast and far for the sun to do anything.

2) The horns are also questionable... makes me think some religious whackjobs photoshopped those on a pic of mercury so that they can say "REPENT AND PRAY WHILST WE ARE SMITED BY A GIANT FLAMING ROCK"

3) Is there evidence that something is messing with the orbits of Uranus and Neptune?

4) Isn't there another asteroid belt outside of the orbit of Pluto? The Kupier(sp?) belt, I believe. Niburu would get shattered passing through all those space rocks.

#10 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:10 AM

Well I know it sounds weird but I started reading my bible the other day and in Genesis 6 it mentions the Nephilim, or "Sons of God" coming down and making babies with human women and the babies turned out to be giants. And it really doesn't mention much more about it then that. So I started reading into it and found that there is a lost book of the Bible that is called the Book of Enoch. Enoch is Noah's grandfather who has a strong relationship with God and God shows him and tells him many wonderful things. The whole book is mostly about Angels, Demons, and Giants and goes into specifics about that verse in Genesis chapter 6. It basically said that God sent down 200 angels from heaven to teach man to be righteous, and they all rebelled and started teaching man how to build armor, weapons, wage wars, how to wear makeup and fancy clothes, how to use magic and do witch type stuff. And then while living among man, the angels started having sexual relations with human women and produced giants. And it says that they were 30 cubits tall, and if you look that up that means 40 feet tall. Now that sounds like a bit of a stretch to me but makes me reaaaalllly curious. So then I read through the book of Enoch ... well more like skimmed, and found some neat stuff where Enoch is taught astronomical stuff and is taught how to make a device to read the heavens, planets, and stars which basically is something that looks like a stonehenge. So then the giants began waging huge wars, killing animals, people, destroying lands, and God was so upset at what had happened, he sent his angels Gabriel, Michael, and 2 others to enslave the 200 angels into captivity until the day of judgement comes and then he sent a worldwide flood to take care of destroying all the wickedness, and chose Enoch's grandson Noah because he had pure blood and was not a descendant of the Nephilim, PLUS he was a good man who followed God.

So from there I kept studying and noticed that Sumerian texts also have information on extraterestials who came from another planet called Nibiru, and they created our people on Earth, ruled over the people and mined our gold. I dunno, that sounds like a bunch of bologna to me, but it seems like a lot of this stuff sorta fits. I think above anything else, it's just interesting ideas and readings. Nothing more really. icon_confused.gif

#11 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 10:23 AM

Well, if you look into it, all human myths are very similar, so similar like all human nations were living together, not separated by seas, mountains, deserts, and... oceans. This means something happened at the dawn of humanity which later got into mythology and then it got remixed into religions.
So, here's the timeline:
Strange things happen at the dawn of humanity => The happenings survive only as fading legends => The fading legends get rewritten as fantasy tales, thus creating mythology => Mythologies get teared apart and remixed to form religions => These are now too far from the true happenings, people start to lose faith => Original meaning gets ultimately lost, thus turning true happenings into laughed fairy tales
An example: (theoretical)
Humans get mass produced by an alien race, they have a leader of some sort => When aliens leave (in any way, for any reason) people still remember a leader of beings who could make humans => Some people write that there was a god what created humans, then left them alone => A religion forms with the idea of an ultimate God who made everything => The idea of "creation" gets ridiculous for people => Everything that was once a legend, mythology or religious writing gets considered as "stupid fairy tale", thus creating "modern thinking"

But I don't believe that it's really related to this Niburu thing. Not like it wouldn't be possible that a race, which learns safe space travel, gets to be ruler of an other race on other planet... Humanity would do the same with 1000% better space travelling knowledge. But really.

Plus, if you consider the age of the universe, by now a lot of races must exist whiches know space travel well. But... still... a planet with strange orbit coming to Earth so aliens can take a look on how Earth stands... No.

But still... I wonder what would be the reaction of those whos don't believe in this, or don't believe even in aliens, or even in space...

#12 Eurysilas

Eurysilas

Paladin

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE(CastChaos)
Wrrrrrrong!
Every country's media is the servant of the country's government and governments really don't want people to think that the world ends anytime soon.
Don't forget that the media is a definite lie source, if this Niburu thing is true, then the media either won't mention it, or it soon starts telling lies about those who believe it's true.
But... really... armageddon isn't what the media would mention...

Not EVERY media outlet is a servant for the government. I agree, a lot of the mainstream ones are, but what is your basis for such a sweeping generalization?

Anyway, to remain on topic, I'll comment on the issue at hand...

I think this is a load of crap. A great, heaping, steaming pile of it. When you can show me proof from a REPUTABLE source, like the ESA or NASA, then I'll believe. The fact that no one in Australia has seen it, when it's supposed to be 1/4 the size of the friggen sun, tells volumes.

#13 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:47 AM

I have had enough of this Nibiru crap. Honestly the people who believe this need to get a life.

See my posts in the 2012 thread. I added all of them just to debunk any other crazy ideas you got from lunatics like Nancy Lieder.
QUOTE(Siguy @ Jan 28 2008, 03:03 PM) View Post

The most ridiculous of the assumptions is that "Nibiru" is going to pass through the inner solar system and will cause earth's magnetic poles to shift, supposedly "ripping apart continents, causing tsunamis" etc.

This is idiotic. First of all, if there were an object the size of Nibiru (said to be the size of Jupiter or even a red dwarf) were on its way to the inner solar system to arrive by 2012, then it would be among the brightest objects in the night sky.

Second of all, the Earth's magnetic pole is constantly moving. It shifts every few million years, and it doesn't do any damage. The Earth's magnetic field is generated by the core of the Earth, which is liquid and flows naturally.

Sometimes people even say that Earth will stop rotating. Let me tell you that is IMPOSSIBLE. On this page, Phil Plait calculates that the kinetic energy in the Earth's core's rotation is equivalent to five trillion megatons, or 500 million times the explosive energy of every nuclear weapon on earth. That much energy would probably destroy the earth.

Edit: The Bad Astronomer also has a page on Planet X/Nibiru:
http://www.badastron...netx/index.html

QUOTE(Siguy @ Feb 3 2008, 08:40 AM) View Post

Erm...

I am sorry to say, but that is all wrong. You new-agey type need to actually pay attention to real science. First of all, a planet does not form in the way you described. Second, a planet's magnetic poles are not always on their true poles. Earth's magnetic field is generated by the molten core rotating, which can move, since it is molten. Third, we have dug more than twelve kilometers deep. See the Kola Superdeep Borehole. Finally, the continents move, so it is clear that at one point places on Earth which are barren once flourished with life.

QUOTE(Siguy @ Feb 15 2008, 08:22 PM) View Post

WTF??? Okay... If that was your science teacher, then you really need to go to a better school. Seriously. First of all, the only satellites of Earth are the moon, and thousands of pieces of space debris. There are no asteroids orbiting the earth. Second of all, if you want to destroy the earth, it is very hard to do. A tiny asteroid simply wouldn't cut it. It might cause a mass extinction, but it would be unlikely to wipe out all life. Nature can take some serious blows. (to tell you the truth, we are probably one of the biggest disasters to happen to the earth, but it's surviving somewhat well) Third, the word meteor is incorrectly used. "Meteor" refers to a meteoroid, or a piece of space dust or debris that burns up in the atmosphere. A meteorite is a chunk of debris that actually impacts the surface. An asteroid is a small body of rock or metal that orbits the sun, a minor planet. They are much larger than all of the objects I just mentioned, ranging from a few kilometers, to a few thousand. The largest asteroid is Ceres, and it has no chance whatsoever of impacting Earth. The majority of them don't.

On second thought, you may have misinterperated what he said. He may have been talking about Apophis. That was an asteroid that caused quite a scare a couple years back because it had a high probability of impacting Earth in the near future. It could have caused a huge tidal wave or large impact crater, but now the possibility of it hitting Earth is next to zero.

QUOTE(Siguy @ Feb 15 2008, 10:26 PM) View Post

Comets do not circle the galaxy. They orbit the sun in an elliptical orbit. (Technically they do circle the galaxy as the sun orbits around the galactic center.)

It's Comet Halley, not Halley's Comet. The word comet comes before the name when comets are properly named.

But anyway, once again, there is no chance whatsoever that Comet Halley will collide with Earth. It may be famous, but it definately does not have anywhere near the right orbital path.

QUOTE(Siguy @ Feb 16 2008, 12:14 PM) View Post

That sounds suspiciously like the plot of a horrible space movie from 1997 or something.

Yes, we can be certain of those things. The actual probability of two objects as small as an asteroid or comet colliding is so little that I won't even bother to find quote for it. Then times the probability of the orbital change (which would be very little if at all*) sending it into collision course with Earth makes it basically nil.

*The deep impact probe sent by JPL and NASA was a mission to impact comet Tempel 1 with a 370 kg projectile and study the blast spectrographically. The approximately 5 ton (in other words, very large) explosion only changed the orbit of the comet about 10 centimeters. Nonetheless, a Russian astrologer attempted to sue NASA for 300 million because it "ruined the natural balance of forces of the universe". Shows you what lunatics astrologers are.

Also, if it were the size mentioned and destined to arrive by 2012, then EVERY ASTRONOMER ON THE PLANET would know about it, since it would be one of the brightest objects in the night sky.

#14 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:58 PM

I love it when Bad Astronomy proves things completely wrong.

I love that site Siguy.

Personally, I thought this whole Planet X thing was all BS from the start. I had heard of it in the '80's and thought "wow, another planet". I was a kid and din't know the rest of the story.
I grew up and found out about it and my thoughts changed on it. All just something to try and through people into chaos for no real reason.

I'm an amateur astronomer and it warms my heart to see the reality behind all of this, for lack of a better word, trash.

#15 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:11 PM

Wow Siguy I am pretty much totally convinced after that website I looked at. Very interesting indeed. I personally wasn't trying to spread shocking information out ... I just wanted to start a conversation with everybody cause I've never even heard of all this, so I wanted opinions. My parents are all into conspiracy theories, anti-government, aliens, and this tenth planet stuff. Just struck my curiosity!! I am a firm believer in finding and seeking out understanding and truth and not just following along someone's path of lies and deceptions, or opinions and mere "ideas" ... but anyway thanks for all that information, it really helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users