Why do we have quest passwords?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#46 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:55 PM

It's also human nature that arguments can get out of hand and lead to soreness and grudges. This argument has not really achieved anything positive and has already served its original purpose (I was just curious why people felt it so important to protect their work and now understand just how much effort goes into a quest), so I propose that this topic be locked while the discussion still remains civil.

#47 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ May 11 2010, 04:55 PM) View Post

I propose that this topic be locked while the discussion still remains civil.

IPB Image

I propose we leave it open and allow it to develop into the blood bath and angry mob that's inevitably coming. Fisticuffs anyone?

#48 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:20 PM

I was only joking.
QUOTE(Deviance @ May 11 2010, 04:27 PM) View Post
But also us devs can disable the password check if we really wanted to be jerks but we only use that to recover lost passwords.
Well, could be useful diagnosing a quest-specific bug too.

#49 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:42 AM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ May 11 2010, 09:55 PM) View Post
It's also human nature that arguments can get out of hand and lead to soreness and grudges. This argument has not really achieved anything positive and has already served its original purpose (I was just curious why people felt it so important to protect their work and now understand just how much effort goes into a quest), so I propose that this topic be locked while the discussion still remains civil.
Closed after request.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users