Progress.

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#16 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:02 PM

I have finished respriting all of the items. I guess consider this a minor spoiler.

zelda106.png

• Eddy and Jared like this

#17 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:44 PM

Broken ground on Death Canyon and crafted a sunset-ish-yet-pastel-ish palette for it today.

zelda107.png

• Shane, Eddy, Sheik and 1 other like this

#18 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:47 PM

Ooo, that looks nice! I really like the combinations of colors that I see, and the structure of the area itself is great as well. The only complaint I have is the orange water because it seems to contrast everything else color-wise a bit too much. Otherwise, great job!

#19 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:59 PM

Reload the image; I uploaded the wrong one with an older palette.

e: purple water

#20 David

David

• Administrators

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:06 PM

The colors still looks great in the correct version, though my water comment still applies. But great job nonetheless, again! :)

#21 is.lee.aac

is.lee.aac

• Members

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:42 PM

Been away from ZC for a while, what a pleasant surprise to see this! Played the demo and wow. And seeing more scripts being added since. This is going to be epic. Can't wait.

BTW, I checked your other videos on YT and saw some of your older music. One (not as old) song I listened to was Countenace, the Link's Awakening, mostly Face Shrine, remix. Gave me goosebumps. Brought me back to my elementary school years bro. Ended up checking out your other music and bought all your albums on bandcamp. You got some real talent mang. Music, programming, game design. Keep it up!! I ended up in the network/system administration field but sometimes I wonder what things would have been like if I got more into programming.

Buying your albums is the least I can do as a thanks for your obvious and amazing past and continued efforts and dedication in creating such detailed, amazing, and fun (not to mention free) ZC quests. BTW, your bc music sounds like it would make perfect charts for beatmania IIDX!! Not that you probably know what I'm talking about. Anyway, I'll be waiting on the edge of my seat for the completion of this quest. =)

Oh, and the link for the We're the Robots mp3 in your YouTube description is dead. Is there anywhere you're still hosting that? Would be a sweet tune to drive around with hahaha!

• Ben likes this

#22 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:23 PM

I'm remaking the second Pendant dungeon again with some new mechanics to base it around. Crystal switches, strategic Beamos placement, a basement floor.

I have no idea what I'll do for a boss for the third Pendant dungeon yet, though.

is.lee.ac -- you are the first person to have bought my newest album "question." congratulations, it's only been out since february. and thank you for your overly kind words.

beatmania is not something I have heard any word of for a very long time. I wondered if it was still around.

#23 Joaish (RedTribeLink)

Joaish (RedTribeLink)

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:12 PM

This is looking awesome so far!  I love all of the OOT additions to this.  It's really giving it a unique feel overall.  The new item texturing is phenomenal as well!  Looking forward to this!

#24 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:21 AM

zelda109.png

Some work on the new second Pendant level, which has now been completed.

If I may say so, it's a pretty good dungeon, and you obtain the following item:

Spoiler

• Shane, Eddy, Sheik and 3 others like this

#25 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 24 May 2015 - 03:40 PM

Double posting for an update! The main overworld is nearly done with only a handful of screens to go, and at that point focus will turn to Death Canyon and Kakariko Village, and eventually the third Pendant dungeon.

https://dl.dropboxus...ZC/zelda111.png <--- overworld progress

I've also been working on a fairly simple scripted harmful darkness mechanic like in Metroid Prime 2. Wasn't too difficult to set up with a script dmap flag and an FFC that temporarily negates it.

• ShadowTiger, Eddy and Jared like this

#26 David

David

• Administrators

Posted 24 May 2015 - 03:43 PM

Woah, that overworld is impressive! Not only is it beautiful, but it is structured very skillfully. Looking forward to more progress in this quest!

#27 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 May 2015 - 04:21 PM

It's so beautiful, nice work! I love the colors and adventurous feel of it.

Sadly, I also feel Link doesn't fit well, with the higher end graphics (versus the GB/ALttP-ish ones from 744) and it makes him stick out badly. But it's your decision if you want to change that.

#28 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 24 May 2015 - 05:11 PM

I wonder if there's a way to make each bottle an abstract and just fill it up with whatever you buy

#29 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:08 AM

I am planning on replacing the Link sprites eventually, but the original 744 one will suffice for the moment. I haven't really found any sprites in the database that I feel fit all that well.

EDIT: JUST KIDDING say hello to DoR Link

links.png

To keep Link from standing out quite as much, I also increased the saturation on most of the sprite palettes. The end result is that the world itself tends to contrast a bit more from the sprites.

zelda115.png

Yes, I changed the life meter again.

Edited by Bagel, 25 May 2015 - 01:10 PM.

• Shane, Eddy, Sheik and 3 others like this

#30 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:39 PM

I got a lot of things accomplished today:

- Short intro storyline segment added (not totally skippable, but you can speed through it as with normal strings.)

- Kakariko Village, a tiny area with a shop and mostly tutorial/expository info, added as a separate tiny map.

- Graphics for a couple new NPCs.

- Lots of strings added or changed.

- Added a requirement to visit the village before being able to enter the first Pendant dungeon (you need the Ocarina to get in, which you get on loan from the village elder Ulrira.)

- Finished the main Hyrule overworld screens. As development progresses, secrets will be gradually added to it.

- New tile artwork.

- A few new screens in Death Canyon.

- An exit from the Lost Woods into Death Canyon.

- Bug fixes.

Not bad for a day, I think.

• Eddy, Sheik, is.lee.aac and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users