Photo

Level 4 Finished - Looking for Potential Testers!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Obderhode

Obderhode

There is great power in knowledge.

• Members

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:48 PM

Since I picked up Zelda Classic again in April, I've managed to complete 2 more dungeons on my remake of my quest, "The Flow of Time"!

The game is now in "demo status", I would say! I've had one member on this site (judasrising) offer to playtest through what I have so far. Having a few more testers would be welcome, and if you are interested in helping out, send me a PM and I can add you as a tester. The original Flow of Time was released in March of 2011. If you played any part of the original, it would be really nice to know how you feel about the upgraded version. Although, playing the original is in no way a requirement to be a tester - it just would be nice to know what you thought of the changes!

I love showing progress pictures showing the differences between the original and the remake, below are two links to the maps of level 4.

Past & Present Dungeon - Original Map

Past & Present Dungeon - Remastered Map
  • judasrising, Jared, WindRobe and 2 others like this

#2 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:51 PM

Wow, the newer version of the map looks really good! Nice improvement, I really like it. Keep it up! :D

• WindRobe likes this

#3 umbrello

umbrello

I am a hero

• Members

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:48 PM

I second what Davi said. Those new versions look fantastic!

#4 Obderhode

Obderhode

• Members

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:01 PM

Thanks for the support! It is pretty fun going back and revising the maps to be more fun and interesting! :)

• judasrising and WindRobe like this

#5 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:02 AM

I'm really liking what I'm seeing in this project. Definitely going to be following this one.

#6 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:46 PM

Belive me those remastered maps are really good :omg: :drool:

• WindRobe likes this

#7 WindRobe

WindRobe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:10 PM

this is gonna be fun quest when it is released cant for it :) and is there gonna be another demo or just gonna release the full game when it is complete

Edited by zcfan, 14 June 2014 - 09:16 PM.

#8 Obderhode

Obderhode

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:23 PM

So far, I've had two good testers going through the demo. They've provided invaluable feedback and I've made many changes. As it stands now, I just finished level 5.

I'm always a little hesitant to release a public demo. I kind of feel like playing the demo would spoil it for when the final version does come out. I'm not against a more public demo, if people really want it. I just feel like Level's 1-5 is a really large demo. 

I'm glad to see that people are interested in the project and I can't wait to release it! :)

• WindRobe and SyrianBallaS like this

#9 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:46 PM

^^ Your dragon quest fan game is awesome

Your current project seems it will be sucessful

Edited by GhostKnight22, 14 June 2014 - 11:47 PM.

#10 Jubbz

Jubbz

Balls Deep

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:21 PM

Considering signing up for Beta Testing.

What would you want looked for? >.>

• WindRobe likes this

#11 Obderhode

Obderhode

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:53 PM

I'd be okay with another tester if you'd like to.

Currently, I'm up to level 7. At this time, most of my testers have only done levels 1-4 since it was all that was available to begin with. 

I'd want feedback the most on:

1) Bugs, obviously. This could be typos, warp issues, under/secret combo errors.etc.

2) Opinion on getting to dungeons / the dungeons themselves / too tricky,etc. Something that I need to provide better hints for? That kind of thing.

3) Difficulty level. This isn't intended to be a quest where you just die hundreds of times or a quest where you feel deaths are unfair. 

#12 WindRobe

WindRobe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:01 PM

just wow ur making progress so fast at this rate u will have the quest released by next month :) anmd jubbz gl to u on beta testing this quest

Edited by zcfan, 22 June 2014 - 09:03 PM.

#13 Jubbz

Jubbz

Balls Deep

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:49 PM

I'd be okay with another tester if you'd like to.

Currently, I'm up to level 7. At this time, most of my testers have only done levels 1-4 since it was all that was available to begin with. 

I'd want feedback the most on:

1) Bugs, obviously. This could be typos, warp issues, under/secret combo errors.etc.

2) Opinion on getting to dungeons / the dungeons themselves / too tricky,etc. Something that I need to provide better hints for? That kind of thing.

3) Difficulty level. This isn't intended to be a quest where you just die hundreds of times or a quest where you feel deaths are unfair. 

Gotcha. Do you mind if I stream it then at some point this week? It'll be easier for me to actually play the levels and make progress a bit at a time. I'm not all that good with cosmetic stuff, but I'll do my best to find the bugs and provide opinions regarding the stuff ya asked for, so whoo~

#14 Obderhode

Obderhode

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:09 PM

You know, I think I'd be okay with you steaming it, but I'm also kind of reluctant. I know there are several things that will change between the version you'll get and release and it might kind of spoil things once the quest does come out. Would you be streaming all 7 levels if you did? :)

#15 WindRobe

WindRobe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:16 PM

i wouldnt stream if it spoils the game for everyone else  rather wait tuill ful game is done my openion anyways :) and all this talk about playing the quest makes want to play it now :)

Edited by zcfan, 22 June 2014 - 11:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users