Favorite ZCers

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#16 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:32 AM

PrinceMSC: Created a very little but the crop is still the best tile work I've yet to see. It's beautiful, beautiful stuff.
C-Dawg: It's a shame most of you have never played or seen the extent of what Sabotage Dragoon contained. Even uncompleted, it's the best thing ZC has ever produced and I've yet to see anything that can even try to compare. Pity it'll probably never be finished.
Peteo: Another creator of some really nice graphic. The hero behind Lost Isle (DFW is important too, but what really shined in that quest were the dungeons, custom graphics, and script work).
Raiden: Created the gold standard of Tilesets these days, made some really nice lava tiles, and his quest if ever released looks like a pretty fantastic as well. Wish I could see more of it though; I really don't feel like the demo does it justice.
Relic: Again, I really wish I could play what this guy was making. Made a lot of really nifty graphics and lots of products that looked good. Hyrule Fantasy would have been spectacular.
ZC-Dev's: Nuff' said.

My opinion on the matter is lacking any real good knowledge of what's been created the last two years.

#17 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:06 AM

First I'd just like to thank everyone that mentioned me. Shame a lot of my stuff is lost these days.

Secondly, don't be upset if I don't mention you - it's been a few years since I was active in the ZC community, so there's a lot of newer members whose work I haven't seen. Anyway, here we go:

PrinceMSC: He was a god... oh wait I'm an atheist. He was a titan.
Gashin aka Relic: My biggest competitor in the graphics department. I always felt he was better, but some people have told me otherwise. Linkus was also right up there, and now Raiden and Robin have taken much of the spotlight in that area, so good on them icon_razz.gif

... well that was a short list icon_razz.gif

Side note: I remember playing Sabotage Dragoon, and that was quite excellent. I didn't get very far though.

EDIT: OH NO! I FORGOT ABOUT JOHAN!

Johan: I have no idea if he ever did anything with ZC, but he was my biggest fan icon_lol.gif My loyal little lap dog!

Edited by NoeL, 30 May 2011 - 07:13 AM.

#18 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:52 AM

There are and have been many important people in the ZC community, and lots of those people have done some great work. But I'm only going to name my favorite ZQuesters:

C-Dawg - This guy was simply the best. His ZQuest skills were out of this world. He could really use the engine to its fullest extenst. But he wasn't only a trick man because his design skills were fantastic as well. Sabotage Dragoon would have been one of the best games ever released if it was completed... icon_neutral.gif

Freedom - Even though his quests are not my cup of tea, I can appreciate Freedom's effort. He has thrown so much effort into his quests and into testing of the ZC betas for bugs. Freedom deserves a medal for that alone. Oh and he's one of the few people who have tried to talk some sense to the developers of ZC. Too bad he was ignored because he was correct about everything he said.

DarkFlameWolf - A solid quest maker, who came up with the idea for Lost Isle. The overwolrd she created for LI is one of the best I've seen. Really love her! icon_smile.gif

I'd also like to thank all you who mentioned me. I know I'm not the most loved person around here because of my opinions, but I'm glad to see people acknowledging the quality of my work.

#19 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:27 AM

hi i'm a carpet and i like to eat steaks on tuesdays

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ May 30 2011, 03:51 PM) View Post

@Ironfist: Yeah, you 3 are like 3 giraffes in a yellow submarine (yeah IDK either). Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if you were all just one guy screwing around with a proxy...

What, god no! The last thing I want to be is an American!

Anyway my favourite stuff has always been by like Mr. Z, Shoelace, Exate and Lithium. NoeL sent me this one demo of his a few years ago (which I've lost unfortunately) which was also pretty fantastic as well. Oh yeah, and you can't forget Robin and His Fantastic Works. The man is practically Jesus!

I can't remember playing any other quests by others because I've either forgotten the good ones or I'm just lousy and have a short attention span and was like "screw this I'm going to eat some cake"~~

Edited by Taco Chopper, 31 May 2011 - 11:48 AM.

#20 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:57 AM

Well, I can certainly tell that I haven't put anything out in some time as I have made nobody's list.
Ah well, no biggy.

I gave up playing ZC a while ago, but I was quite fond of a few creators when I was.

Freedom
DarkFlameWolf
Shoelace
CastChaos
Schwa

However, I admire any person that takes the chance to try and learn how to build any kind of quest. Kudos to you all.

#21 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:41 AM

Schwa
Migo
Joe123
Sheik
Freedom
DFW
Peteo
NoeL
PrinceMSC
Lithium
Linkus
Shoelace
Plissken
Radien
Jupiter
Relic
Blaman
Nuvo
/M/
<everyone else I've missed>

End.

#22 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:50 PM

Limiting this to my top 5, in order:

Mr. Z: Not only was he a really talented questmaker and designer, and not only did he do a whole lot to propel the Pure Tileset further and squeeze the most out of it, but he was a really cool and friendly guy. Still is. Miss him and everything he did for ZC icon_frown.gif
PrinceMSC: Revenge 2 is still the best 1.90 quest and even today it shines as one of the most well-designed quests out there. Love Revenge 1, too. Shame Mystic Land never got finished.
Exate: He broke ground by doing, like, not Zelda stuff in ZC. Plus you're really good with graphics. Please finish Pessimistic Pizza even though you probably won't! (that makes me sad)
Bloodstar: ALTTS is like if ZC and Turrican had a baby and it had ZC's personality and Turrican's looks, I guess. Probably the single most improved questmaker I've ever seen. In just a few years he went from "bad" to "amazing".
C-Dawg: He did Dreams of Yesterday and Sabotage Dragoon. I don't really need to say anything else.

Bunch of honorable mentions:
Akkabus: The single best dungeon designer I have ever known, period. He'd go even higher on this list if he'd made more than one quest that I've played. icon_frown.gif
Freedom: Even though you're a cranky old guy (just kidding please don't yell at me to get off your lawn icon_frown.gif), and even though you couldn't recolor tiles worth a damn, you still put some great atmosphere into your quests.
VEL: See: Exate. Although instead of Metroid it was more Mario in her case. Also, she had an amazing sense of humor.
Aegis Runestone: Warrior's Rise was incredible for its time. It probably hasn't aged terribly well, but to do the story-heavy stuff like you did back in the 1.90 days was pretty neat.
Chris Miller: I've never beaten one of your quests, but since you were an influence on Bloodstar you have to get a mention. That, and I like what little of yours I have played.
Wild Bill: You made the Pure Tileset and PureZC, that has to count for something! Also you made Fall uh de Honky Pig which was pretty fun and funny.
Taco Chopper: You're like the best GBC Zelda tileset user I've met, and that's saying something.
Lithium: Peril of Rectangle Country was awesome and creative. I haven't played any of your other quests but that in itself is worth a mention.
Relic: You're a damn good spriter and always have been. I've always been jealous of your spriting abilities ever since I was like 13. icon_frown.gif

Also: Schwa, Robin, Shoelace, Pokemonmaster64, NoeL, Radien, SpacemanDan, Nick, Sephiroth, mudvayne, Saffith, DarkFlameWolf...

Also also: The ZC developers deserve a special mention, but particularly Phantom Menace for getting this whole thing started and Dark Nation for carrying the torch way, way, way back in the day (over 10 years ago!!).

Man, sometimes I'm amazed at the level of creativity and talent this community has. I still feel like I'm leaving a lot of people out and my list was insanely long and I tried to include everyone whose work I've even slightly enjoyed. Oh well. Sorry if I missed you! Don't feel left out if I didn't include you, you probably just slipped my mind because there are so many people to consider and I've been here a loooong time...

Edited by Rambly, 08 June 2011 - 05:52 PM.

#23 zcfan27330

zcfan27330

Junior

• Members

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:31 PM

I like Nightmare's stuff, the Jame's Quest

#24 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:57 PM

pLeitorian - I too think of rock music from across the past five decades when I play Zelda. This guy read me like a book. Plus, I guess he's who I aspire to build my quests like the most. Wherever you are man, thanks.

PolygonX8 - I don't care how many times Ian gets thrown onto this thread, I have to do it too. One of the things I like most about his work is the original sprites he comes up with. And, hey, Metroid yay.

Peteo - Peteo captured some of my deepest fantasies (no not those kind) when he produced a quest with a modern (but futuristic) setting. Megaman took you from a city to a cave, a tragic buried world, a lab full of mutants, catacombs with seas of lava, and even Hell itself (Kinda like the old TMNT cartoon...) Plus, he did a great job of implementing what TVtropes calls the WHAM! episode. The quest starts out with high stakes, but still generally "yup yup save the day" objectives. Not too far down the line, the quest gets very angsty and dark (in a good way, both.) Listen to me rambling on about one quest... but it's the only one by him like that. Peteo, you have a talent for adventure and I want to see MORE icon_smile.gif

------

The Newcomers - I know I seem cold to you folks at first, but when I see a name I don't recognize in the new posts, particularly in the ZC forums, I do get a little excited. Quite often, serious questmakers will make good quests before they even make a name for themselves on the board. They're some of the most innovative I've seen. In fact, as irritating and frustrating as it can be, if I can tell someone really wants to give ZC a try but is having trouble setting up and asking for help in chat or something, I will put forward the effort, just to get them going on it: IMO, it is worth it to get this program running on your computer. You guys are awesome.

Edited by King Aquamentus, 29 June 2011 - 10:04 PM.

#25 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE(Keiichi123 @ May 26 2011, 03:17 PM) View Post

DarkflamewolfFor making many okay games and 1 great game. Lost Isle.
What I don't like, that she thinks she is so perfect icon_razz.gif

Wait what? I never said I was perfect! Peteo would probably lay a bigger claim to that statement than I would! LOL Seems like I'm only remembered for Lost Isle and only because Peteo was involved! I knew I wasn't that big in the community with my others works! icon_lol.gif

#26 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:37 AM

I'm sorry, just kidding is all icon_razz.gif The whole "ZC Goddess" Thing just made me chuckle is all icon_lol.gif

Nah, you are one of the best quest makers of all time so don't worry about it icon_wink.gif

#1 goes to shoelace!!!

UPDATE:
Sheik.
Nuvo
Pinncone
Spacemandan
Koh
Radien
I forgot who made pure tileset icon_razz.gif But him!
Linkus
Joe123
I like most of you. I'm only admiring these specific people because of there awesome work with ZC.
They inspire me greatly!
But most of you are all nice fellows who deserve an award for being so!

Edited by Keiichi123, 30 June 2011 - 09:43 AM.

#27 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:29 PM

Shoelace
C-Dawg
DarkFlameWolf
Freedom
Robin
Dawnlight
Spacemandan
Sheik
Mr. Z
Christian
Bourkification
Nuvo
Lithium
Ebola Zaire
Plissken
/M/
Joe123
Koh
Schwa
Linkus
Radien
Russ
BetaLink

I definitely missed a few, but these are the people that came to mind.

Edited by ZebraStallion, 30 June 2011 - 06:21 PM.

#28 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:28 PM

Joe123
Russ
Mr. Z
ZebraStallion
Dawnlight
DarkFlameWolf
Migokalle/Robin
Furion
Freedom
Radien
Blaman/Spacemandan
BetaLink
Ebola Zaire
Plissken
Moonwhisper/Prospeckt
Koh
Schwa
_L_
Relic
Akkabus

Those were the few that came to my mind. I am very excited about what the newcomers have to offer with ZC though icon_smile.gif

#29 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:13 PM

okay, just saying, don't attribute things to me that I never said I was or acted on, etc. Anyway, to contribute to this thread:

PrinceMSC
Mr. Z
Exate
Freedom
Wildbill
Peteo

#30 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:47 AM

Lynker, Ica44, Orin XD, PM64, Schwa, Moo2wo, William and Gounanaco. Those are on my list and that's that and there the only ones in my eyes now-a-days that make ZC shine icon_biggrin.gif.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users