Found another thing out.

I think instead of the batch file you can do the following:

-Right-click "zelda-w.exe"
-Properties > Compatibility
-check:
[X] 256 colors
[X] 640x480 p screen resolution

Should do the same thing.

Yes, I love Win 7. It s a lot better then crappy Win Vista.

Lets "pin" this thread ?

Has this been tested? I want to make sure it works before I edit my original post.

#32 MaximusFred

MaximusFred

Zelda Master Of Science

• Members

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:08 PM

Hmm, on my PC it works fine..

Windows 7 (32-Bit), AMD X2 4200+, 2 GB RAM, ATI HD 4770 (512 MB)

At christmas I get a new notebook, there I'll install Win 7 (64-Bit) with 4 GB RAM then I ll start another ZC tests ;-)

#33 Cameron

Cameron

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 27 November 2009 - 09:09 PM

Ok I changed my original post then.

There, we are now sure ZC works great on Windows 7. Now it's time to wait for the wave of questions from new people icon_awesome.gif .

#34 MaximusFred

MaximusFred

Zelda Master Of Science

• Members

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:25 AM

Oh yeah XxGamasterxX we are the first ones then who are sure that ZC is running without any major issues successfully on our computers ;-)

Omg, new people that will be a great deal of work.

But honestly Im very satisfied with Win7 in my daily business not only because of ZC. I thought once before I had to use a virtual PC/ Vm Ware with Win XP to play ZC in Win 7 but no, its running perfectly ;-)

Have a nice day,

Fred

#35 Mariolink263

Mariolink263

Senior

• Members

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:10 PM

I got 2.10 to work, but without zquest. I copied and pasted the 2.5 launcher in the file with it, and it worked!

#36 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:41 PM

Well, this works perfectly on my computer, and it's nice to see ZC/ZQ 2.10 run perfectly again. Thanks for the very simple instructions, and since so many people are asking how to get it running on Windows 7 on the forums nowadays, I am going to go ahead, and pin this topic, and modify the topic title slightly. Again, thanks. icon_wink.gif

#37 tryan

tryan

• Members

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:53 PM

I still can't get it to run in anything more than a tiny fraction of the screen, even in fullscreen mode. Tried playing with all the settings, copying that batch file, even buying a new video card with no luck.

I posted a thread about it here, but got no replies...

#38 Guest_The_Lost_Explorer (Guest)

Guest_The_Lost_Explorer (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:00 AM

I make it working on WIN7 by running it in Windows XP SP2 Compatibility Mode.

Right click --> Compatibility

#39 tryan

tryan

• Members

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE(The_Lost_Explorer @ Jan 24 2010, 09:00 AM) View Post

I make it working on WIN7 by running it in Windows XP SP2 Compatibility Mode.
Right click --> Compatibility

My problem isn't getting it to run, it's getting it to fill the whole screen when I run it in fullscreen mode. It still only fills up a tiny part of the screen no matter what settings I run it on. It's not a video card issue.

#40 dannie

dannie

• Members

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:57 PM

I'm new to the forums but not at all new to Zelda .. I'm not as computer savvy as you all are, so I'm hoping to find some help maybe for "dummies" - lol.

I had soooooooooo many custom quests downloaded to my desktop (XP) - and in my relax time enjoyed playing them (like no other), but my daughter plugged her MP3 into that computer and it crashed - so I I tried downloading the whole Zelda thing to my work laptop (Vista - ugh!!) and it wouldn't work, not even with the help I received from the administrator of the Zelda Classic site - nor with what I found on here, so I went and bought this older laptop with Windows XP, and I still can't get it to work right. I did go to Jer's page and downloaded a version that seems to work fine, but I can't load custom quests in that file because it then can't find the directory to the base quests. Even when I right clicked and chose the options someone on here stated prior to this post.

I'm frustrated!!

Edited by dannie, 13 February 2010 - 02:00 PM.

#41 PineconnFan

PineconnFan

• Members

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE(tryan @ Jan 24 2010, 08:33 PM) View Post

My problem isn't getting it to run, it's getting it to fill the whole screen when I run it in fullscreen mode. It still only fills up a tiny part of the screen no matter what settings I run it on. It's not a video card issue.

I have the same problem.... I can't get it to run in fullscreen mode. But it doesn't matter: I prefer windowed 640x480 mode.

#42 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:56 PM

I installed Windows 7 yesterday and I confirm that 2.10 works just fine, except fullscreen, on it. It makes me quite happy. I could play 2.10 quests on the version they belong now. icon_smile.gif

#43 synbios1979

synbios1979

• Members

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:19 PM

I have been having the same issue getting it to run full screen/full size in Windows 7. I've finally got it working with the Lost Isle build of ZC and 1.92 b183.

I tried using the 640x480 compatibility mode with XP, 256 bit color mode, with every parameter on the Zelda Classic executable. Here's the fix that finally worked for me.

First download Zelda Classic Launcher from http://www.deviance....assic-launcher/

Place it in the folder with ZC (whatever version you want to use). I turned on Administrator Right by -right clicking, properties, compatiability, priviledge level, though I don't know if this is necessary. Once that is launched, select 640x480 resolution full screen and enjoy. I didn't have any other option selected under the Zelda Classic launcher.

The only issue I ran into with this setup was the color pallette was out of whack using 1.92 b 183. I used the batch file fix here: http://www.purezc.co...o...&pid=623456 or at the top of this post to fix the color pallette issue.

Hope this helps you guys out. If you run into issues where explorer won't relaunch if you have to use the color pallette fix, after you quit ZC, press alt-control-delete, and launch task manager, then select file, run, and type in explorer.exe and that should launch the desktop fine.

Edited by synbios1979, 21 February 2010 - 05:20 PM.

#44 grinderm

grinderm

• Members

Posted 20 March 2010 - 06:49 AM

Well, I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I get a "Program not compatable with this version of Windows..." error message. I tried using all the compatability mode settings, and that didn't work.Then Norton claimed that the Zelda Launcher was "high risk", deleted it, and prevented it from launching. I'm gonna need a wee bit more help on this. Also, where can I download Zelda Classic 2.5 build 1099 Windows? I tried the creator's website and got nothing. Even Bing got nothing.

Edited by grinderm, 20 March 2010 - 06:51 AM.

#45 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:35 AM

Tell Norton to not delete that, ZCLauncher is not harmful at all. Go get it again and try it with that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users