Should I cancel this?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:09 AM

So I haven't made really any progress on this sense the last update. I have bean working on The Land of Anarchy a lot and its turning out to be really good.
Do you guys think I should cancel this? I just layout some of level 4 and that's about it. I really don't like using this tileset, and I am pretty bad with it to.

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:13 AM

It all comes down to personal preference honestly. If you really feel like you don't want to continue it and have no motivation left whatsoever, then there isn't any point in continuing the quest. I see you also said that you are bad with the tileset. If that's the case, then it probably would be best to get more experience with the tileset (or switch to a different one) and start a new one from there.

But honestly, if you really feel like you can't make any more progress on this quest, then by all means cancel it. Again, it all comes down to personal preference.

(and as for Lands of Anarchy, it's definitely looking good, so if you want to devote your time and effort for that project and not this one, then go for it)

#3 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:03 PM

Give the project too someone else to continue thens for you??

(am not sure what else could really be done abouts that.)

ensure/Insure they specialize in Links Awakening tilesets first.'

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 27 February 2015 - 06:07 PM.

#4 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:20 PM

no.  the dungeon stuff looks kind of weak -- from the screenshots -- but it seems like your pretty good with the tileset for overworld action.  while I find making mazes to be at least five times as much fun as working through one, this does look decent.  I'd only suggest canceling it if it's getting in the way of getting other stuff done; if you have the time, keep at it.  it doesn't have to be perfect.

#5 Limebeer

Limebeer

You can do anything with the abuse of the Animal Husbandry skill

• Members

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:20 AM

Another option would to just put this on an indefinite hiatus as you work on other stuff, and if you find you just won't work on it or you'll want to recreate it in a new incarnation you can cancel it later on.

#6 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:52 AM

Another option would to just put this on an indefinite hiatus as you work on other stuff, and if you find you just won't work on it or you'll want to recreate it in a new incarnation you can cancel it later on.

The main reason I haven't bean working on it is because I think it's bad. This was called Maze of Hyrule 2, but then I realized the puzzles were really easy for the most part so I changed it to Maze of Hyrule fail. 

#7 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:53 AM

The main reason I haven't bean working on it is because I think it's bad. This was called Maze of Hyrule 2, but then I realized the puzzles were really easy for the most part so I changed it to Maze of Hyrule fail. 

If that's the case, then I say cancel it. If you made a successor already, and you feel this is a failure.. even remake it from ground up or cancel it and work on new projects.

#8 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:57 PM

To be honest. If I felt any of my projects were going to be bad. I wouldn't continue it. Deliberately releasing projects that I think are going to be bad can only go so far before people just won't want to play a quest project made by me. Don't finish a project just for the sake of finishing it. If you honestly truly feel that its not worth playing, just scrap it and spend more of your quality time in making a project you can actually look forward to.

• Shane likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users