Photo

Serenity

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:07 PM

Anouncing another custom quest...again. This time I have something I didn't have before "Motivation!" Well I've graphed everything out on paper, and I now know what I didnt before with zquest (Thanks Ebola Zaire!) So I've decided to make two extras to the game, a sequel and prequil. But neverless, the quest. My quest shall have what I always wanted to see in a custom quest. Like letss sayyy......Screw the idea of a "chosen one" Its gonna have someone ealse. Oh, did I mention the antagonist wins?

Serenity

Story- ( Contains Spoilers )
Somewhere, beyond the spegnated horizon, in a time unkown, There once was a divine land. The land was blessed and prospered over the light that was shined on them each day. War, disease, or anything dealing with death had never existed. But what was to come was to change them all. There was this...one boy who seeked ultimate truth. He spent his days studying the stars, and theories about life. He believed that there was something behind our eyes which we cannot see. He had come across one particular book, one which couldn't be encrypted. The book had text of an unkown words, which served a perpose. The book had knowlege of a force which no one understood. The one who wrote the tablet was believed to be a god, others thought it was fake. All did not see the fate it brought, though. The boy, knew had to read it. It was destiny for him. His mind opened, the power brought with the knowlege, he desired godlike will. He now possesed the ways of will, he sought destruction. Of course, many first thought he was a lie, they regreted.
( Im gonna break it off here, to keep those who read thinking )
An then, slowly with the last breath, they sacraficed their lives to save those who still lived. The lands drifted into the sky, away from the force which brought plague. The boy vrought fair salvation to the universe. Darkness ruled the once luminous lands, the left afloating lands was flooded with despair. For some time, memories began to slowly fade of the tragety.... ( I'm gonna stop here. )

Features
16x16 world.
2.5! b.864
What hasent been done in ZC, I will cover.
Lots of custom ideas and stuff.
Many side quests, optional areas.
Not sure if it matters, but I wanna do what some never would try. Life Bar, Magic points. many more swords. Bosses which take some time to kill. Really, who finds it entertaining to kill a "dragon" which goes down in a couple of hearts.
I look for outa this world midis, Renaissance, and stuff that sounds good.

Screenies
Ok I am sorry for no screens right now, but it does look almost the same way as my old failed ( because of a layer(s) error ) screens. View em here (Old) Eternity But please do note, I have lots of custom stuff made in the quest, and I'm ready to start making it. So, how do you feel abou this one?

#2 hinsburg

hinsburg

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:45 PM

Background story sounds awesome. So you're saying we play as the bad guy? Excellent, that's pretty original.

Can't wait for screenies!

#3 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:59 PM

Actually, you play as a soldier. The soldier ( which you get to graduate from a guild ) rises through some ranks. Eventually the two othere quests explain it all. Screw a chosen one. But, the twists of the plot is sick and original. ( I just might make my own tileset for this....

Edited by Lord Ike, 24 September 2008 - 07:02 PM.

#4 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE(Lord Ike @ Sep 24 2008, 06:59 PM) View Post

Actually, you play as a soldier. The soldier ( which you get to graduate from a guild ) rises through some ranks. Eventually the two othere quests explain it all. Screw a chosen one. But, the twists of the plot is sick and original. ( I just might make my own tileset for this....

Lord Ike...!
I need you to put your things together and start working on this quest right away
this plot on this story you have now, I like so much that I need some screen shots already
I'd prefer you don't go beyond V2.10 , because all others are buggy and unstable
let me know when you post something !

#5 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:07 AM

So, how do you feel abou this one?

I feel deep seeded hatred. The floating lands is an idea I'm using in a story I'm working on right now

Joking. It's a neat idea, but it sounds like it wouldn't work very will in ZC. Still if you're willing to give it a try, more power to you

#6 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 26 September 2008 - 06:10 AM

It wouldn't work very well? Please do explain. Ive aleady made some tiles that look like a broken off land.....as if it was ripped right out of the ground.

Edited by Lord Ike, 26 September 2008 - 07:30 AM.

#7 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 28 September 2008 - 12:58 PM

Ok, Ive made some progress. Alot, I only got 5 hours of sleep last night because I can't wait to add the spice to the quest. So ive decided how im gonna post info on the quest, section by secton.

Arkaria

this the starting point of the game. Its a guild, a university if you will, where you must graduate to continue on in the game. And you, you must actually learn from here so later in the quest you will know what to do. Like twards the end of the game. If you paid attention what the teacher said about ( I'll think of the name of the language ) then you will know which door lays serenity, and which leads to death. And othr information like how to kill a boss. But anyways.... Its a whole BS overworld ( The extirior ) and a few side quests. The side quest revolves around the human trait you like the most. So for example, the three main traits of a human is Strength Skill and Intelligance. If you like Strength the most, you join the gang of fighters and fight against the mages.... Training grounds which you must pass to get on forward, and the player must have passed all so later in the quest, when the time comes, they'll be skilled in the arena. But, you can major in a certain trait, theres side quests which allow you to major.

Rewards are given after and before each completed trial. So first its th eStrength trial, you receive a 1 powered sword, you must use it to advance in the trial, Ex. kill all 1HP enimies to get past shutter. And After the trial, you get a 2 powered sword which is favored by Like Likes. But no matter what, for any reasons, you will always have the 1 damaged sword. After a trial is completed, the player has an option of walkng around the guild more to explore, or head to the dorm where when you get in bed, you awake and have a new trial task. Theres also a colleseum ( Hope I spelled that right ) where you can play gainst other apprentices ( hope I spelled that right, too ).

Screenies, I only got the first half of the overworld complete, but here it is
IPB Image
IPB Image
Its just the gardens of the university.

#8 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:26 PM

This sounds like a really sweet quest! I can't wait to hear more about it.

Also, which version do you use, sounds hard to make in 2.10 or below.

#9 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:34 PM

I will always use 2.5. I would have to sacrafice alot if it were 2.10. While every new build is released, I will upgrade to it until the day its finished, it will have the latest build. Reason bieng because of bugs n 2.5 unwanted actions.

#10 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:41 PM

thats true, using 2.10 its like soo hard to play off certain warps and items but using a higher beta build is very risky especially that new build 864. it messed up my entire quest before and i had to re-do everything from scratch =/

#11 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:40 PM

That worries me, im using 864. But yes, its hard to have Spells, 8 swords, and FFC's in 2.10. icon_lol.gif Anyways.....
Believe me, I'm not going to blow off what ive said, I will promise you will see the ideas.

#12 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:35 PM

Zing! Almost done with Arkaria ground then its the inside to go. I will post a map of the grounds when its done, mabe even MotM. But, heres some pics of some areas which it will look like, Im not using these.
IPB Image
High in the heavens.....
IPB Image
That one place.......

please, say something, even if its small. I need to know how I can improve my abilities to advance in ZC. it would be greatly thanked.

Edited by Lord Ike, 30 September 2008 - 08:14 PM.

#13 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 04 October 2008 - 11:17 AM

Quick question. Ive got the map down. How do I save it so others can view it?

Aslo, Sorry to post three in a row. No one ever posted back...

#14 Accr89

Accr89

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 05 October 2008 - 11:02 AM

The two screen shots look pretty good for the most part. There is just one thing I have to comment on. Why is there only a half of the stone stair on the bottom screenie. I think you should put the other side of the stair and move screen either left or right. It may give it a little more space also, but everything else looks and sounds amazing keep up the good work!!! icon_thumbsup.gif

#15 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:38 PM

Actually, I have to close down the progress. Ive been so busy with school alot, social, and my own time. I wont stop the quest, but When I have time I will work on it. Heres what Ive acomplished
Arkaria
Its unpassworded, i see no need to have quests that are private. So feel free to look a bit and even use some stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users