Stream

• Please log in to reply
1556 replies to this topic

#61 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

Eppy is actually really good at this whole Let's Play thing. He's already got the most expansive ZC LP library. Honestly if he could somehow wrangle some more views he could maybe get a youtube partnership or something and actually do it pro 8)

#62 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty awesome.

Also, what better way to spend your Birthday than by doing MORE STREAMS(Not really celebrating it till the weekend anyways and I don't work till Friday).

3:30 PM - Super Metroid Dependence - Spike hell with very little save stations and no using savesates? ooooooo boy....
10:30 PM - ZC: The Darkness Within - Supposedly the next level is terribad. We'll just have to see about that...

#63 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

Hmm...I should make Lost Isle Xtreme Mode for you to LP. j/k :P

#64 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

That would be INSANE, yet kinda awesome, but INSANSE =P

#65 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:03 AM

No streams for Friday. I have updated the first post and playlists on my channel to include everything before Thursday. i will update it again later once I have everything else uploaded.

The Darkness Within finale will be Sunday Night.

#66 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

I beat the quest . I really liked how Level 9's first part was like a 4 floor endurance run and then its' second part acted like a typical Level 9. There were some bugs and some nitpicky stuff though. I got real nervous when I found the gold arrows before I had the silver arrows. A Tri-projectile Ghoma on Floor 4 didn't help either. Getting to the Boss Key was a little too cryptic.

Though Overall, I'm excited about doing the other two games in the series in the near future.

I definitely need to do a little bug fixing with this quest. I had planned on doing a DX that is a total fix for this.
That ghoma so does not belong there and a lot a things are a shot in the dark.
I also did not like how you got stuck with the hookshot alot.
The golden ring was in this quest in the betas, but I removed it due to it making the quest a bit "easy" I was told.
It was in that room with the first lvl 2 patra with the water and secret that was empty sapce.
Getting the Red ring in level 8 should not have come that early and certainly not let you get the clock.

Just a little heads up. My final levels have been a little BIG (multiple floors...) and in 2 and 3, the fighting gets a little much.
I'm going to go though LR2 and make sure things aren't THAT obscure. I know LR3 isn't too bad with that.
However, if you plan on doing Requiem for Hyrule, plan to check for pushable walls.

Also, to answer everyone's question, yes I am working on another quest. And I am planning a LR4.
I'm tossing around the idea of a Ring of Time..... Now where did I get that suggestion......... :P

#67 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

Like I said, I loved Level 9 and having more enemies in the later 9s sounds awesome.

No official streams today aside from when I feel like jumping on and getting destroyed at N more.

Also, first post updated. While I'm almost to 3000 videos, I am also about to break 100 playlists(What is wrong with me aaaaaa).

#68 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:12 AM

10:30 PM (15.25 hours) - ZC: The Darkness Within (Hopefully finishing)
Random (Random) - N (20s column)

#69 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:43 AM

Well, the last few quests have been very enjoyable(except LttF). You guys have given me great experiences from those quests. Unfortunately, I must now embark on a long and horrible journey into the depths of the QDB.

10:30 PM - ZC: The Realm of Shamanock DX (Oh god why did I agree to do this oh god)

Random - N

#70 Hoff123

Hoff123

The Hoff :)

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:05 AM

Can you play my quest sometime in the future when I finish it? It would be awesome :). But yeah... it'll probably be at least a few months until then... maybe like 6 months...

Btw, It's really cool that you Let's Play so many Zelda Classic quests.

Edited by Hoff123, 13 May 2013 - 05:50 AM.

#71 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

If you're looking for good quests, I would recommend Ganon's Claim.

DFW created it and I loved it. Actually gave me some inspirations.

#72 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:37 AM

Hey Eppy, I found something really neat that I'd love to see what you think about it...

Chances are, you've played the original Super Mario Bros. for the NES, or the All-Stars version at some point in your life. Now, most people know that the sequel was originally only released in Japan and is known in the United States as The Lost Levels. What most people don't realize is that "The Lost Levels" is actually the THIRD game, not the second.

The real sequel to Super Mario Bros. was made by Hudson, with full permission from Nintendo, so it's technically "official", for something called the NEC PC-8801. Now, this system was technically inferior to the NES, meaning this game had horrible music quality, eye-searing palettes, and the screen couldn't actually scroll. You had to play the full levels screen-by-screen. Kind of like Zelda, only without the scrolling transition when you hit the edge of the screen, it just went straight to the next segment.

Needless to say, it's pretty horrible. However, some people ported the game over to the NES. Well, I say "ported", but they used a Super Mario Bros. ROM as a starting point and ported all the levels over exactly. Still, considering everything is the exact same level-design wise, I consider it a port rather than a ROM hack. Anyways, once all of the technical issues weren't a problem anymore, and the screen scrolls like a normal Mario game, you can see that the level design is actually really good. In my opinion, it's actually a fair bit better than the original game.

Anyways, would you mind LP-ing it? I know it's not Zelda Classic/Super Metroid, but I'd still like to see your opinion on it. If you're interested, here's a link to where you can get the IPS file. http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/527/  (IPS file, not full ROM so I'm pretty sure I'm not breaking any rules on posting this.)

Edited by kurt91, 14 May 2013 - 03:38 AM.

#73 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:36 AM

Me and the original game aren't the best of friends. I'll consider looking into doing this sometime in the future.

10:30 PM (18 hours) - ZC: The Realm of Shamanock DX (SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: This Quest is terrible and you should feel terrible for playing it. Side-effects include a soar forehead and a random urge to scream.)

Edited by Eppy, 15 May 2013 - 03:40 AM.

#74 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:46 AM

If you're looking for something else in ZC to stream, try Zelda Conquest or that new Golvellius quest. I know I did Conquest recently but it's good, minus one or two questionable things, and Golvellius is good so far, I don't expect it to take a turn for the terrible any time soon. Even though I only played up through the second dungeon, but it's done nothing to swindle me yet. Either way they're far better than Shamanock but then again that's not saying much. >.>

#75 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:57 AM

Well, I'm too far into Shamanock to turn back now, so i will attempt to finish that quest regardless.

As far as a next Quest, Dawn to twilight is supposedly being released in the next couple of days so that might be my next quest. After that, I will most likely jump straight to Link's Retirement 2. Then perhaps I'll do Zelda Conquest. i wanted to hold off on that quest a little as I did see you do bits and pieces of it and I want to try and forget some of what i saw to make it more of a fresh experience. Golvellius would come sometime later.

Granted, IoR will insert itself in front of any of these quests if it gets completed anytime in the near future...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Stream

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users