Photo

Should I make this quest?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Should I make my own Metroid Fusion quest in ZC?

Should I make my own Metroid Fusion quest in ZC?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 17 September 2006 - 01:19 PM

I was wondering one day, shouldn't there be a better remake of Metroid Fusion for ZC? I know that Metroid Fusion has already been remade in ZC, but according to its creator (Exate), it was terrible. (I honestly don't care about graphics, so I actually like the quest.) Still, he released his best Metroid tilesets recently, so I was wondering if I should try my best to make a Metroid Fusion remake using better graphics. Of course, if I did, I wouldn't use the same layout Exate did. No, I'd try to actually make each and every section of the quest be large, like in the original game. I'd also find ways to actually make those Data and Navigation Rooms work, not to mention Samus' Ship. So, what do you think? Should I try making it, or should I just forget about it since one's already been made, however bad people say the graphics are?

#2 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:56 PM

Good luck to you, if it turns out good, I'll play it

#3 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 17 September 2006 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE(Master_of_Power @ Sep 17 2006, 03:56 PM)
Good luck to you, if it turns out good, I'll play it

View Post

icon_eek.gif Odd. I need more info than that. Is that a yes, no, or maybe so? icon_biggrin.gif (I like saying "Yes, no, maybe so?".)

Edit: I added a poll to make things easier. Now, you don't have to post to tell me your answer. Just vote! (And Master_of_Power, please vote for your answer, too.) Oh, and.. uh... have fun...? icon_heh.gif

Edited by pikaguy900, 17 September 2006 - 05:00 PM.

#4 trip i fall

trip i fall

Magus

• Members

Posted 17 September 2006 - 05:12 PM

That means yes, and I voted yes too. I never knew Exate did that, but I'd like to see you do it anyway.

#5 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 17 September 2006 - 05:18 PM

Okay, I guess I'll start on it soon... once I can get my hands on some tiles of Samus' Ship from Metroid Fusion...

#6 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 September 2006 - 05:31 PM

I have played Exate's version of the game. And it was pretty, well, lacking. My tips for making this game:

1) Contact Exate for some very good tilesets
2) Know how to make custom bosses
3) Know how to use boss flags
4) Know how to use combo cycling
5) Analyze walkthroughs from GameFAQs and do some research about the game

DO's and DON'Ts

DO get creative with the game
DON'T make Metroid Fusion bosses as premade bosses. A Ganon Omega Metroid just doesn't work. icon_thumbsdown.gif
DO try as hard as you can
DON'T do too many quests at once
DO take other people's advice about making the game better
DON'T take my word for it icon_lol.gif

I thought of re-making Exate's Fusion quest, since I wanted to see that in XL-75 form, as well. But, I just didn't have the time, tilesets, or innovation to do it. But, I think it is possible to closely mimic the original game, while giving the uniqueness of an overhead Metroid game. I'll vote "yes", but only on the account that you don't try to make so many quests at once. Someone told me, that if you do that, all you're going to come up with are a bunch of half-done quests.

One more thing. If you do make the game, accredit Exate with the idea of trying to make a Zelda Classic version of the official game.

Edited by Animus01, 17 September 2006 - 05:33 PM.

#7 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 17 September 2006 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE(Animus01 @ Sep 17 2006, 05:31 PM)
I have played Exate's version of the game. And it was pretty, well, lacking. My tips for making this game:

1) Contact Exate for some very good tilesets
2) Know how to make custom bosses
3) Know how to use boss flags
4) Know how to use combo cycling
5) Analyze walkthroughs from GameFAQs and do some research about the game

DO's and DON'Ts

DO get creative with the game
DON'T make Metroid Fusion bosses as premade bosses. A Ganon Omega Metroid just doesn't work. icon_thumbsdown.gif
DO try as hard as you can
DON'T do too many quests at once
DO take other people's advice about making the game better
DON'T take my word for it icon_lol.gif

I thought of re-making Exate's Fusion quest, since I wanted to see that in XL-75 form, as well. But, I just didn't have the time, tilesets, or innovation to do it. But, I think it is possible to closely mimic the original game, while giving the uniqueness of an overhead Metroid game. I'll vote "yes", but only on the account that you don't try to make so many quests at once. Someone told me, that if you do that, all you're going to come up with are a bunch of half-done quests.

One more thing. If you do make the game, accredit Exate with the idea of trying to make a Zelda Classic version of the official game.

View Post

Oh boy. I already have too many quests to work on. Some of the ones I remember are in my signature now. Still, I find ways to work on each... I'm almost done with Legend of the Jewels, though, and it didn;t take me long to finish it up to Level 5... I guess the longer you want a quest to be, the longer it takes you to finish it. Now, I'll use Exate's MXL Tileset (As he calls it) for this (He's already released it, of course), and I know a great deal about how to make a quest. I appreciate trying to help me with what to do, but I already know what to do and what not to do.

#8 Deathbringer

Deathbringer

Master

• Members

Posted 20 September 2006 - 02:37 PM

Sure why not? Exates Fusion remake was his worst quest.

#9 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 20 September 2006 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE(pikaguy900 @ Sep 17 2006, 02:19 PM)
, but according to its creator (Exate), it was terrible. (I honestly don't care about graphics, so I actually like the quest.)

View Post

He hates all his quests and I dunno why. They're all really good.
I say go for it though.

#10 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 20 September 2006 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE(Deathbringer @ Sep 20 2006, 02:37 PM)
Sure why not? Exates Fusion remake was his worst quest.

View Post

icon_eek.gif How could you say that? Well, if I'm going to make it, I'm going to need help with the tiles. I may have the Metroid Fusion Player's Guide, but it's not good enough for me when I need to make tiles (unless the pictures are enlarged, which they are for the Tanks). Who would like to help me on this?

#11 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 20 September 2006 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE(pikaguy900 @ Sep 20 2006, 02:53 PM)
icon_eek.gif How could you say that? Well, if I'm going to make it, I'm going to need help with the tiles. I may have the Metroid Fusion Player's Guide, but it's not good enough for me when I need to make tiles (unless the pictures are enlarged, which they are for the Tanks). Who would like to help me on this?

View Post

I'd like to help, but I got work and my signature quest to finish up. By the way, I added MoP's TotW tiles, altered them a bit, and replaced the original 2.10 ground tiles with his. Result: BEAUTIFUL! Also, even if it was Exate's worst quest, it's actually pretty interesting, as far as merging Zelda and Metroid plots go (collecting 8 of something for Zelda and Item Hunting for Metroid). I don't know why he would hate all of his quests, even the XL Remake. It might have something to do with him getting extremely popular and not liking the added attention. Btw, which quest are you going to focus on first: this one, or something else?

#12 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE(Animus01 @ Sep 20 2006, 05:18 PM)
I'd like to help, but I got work and my signature quest to finish up. By the way, I added MoP's TotW tiles, altered them a bit, and replaced the original 2.10 ground tiles with his. Result: BEAUTIFUL! Also, even if it was Exate's worst quest, it's actually pretty interesting, as far as merging Zelda and Metroid plots go (collecting 8 of something for Zelda and Item Hunting for Metroid). I don't know why he would hate all of his quests, even the XL Remake. It might have something to do with him getting extremely popular and not liking the added attention. Btw, which quest are you going to focus on first: this one, or something else?

View Post

I'm going to focus on another Metroid quest first, one of my own design and ideas. It's in my signature what I'm going to do.

#13 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:07 PM

I'm sure topics like this piss him off since he said he hates being idolized. I'd say go for it, but don't contact him, whatever you do. He doesn't like to be poked (bothered with ZC stuff). He has a link in his sig with all his metroid tilesets icon_smile.gif

Edited by Anthus, 20 September 2006 - 09:08 PM.

#14 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:10 PM

I wasn't going to. Umm... Can this topic be closed now? Please? (Just for fun: icon_puppyeyes.gif )

#15 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 21 September 2006 - 11:50 AM

he hates being idolized
That explains everything.
What can I say though. I loved all of his quests.

God bless,
Daiv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users