Photo

Are there any playable 2.5 Quest or Demos?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#16 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE(Gleeok @ Dec 3 2008, 07:28 AM) View Post
Is that an insult? Should I be offended?

There's also:
ZCB, Grikarugun, Zodiac, Neofirst, to name a few.

Lol =P
They're from AGN, you don't expect people to know what they are here, surely?

#17 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE(Joe123 @ Dec 3 2008, 01:27 AM) View Post

Lol =P
They're from AGN, you don't expect people to know what they are here, surely?

Well, the ZC community isn't that big is it?

edit: Well here they are again:

Grikarugun
http://www.armageddo...ad.php?t=102675

Zodiac
http://www.armageddo...ead.php?t=97366

Labyrinth of Wisdom
http://www.armageddo...ead.php?t=97767

ZCB
http://www.armageddo...ad.php?t=102967

Legend of Zelda: A key to the Heavens demo:
http://www.purezc.co...showtopic=38691

Neofirst
http://www.armageddo...play.php?f=1142

Edited by Gleeok, 03 December 2008 - 05:12 AM.

#18 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE(Gleeok @ Dec 3 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

I decided to link them up after all. (didn't have time earlier, sorry)
-Remember to use the build specified by the poster!!!!!!!! ~ Newer builds are not compatible with older quests that use heavy scripting!!!!!

Grikarugun
http://www.armageddo...ad.php?t=102675
Zodiac
http://www.armageddo...ead.php?t=97366
Labyrinth of Wisdom
http://www.armageddo...ead.php?t=97767
ZCB
http://www.armageddo...ad.php?t=102967

WHOA those games are amazing. Sorry icon_razz.gif it isn't my fault I wasn't around back then,hehe.

#19 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:43 AM

There's also my own quest, Kamala's Tomb. *Points to signature.* It doesn't use many 2.5 features like scripts, but it is made for 254, and does use some new stuff like subscreens. I can't think of any others that weren't mentioned.

#20 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE(Gleeok @ Dec 3 2008, 09:28 AM) View Post

Just as an example for you: Remember how time consuming all those custom bosses you've made over the years were? Nowadays I bet that's about an hour or two each using zscript. My point is that ZC has become infinitely more powerful and accessible compared to 2.10.

ZC has become more powerful, yes, but more accessible? Right... no offense but that's the joke of the year. icon_biggrin.gif
Maybe if there was some documentation or even some tutorials about the new features, but how do you think people are going to take advantage of all these new superpowerful features when they have no clue how the new features work?

I guess you're not working on anything new then? For some reason I thought you were.

Well, I have a big quest planned out, yes, but I haven't actually started building it yet, and I never will since ZC has no future. I'm just silently weaiting for another easy to use game making program to show up... if that ever happens... icon_blink.gif

#21 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:27 PM

thank you for your Quests, I will üplay them icon_smile.gif

#22 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Dec 3 2008, 12:01 PM) View Post

ZC has become more powerful, yes, but more accessible? Right... no offense but that's the joke of the year. icon_biggrin.gif
Maybe if there was some documentation or even some tutorials about the new features, but how do you think people are going to take advantage of all these new superpowerful features when they have no clue how the new features work?
Well, I have a big quest planned out, yes, but I haven't actually started building it yet, and I never will since ZC has no future. I'm just silently weaiting for another easy to use game making program to show up... if that ever happens... icon_blink.gif

As much as I disagree with your opinions in the builds... I actually think I've got something you might be interested to see.
I'll take that to PM.

Now, The Dead Forest, The Hylian Phoenix, A Key to the Heavens have all been spoken of already... but out of all that has beem mentioned, Gleeoks quest is the most... unique... with the only (as far as I know) quest that can stand up to it's uniqueness is Dead Forest....
Gleeoks shooter is a little too hhard for me, but it's still great fun. :3

Now Petoe, let me ask you something... ZC dying?!
How the heck CAN that happen? I mean, NUMEROUS versions of ZC had already been released, and are fully availible for anyone to make a game in... hey, sure, maybe 2.5 won't actually ever be "finished", who cares?
It's not like it's going to die because of that... the only way ZC can die, is if EVERY single computer that has ZC would break down, along with ALL the servers with any kind of ZC information on them too.
Now, I don't really see that happening... That is, if THAT isn't the doomsday certain people are waiting for in 2012. HaAH!

ZC may never be finished... but it can never die. And just because the devs stop making new versions, does that make the older versions "bad"?
No, that makes the older versions good... as they are the only versions.
Get me? Now, please, it's REALLY annoying to hear this ALL the freaking time... "Mama mia, ZC will die, so let's all stop making quests with it... because when it's dead, it will be impossible to make a quest in an already existing build!!"

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

#23 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:05 PM

Peteo does have a point. There isnt any good well explained tutorial on how to use these features. Question: how many good scripters do we currently know? Not alot and there is a reason. 88 % of the entire ZC classic community, does not know how to use these features by the lack of scripting tutorials.
the only reason why the quest mentioned are googd 2.5 quest is because of the amount of scripts it has made by whomever made the scripts. which by now isn't a lot. that's why scritpters don't keep scripts hidden away for this particular reason, to protect zelda classic dieying. which I have to admit, unless good tutorials on script pops out and teach these people to use the new features and stop being lazy and have someone else script something for them, zelda classic will eventually die sooner than you think. that's why its encouraging for people to learn how to script. I learnt by looking at peoples script and busting my behind reading tutorials and the zelda classic scripting wiki on the net and asking questions. its not that hard. if I did it and others scripters did, you can too.

Edited by drzchulo973, 04 December 2008 - 10:47 AM.

#24 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:43 PM

Silly Migo, icon_smile.gif
I didn't mean a complete death, but you know... there's just not much action around the ZC world anymore,hasn't been in a long time actually. No serious projects or anything even though a few serious looking projects have been released after LI.
All the old "greats" have moved on already and even though there is some potential in some of the newer questmakers, more people will leave every day unless ZC 2.5 is released some day.

You are right, ZC will probably never die compeltely, but it has been dying the last... uh 2 or 3 years slowly but surely, and how many people really want to support a program that keeps decreasing in popularity?

Like it or not but I'm not the only one who has got fed up with the empty promises and develoepr's mistakes. There's no stable ZC 2.5 in sight, there hasn't been a new full stable ZC release in many many years... I'm sure the more patient people will get fed up as well eventually.

To me ZC is dead, it has been for over an year already. There are still many people here posting but how many of them actually work on ZC? It is unfortunate how so many of you keeop wasting your free time for ZC, but it's your free time so waste it however you like. ZC is the greatest program ever and I know it isn't easy to let go, but sometimes you have to face the truth and admit that maybe this annoying Peteo guy is right....

#25 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE(Lithium @ Dec 2 2008, 10:29 PM) View Post

I love how you make it sound like there's only 4 with yours being one of them.

http://www.purezc.co...showtopic=38497
I forget what it's called but it's in 2.5 and uses scripts 'nsuch

Lol at that first sentence and thanks for "advertising" my quest, though it's called Nargad's Trail: Argon's Evil Lair. (I'm not sure if that was a sarcastic discription by you, anyway:) It's nice to see that you appreciate me, or at least my(+CastChaos') quest. I want you to know that it's never my intention to cause argues and such, and since you hate war...

Anyways,
I agree with Migokalle. I mean damn, Peteo, stop neglecting ZC. You are discouraging people. You know, that if people say these things, other people get discouraged too. If you want ZC not to die (which it won't, like Migo said), then use it yourself. The more users, the more motivation for Devs, and the more bugs are found. Everyone should advertise ZC alot. Every person helps, so that 2.5 gets nearer and nearer. And I do believe 2.5 is quite near already. Nearer as before, isn't it? So stop whining about it, please! Also, WTF do you say LI is the last serious project?! You ever looked at this site?! In QPFs? Custom Quest Discussion?! There are SO many good looking quests and projects on PZC, but guys like you saying they suck immediately takes away the questmaker's confidence. You also looked at me and CastChaos before? We decidicate nearly all our time to ZC. We are serious. There are lot's more serious questmakers around. For example take Lord Ike, he is working really hard to make his own tileset and such. Migokalle also has a very solid and good quest. Drzchulo973 is also making a very nice quest. These are just examples. Really. Just look around yourself and help people. You know ZC so well yourself, so why don't you help people with it? You always praise yourself and take down others and that's just... miserable. Really, become sensitive to people.

Also, is Dawnlight's quest (Shadows of Dawn) already mentioned in this thread? It's also a good quest which you should try.

2.5 is coming nearer and nearer and someday... All hands help... All reported bugs... If everyone helps, 2.5 will be done in no time.

#26 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:08 PM

Is'nt Dark Nation releasing a zelda classic 2.5 reference book to guide users to the new and awesome current feature of zelda classic's ZScript language? That book would be a world's gift to introduce how these features work. That way, it will shut people's mouths.

#27 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Dec 3 2008, 01:01 PM) View Post

http://www.shardstor...Cwiki/Main_Page

#28 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:39 PM

Peteo, I normally just remain quiet whenever you post your prophetic messages of doom, but I'm getting seriously pissed off here. All those types of posts do is make people angry at you, or to raise their conviction to work harder to get proper documentation out just to prove you wrong.

I lie happily in the former department, With several exceptions.

It's like you expect more than the Developers can actually work on from them. They're people, just like anyone else in this thread. You seem to be holding them to the standards of gods, much like yourself. Just because you were able to push out thousands upon thousands of self-sacrificing hours of work on your part to push out several epic and hard-hitting quests from somewhere on your body doesn't mean other people can do that too. I've seen so many developers putting so much time into new features and bug fixes that they don't even have the time to announce them to the public. Announcements and documentation are useless unless the features are there and the bugs are fixed, right?

So there are reminders to put them in somewhat, and there are freaking crusades against the entire community. I know you're one of the big wigs and can back up your words with actual content, but sheesh, do you really have to bring down everything else despite all of your hard work? People are still playing it and are happy with it.

You can't assume everyone shares your feelings to the level you do. It's just not feasible. You're not even in the same class as everyone else in regards to the gargantuan amounts of content you've put in over the years. Everyone else is just doing the best they can, including the devs.

If you want something added in in terms of documentation, remind them gently, or do it for them. Being uncivilized and all propheteering won't do didly for anyone.

#29 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 06:31 PM

Peteo:

I bet if I poked your head with a thumbtack, it would make a funny flatulent noise and expel a lot of air. For an hour.

Of course I'd have to figure out how to get even a thumbtack made out of pure diamond to get past your skull.

I'm not going to listen to your blatant bashing of the devs and forum members who put in a lot of work into the program and help people here just so you can say utterly ridiculous crap like this. Did you also think before you posted on a site that's centered around what you are indeed bashing?

This might sound like flaming, but there really ought to be an exception made in this case because you have pissed off a lot of people now, and I can't think of any civil way to make a rebuttal that would make up for all of the ignorant, thoughtless arrogance you've forced us to endure over the years. I don't even use ZC anymore, but guess what: other people still do, and unlike you, I have things called friends. It doesn't bother me that people use ZC and I don't. Why does it bother you so much?

It is unfortunate how so many of you keeop wasting your free time for ZC, but it's your free time so waste it however you like.

How is it not a waste of time to use the aforementioned other game-making utility? Do you get anything in return? Ooh, some people might comment on it on the internet. But you can't sell it unless you like being hit with lawsuits. What is in it for you? Let me clue you in: just because you made some decent quests for a "dying" fan game doesn't mean that it will excuse you from being a douchebag.

People still use ZC and ZQuest because they enjoy it. Is that something you are simply against? People enjoying themselves? What would you prefer they do? These are mostly young people; most don't even have jobs or anything and have school to worry about. Is there something wrong with them spending some of their free time using ZC or making a quest?

Why do you feel the need to assert your superiority over these people?

Developers have their own time limitations. Did you stop and think that they might have more important things to attend to than a Zelda clone in dire need of a rewrite? It's pretty hard for them to find motivation to work on it. They know the codebase is flaky; so does everyone else.

Certainly you're entitled to your opinion, but when you parade around like an arrogant, stuck-up, spoiled brat, don't be surprised that people react negatively. No one likes it when children act this way; why should they want to hear the same crap coming from you? Just do us all a favor and stop poo-pooing everything because it's not as popular, because it uses the Pure set, because it could never be as good or pretty as MMDWR, ... speaking of which, I'm never touching anything you make ever again. It would be like strangling my neighbor's loud dog. Sure, it would be good to not hear the dog barking anymore, but it would be on my conscience forever that I'd done something horribly wrong.

It would be one thing if this was the first time you've done this. In fact, I thought we were finally done with having to wade through the solid waste you like to spout out at random. But no. You had to create another mess that we all have to endure until it's finally removed and the aftereffects are cleaned up. Thanks a lot.

One more thing: there is no O in "keep."

I understand you might have a different keyboard layout in Finland. I pointed out your typo to be an ass.

Unfortunately I'm not as good at being one. Maybe you should teach lessons.

Looking forward to a reply. icon_smile.gif

#30 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:22 PM

It is unfortunate how so many of you keeop wasting your free time for ZC, but it's your free time so waste it however you like.
Funny. I think it's unfortunate that just because you released a few hit quests you feel you have the right to judge the rest of the community. Furthermore, I'm curious as to why you even care what people you don't actually know do with their free time.

As far as development, think about how long 1.92 was a beta. Years. Years before 2.10 finally came out. So, don't get all blahdeeblah just because 2.5 isn't coming out with a full version as quickly as you'd like it to.

That's really all I have to say. Not as poingnent as the previous posts but, whatever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users