Photo

What do you think is a perfect tileset?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Which is your favorite tileset?

Same...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ShadowPC

ShadowPC

Where is ma hearts?

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

The topic stands for itself. What is yout favourite tileset?

#2 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

By graphics? LttP, SD3 and maybe Mac et Blue.
By completeness and usability? PTUX and DoR.
Pure Enhance and the other PTUX-DoR merge looks good, too, I yet have to try them someday.

#3 aaa2

aaa2

Wizard

• Banned

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

Even i always use DoR and it is much fun my favourite tileset still is EzGb. It is just incredibly fast to make an ok-looking screen in EzGB and it is also small enough not to get lost in it. I sometimes spend hours in DoR just looking at available graphics icon_razz.gif(and playing with them of course)

Edited by aaa2, 30 March 2012 - 12:44 PM.

#4 MasterPlayer2342

MasterPlayer2342

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

GO PURE TILESET! icon_bounce.gif

#5 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

EZGBZ for me. I've always had a soft spot for the gameboy Zelda games.

#6 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:42 PM

Classic because of it's versatility.

#7 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

"Your own tileset", because every other quest looks stale.

#8 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

DoR. The huge variety of tiles allows each person who uses the set to develop his own unique style, so you get drastically different looking quests from the same tileset. I like the freedom it gives me, the ease of setting up 2.5 features with it, the organization, and just the general look of the tiles. I've made quests in the original Pure tileset and PTUX before, and while I enjoyed using them both, neither had the same level of organization or tile variety, leading to more limited creative styles (although I like to think I took a unique spin on PTUX... like to think anyways).

#9 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

DoR has got to be a clear favourite. I even restarted my quest because of it.

#10 ShadowPC

ShadowPC

Where is ma hearts?

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:55 PM

Whoops... Forgot Ezgbz from the list...

#11 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

I went ahead and added EZGBZ. If there's any other tilesets you want added to the poll, feel free to ask.

I've always had a soft spot for BS, but there isn't enough of a variety of different tiles in its style, which is a shame. icon_frown.gif

The Pure tileset is probably my favorite of the choices in the poll.

#12 ShadowPC

ShadowPC

Where is ma hearts?

• Members

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:34 AM

Thanks

#13 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:01 AM

Disregarding my own tileset for reasons of bias, my favorite is Sun Tower. icon_smile.gif It isn't quite complete enough to use as-is, but it has the most impressive graphical quality, and the ease-of-use is decent, at least.

PTUX is by far the most organized tileset out there, and the most extensive, if you consider "extensive" a good thing. Honestly, there's a point where having more tiles just makes it slower to sift through, and few people bother to systematically delete combos and tiles they don't plan on using (probably because if you screw up the process, you might end up causing yourself some big problems).

I tried to make DoR the most organized tileset, but the wide variety of different tiles made it difficult. Some are used in a very different way from other tiles in the set that serve a similar purpose (for example, different dungeons often function differently)...whereas in Pure, pretty much everything is made to conform to a standard structure. Most of the graphics are from LTTP and the GB games anyway, so they pretty much came that way before they were ripped.

I would like to take pride, though, in the fact that most tilesets today use the enemy sprite CSet labels that I painstakingly created for New BS and DoR. Yes, you can now change the sprite location and CSet for enemies in 2.5, but even then, I hope having all the default locations labeled saves people a lot of time.

...And also the idea of labeling combo sections. I'm not sure whether many tilesets have imitated that particular idea, but I believe it makes navigation and combo placement easier.

(Oh, by the way, I null-voted. I want to see how the results turn out, rather than to affect them. icon_smile.gif)

#14 Beefy

Beefy

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:03 AM

I think having so many different tilesets is one of the things that makes zelda classic so fun.

Of couse I'm still hoping someone makes a star wars tileset and makes an actual game out of it.

#15 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:07 AM

I pick the Dance of Rembrance (DoR) tileset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users