52 replies to this topic

#16 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE(Matthew @ Aug 7 2010, 11:01 AM) View Post

But watch people not be satisfied anyways. ;P

People will never be satisfied until you give them a tool that creates the game of their dreams with very minimal work on their part. No work at all if you can get a psychic USB attachment.

#17 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:57 AM

From personal experience, if you want anything like this to happen to have to send an email to either DD or DN's personal addresses, everything else (even posting in the dev discussion forum at AGN) pretty much just gets ignored.

#18 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Aug 7 2010, 01:42 PM) View Post

I don't really know what to say Peteo, I almost half expected you not to support this. The fact that you are astounds me. Thank you.

Well, I usually don't support anything that isn't 100% finished. But I truly believe LI Build is the most stable and problem-free build in the last 4-5 years, that's why I'd want to see it being made an official version so people finally have a good ZC version to build their quests with. Hopefully the Pure Staff and ZC Developers listens to most of the people in this thread.

#19 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:55 PM

Even if the Lost Isle build is made official just a few months before a newer 2.5 build is, I still say it is well worth doing so. Why not both? One is already ready, and another one isn't. And if the other one was, according to the developers at least, it would be official already. What is there to lose in doing so? If it is deemed stable enough, then it is worth the declaration, I say. One should not prevent or slow down the other.

#20 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:58 PM

then make quick fixes on this one. what do the users want fixed about this one? spend two weeks fixing those things and testing the fixes and then release it like it's official.

#21 Snarwin

Snarwin

Still Lazy After All These Years

• Members

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:43 PM

Guess I get to be the lone voice of dissent here.

The LI build has no sound on linux. Stable or not, for an official release of a program that's supposed to be cross-platform, this is completely unacceptable.

#22 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:00 PM

I still don't have any problems running with the most recent beta releases. Crashes are infrequent & any damage caused by one is almost completely nullified by the timed saves.

Releasing this would be very cool though regardless.

#23 Dark Nation

Dark Nation

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:36 PM

So, fix Linux sound and call it 2.2?

#24 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:43 PM

I like that. And if you really want me to just love you deeply we should really consider a set date for 2.5 release, of course that's something that the developers would need to talk about amongst themselves. But, if it's stable enough, we can deal with bugs here and there, we always have. (And that's what 2.5.X versions are for. ;D)

#25 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE(Dark Nation @ Aug 8 2010, 10:36 PM) View Post

2.2. That's a nice name. Certainly makes it not be confused with any other possible build.

#26 Bourkification

Bourkification

Magus

• Members

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:33 AM

It wouldn't make much difference to those working on current quests made in the 2.50 betas, but it would be much better for newbs. When they ask "What build do I use?" we can just point them to the download page on www.zeldaclassic.com with the version 2.20. Of course it would have to support all OS's, with both the Zelda Classic and ZQuest programs.

#27 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:56 AM

just so long that it doesn't break playability of Lost Isle or Origin and any quest made previously. After all, the build was made specifically to support those two quests, so as long as the file format for quests stay the same, I assume there shouldn't be much of an issue to updating the build slightly to fix a few more bugs in it.

#28 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:04 AM

QUOTE(Plissken @ Aug 7 2010, 10:09 AM) View Post

Where would that leave all of us working in the newer 2.5 builds? Sure, we'd have one, but nothing compatible with the games we've been working on for way too long...We should release LI build as a players release, not a builders.

Not a valid argument, because no one is forcing you/them to use it, and the official 2.5 would still be in development. You/them made the decision to break away the moment you used the builds for quests.

Edited by Koh, 09 August 2010 - 06:08 AM.

#29 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:34 AM

No...very much so a valid argument because if we give the community a completed build then who's to say the priority of getting 2.5 released? That's all most of the community wants is to have 2.5 released. Not have it delayed more and more and more, I'm just potentially worried about what releasing an inbetween version would do to that.

Edited by Plissken, 09 August 2010 - 08:34 AM.

#30 Cameron

Cameron

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE(Dark Nation @ Aug 8 2010, 10:36 PM) View Post

Perfect! I thought I was going to get the shaft here. Let's just hope no new bugs are introduced when fixing this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users