New IRC server

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 Koopa

Koopa

The child behind the turtle

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:49 PM

Don't forget Wild Bill's bots. They'd probably impress on pretty much any server.

#62 Darksix

Darksix

• Members

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:31 AM

Actually it's not to easy getting to be an operator, in Bill's case...it was probably the power he had..not sure..wasn't my decision. But I'm giving one op a chance.. feels good to give a chance. guess you could still say Oppurtunity knocked. Also, No we aren't looking for anymore staff. In fact I'm thinking about downgrading some staff, which is why Nate is an admin at this point icon_razz.gif anyways catch ya's later have fun.

#63 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:26 PM

If you're having difficulty connecting right now, something is just messed up. As a temporary measure you may want to set your client to connect directly to blood.northfire.org.

#64 Nate

Nate

Magus

• Members

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:42 PM

All problems are being sorted out right now, so keep your eyes peeled.

#65 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:33 AM

Things are about 98% perfect again. A little more messing around and it will be back to full strength again. A little switching around of the main server and the new main server. It's safe to join and actually chat again.

#66 Koopa

Koopa

The child behind the turtle

• Members

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:30 PM

Nickserv and friends are down just now ... "what happen?"

#67 Nate

Nate

Magus

• Members

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:40 PM

It should be resolved soon.

You'll have to re-register your nick due to a database restoration. Take care of that and you should be good to go.

#68 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE(Nate @ Jun 25 2008, 06:40 PM) View Post

It should be resolved soon.

You'll have to re-register your nick due to a database restoration. Take care of that and you should be good to go.

Wait, will we HAVE to reregister our nicks, or will they come back when the database is back? I don't want to have to reregister my nicks and channels... D:

#69 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE(Matthew @ Jun 25 2008, 07:05 PM) View Post

Wait, will we HAVE to reregister our nicks, or will they come back when the database is back? I don't want to have to reregister my nicks and channels... D:

Once the database is restored, your nicks/channels should all come back.

#70 Nate

Nate

Magus

• Members

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:37 PM

Re-registering your nicks is a temp fix.

This is only optional until the old database is restored.

This is incase you have your own channel and want your bot to identify and give certain accesses when they join, etc.

Not needed though.

Sorry for any confusion.

#71 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 26 June 2008 - 05:38 AM

Actually, I do believe the old database is back from before we joined the network. Meaning, it will all be gone and we'll have to reregister. But, I could be wrong, and it'll restore all our stuff too.
QUOTE(#PureZC Topic)
05:32… * Topic is '[ #PureZC - CHECK YOUR MEMOS, darksix | Services should be back soon. If you register your nick or channels, they'll be lost when the old databases come back. ]
Ok, so I heard it wrong... All new reregisters will be gone, meaning, if you register a nick like Booger_Man, and you didn't have it before the entire incident, that will be gone, or a new channel like #ONION_RINGS! now, it'll also be gone when the database is restored. All our stuff will return to us!

Edited by Hero Link, 26 June 2008 - 09:40 AM.

#72 Nate

Nate

Magus

• Members

Posted 26 June 2008 - 05:48 AM

Yes, so I've been assigning all the staff their positions manually, because it'd be pointless to just set the access list again. icon_smile.gif

#73 Tseng

Tseng

MMmmmmm Simpsonized

• Members

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:03 AM

OK what happened....

There was a netsplit yesterday, and I've been the only one on the channel (pretty much the whole server) for 2 days now. I'm getting lonely

#74 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:36 PM

Tseng, before darksix brought the databases back up, you and Naldrag (and Culex, I might add, which is how I know) were stranded, basically. darksix brought everything back up and I restarted Culex. Culex came back on fine. If you restarted chat, it should've worked for you.

EDIT: Wow. I guess panda's down. Probably temporary. Disregard this line.

#75 Darksix

Darksix

• Members

Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:41 PM

Well the network seems to be doing fine now, so that's good. It should stay stable from now on. icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users