Photo

Am I the only one who uses the F1 key while playing?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

A lot of the time, while playing Zquest, I use the F1 Key to speed up my playing. Does anyone else do this?

#2 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

lots of people do.  I do not.

#3 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

Lots of people do. I only do to to move faster through areas, and I tend to tap it on and off to better reduce the chance of uncapping into enemies and my death.

#4 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

I use the Tilde key. I think it's the same thing. It's especially handy when you're invincible.

Not nearly as handy when there are pits and other warps on nearby screens.

Nope.

#5 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

Me too! Like Satellite said, only to move faster through areas, and stop it when enemies are around. (I use it to speed up through cutscenes too) :lol:

#6 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

I don't use the F1 key but I do use the "~" key to speed up through areas.

Super quote!!!

Holding down ~ does the same thing as pressing F1, except only while it's held down.

Well I know that, I don't use the F1 key because it makes ZC mess up and it bothers me when i let my finger off the F1 key and I am still going fast, So I use the "~" key.

Edited by coolgamer012345, 28 July 2013 - 05:10 PM.

#7 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

Holding down ~ does the same thing as pressing F1, except only while it's held down. And yes, I use it a lot to speed up going through certain areas. I die a lot because of it too. <_<

• Evan20000 likes this

#8 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:06 PM

I never use it, except when testing my own quests when I'm going to a distant location over and over again. I find that it breaks the atmosphere and makes me too aware of the game as a piece of programming and not a world to explore and story to enjoy.

#9 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

What Aevin said :thumbsup:

Also using it to speed up the death cutscene, but other than that never.

#10 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

I'll use it when I'm testing my quests, but only then.

#11 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

I use it when testing if I am going through walls and want to get to a screen faster. I also use it when I die. I will use it occasionally to allow my hearts/ magic to refill, if applicable. I think there should be a quest rule that prevents players from using vsync though, cause you can use it like that to 'cheat' :P

I also use F3 to pause, and tapping, or holding F4 will allow the game to advance frame by frame. This is cool for slowing things down.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#12 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

I use it when testing if I am going through walls and want to get to a screen faster. I also use it when I die. I will use it occasionally to allow my hearts/ magic to refill, if applicable. I think there should be a quest rule that prevents players from using vsync though, cause you can use it like that to 'cheat' :P

I also use F3 to pause, and tapping, or holding F4 will allow the game to advance frame by frame. This is cool for slowing things down.

What did you just said there about cheating?! What is this vsync? Please explain it to me, I want to know how my quests would suffer of when doing that :wth:

I though when you speed up the game it speeds up everything, so how is this cheating if it makes it actually a lot harder to play?

Edited by Avataro, 28 July 2013 - 05:44 PM.

#13 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

I use it all the time, like when I get to a area that has grass that you can cut I use it to grind for Rupees faster. And I like using it to speed boring dialog and I also use it to clear out enemies in a room as long I can get somewhere I can be safe where I can spam sword swinging!.

#14 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

I feel like I use tilde too much. I lose more health than I need to this way. I also use it during just about any "waiting" time like messages, Triforce cutscenes, regular cutscenes, etc.

#15 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

It has so many uses...

My favorite though is when the quest maker givs the player refilling magic. Just get to a safe spot and hold it down...

I am such a jerk.

-Strike

Edited by strike, 31 July 2013 - 10:39 AM.

• Jared likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users