• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:54 AM

I'm sorry, I couldn't PM you for suggestions/bug reports, but if any advice for the public: download this!

#17 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:40 AM

This. Is. AMAZING. PLAY. NOW.
However you need to work on your spelling and grammar. :3

#18 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:49 AM

icon_smile.gif

Awesome demo i am playing it icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif

Looking for keys in lvl1 icon_eek.gif Really looking good ,nice work.

#19 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:59 AM

Oh boy! can't wait to try this. I'll be playing the demo when I get home icon_biggrin.gif

#20 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:16 AM

icon_smile.gif

I think i beat the demo or is it more in demo?

IPB Image

Very nice demo keep up the good work icon_smile.gif

#21 Zepinho

Zepinho

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:10 AM

Thanks guys.

@ judasrising: yes, that's all for this first demo. I actually see from your screenshot that there's a bug, showing the owl beak item also when outside the dungeon... I have to fix it. I already have an idea on how to do it icon_thumbsup.gif

@ Jared (and Shane by PM): yep, that's not surprising: I'm Italian after all icon_biggrin.gif And also I have to say I didn't pay too much of attention in checking the spelling and grammar of the quest strings... icon_sorry.gif

#22 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE(Zepinho @ Feb 11 2012, 07:10 PM)

Thanks guys.

@ judasrising: yes, that's all for this first demo. I actually see from your screenshot that there's a bug, showing the owl beak item also when outside the dungeon... I have to fix it. I already have an idea on how to do it icon_thumbsup.gif

@ Jared (and Shane by PM): yep, that's not surprising: I'm Italian after all icon_biggrin.gif And also I have to say I didn't pay too much of attention in checking the spelling and grammar of the quest strings... icon_sorry.gif

Do you plan to release another demo in future? and as i said really good work on this quest so far icon_smile.gif

#23 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE(Zepinho @ Feb 11 2012, 11:10 AM)

Oh awesome! I'm also Italian, but I don't speak it. I can help fix your strings, if you like! I'm amazing with spelling and grammar, and would do it happily! icon_wink.gif

Oh also. Are you willing to release some of your scripts? I'd love them! They're perfect.

#24 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

@Jared: We are going to most likely be making a 2.5 quest template, scripts and all. Just be patient. Zepinho and I are going to work on a community set made for GB quests.

#25 Obderhode

Obderhode

There is great power in knowledge.

• Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:26 PM

Really impressive demo! I was kinda hoping Level 1's boss would be a tad harder! He was quite a pushover!

#26 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:53 PM

Played through the demo and loved every bit of it. My only concern with it is that when you have the shield equiped, simply flipping Link horizontally for walking movement doesn't work right. You need to redraw Link's "with shield" tiles so it doesn't look like his shield's swapping arms several times a second.

#27 Zepinho

Zepinho

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:32 AM

Thanks for the comments.

@ Jared: sure, I would be very happy if you can fix the strings of my quest.
May be you can modify them in the quest file (it shouldn't be password protected) and then send it back to me the string data (after exporting them) or the entire quest file... ? Thanks in any case!

@ Twinblake: yes, I can try to make it a little bit harder to beat. I was actually scared by it to be too hard icon_wink.gif These kind of comments are very very useful, since when you try some boss hundreds of times you loose the feeling of how it would be for other people!

@ kurt91: well, that's actually a bug in ZC, I think. For some reason (may be in my build only?), when using the 2-tiles Link walking animations, the walk up second tile is not the one just after the one you set in Graphics->Spritres->Link, but it's set to the first one just flipped horizontally... Usually one doesn't notice it, just because the two tiles look the same (but flipped), but when the shield tiles are added... Should I report this in some forum? Does anybody know whether this is fixed in some more recent build?

#28 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:56 AM

That's just how the animation was handled in LoZ. I fixed this by using BS animation and having two of the other animation frames next to the first one. You can look in my quest file and see what I'm talking about. On a side note, my link sprites are set up in 20 tile increments to make LTM stuff a breeze! I would be more than happy to set all of your stuff up for you. I am also excellent in grammar, college grad level to be precise, and would be glad to go through and fix them. But if Jared can do it, well then by all means go ahead! icon_wink.gif

#29 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

One of the best quest i've ever played!!! I was hungry for a GB tileset quest!

#30 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

I agree finally a awesome GB quest demo! The final product will rock judging from what I saw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users