Zelda Classic Lets Play

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:07 PM

Dreams of Yesterday by C-Dawg (for 2.5) is a fantastic romp through an epic-length series of fully fleshed out dungeons, a magnifacent plotline filled with cutscenes, and one of the most amazing final bosses I've ever had the pleasure of playing through. Some of the new content different from the original release over a decade ago isn't finished, but those areas can be ignored. (Just one wing of the Dojo.)

#32 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

Knuckles you should play Idiot In Another Dimension made by my good buddy Mr.Z!  xD

• Dirtyshovel likes this

#33 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:25 AM

I would be interested in seeing someone LP my next release of TGC (in the demos database), purely to get more feedback on the game.

I am hoping to put out a new version within the next two months.

I am very interested to see how other people react to it, and if a player is able to figure out anything at this point. It's still very small, and alpha-ish, but it uses many 2.50 features.

Other than that, I think the best approach is to Lp games that do not already have an LP., or for which the LP is very outdated. For example, DoY has an LP (by MeleeWizard), that I re-watched this week, but it is an old version of the game.

BTW ShadowTiger: I really wish you would toss the Link screaming SFX in that game. Those were so annoying the Four Swords games, and IIRC, Minish Cap, and listening the the 'hah/hai' sound endlessly, watching an LP, or playing the game, is ear shattering.

All the other SFX are fine, but I think that a basic sword slash sound would be much better, for the most repeated sound in a game.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 17 March 2014 - 02:29 AM.

#34 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:45 AM

I'll toss my quests into the ring as well. I won't recommend any in particular, I'll let you browse and pick what interests you most.

#35 Phosphor

Phosphor

Pixelating

• Members

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

I'd be interested in seeing my quest A New Dawn LP'd, if you're looking for a classic-esque dungeon romper.

#36 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

Master Of Amy Rose Series

• Members

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:43 AM

I'll announce that both Fun in the Sun and its sequel are in fact on my list, I have been practicing FITS1 just to see how difficult it is described, and it shows.  I need a lot of help in finding where things are, like sword upgrades, armor, and even where the levels are located.

#37 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:47 AM

I'll announce that both Fun in the Sun and its sequel are in fact on my list, I have been practicing FITS1 just to see how difficult it is described, and it shows.  I need a lot of help in finding where things are, like sword upgrades, armor, and even where the levels are located.

Gooood freeeeaking luuuck XD

I can see these playthroughs becoming a big "GAME OVER" spam XD

Although, I sadly won't be any help to the quests since I kinda forgot where most of the crap is and it's been a really long time since I last played the quests.

#38 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:08 AM

I would like to nominate the following:

'A new Adventure' (Complete Game), by jsm116
and
'Trial of The Gods' Demo by Lineas

Both are RPG-esque games, and should make for fascinating LPs.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 03 May 2014 - 06:09 AM.

#39 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

• Members

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:44 AM

I do take requests, although they will not be in my hidden list.  Plus, it must be a completed game, no demos.  One thing about FITS is that is was scheduled to come next after my next hidden quest after hookshot, which I have started recording, so if I can't get any help with FITS, something will replace its spot.

#40 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

• Members

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:41 AM

"A New Adventure"  is now on my list....but are there anymore completed RPG like ZC quests?  Those seem interesting.  Plus I still help on Fun In The Sun!

#41 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

• Members

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

Hookshot officially comes to an end next week on the 21st...expect next hidden quest on the 23rd.

#42 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:31 PM

"A New Adventure"  is now on my list....but are there anymore completed RPG like ZC quests?  Those seem interesting.  Plus I still help on Fun In The Sun!

The reason you don't see completed RPG-style quests, is because they take a long time (2+ years) to complete; and C2.5 has only been released in final form for about 1 1/2 years.

The level of scripting required, is rather intensive, and then you have to consider the story design, including hundreds of strings, and ways to control them, plus NPCs, cities, locations, and...I suppose you probably get the point.

Over time, you may see some of the present RPG quests completed. I think this will be the next wave of great ZC quests, much as the RPG storm of the late 1980s, was the crux point for home video games in Japan, keeping in mind that a single person, designing a game of this kind, with a real story, and RPG features, working on it part-time, will take years to complete a solid, good game.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 14 May 2014 - 09:08 PM.

#43 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

• Members

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:25 PM

good to know, yours seems good too...but yeah I already have some quests on my list to LP....just wait and see what comes.

Edited by SCKnuckles, 14 May 2014 - 09:25 PM.

#44 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:04 PM

i will confirm this, I will officially not LP Fun In The Sun til I get the help Im asking for...

#45 Limebeer

Limebeer

You can do anything with the abuse of the Animal Husbandry skill

• Members

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:03 PM

I vote for one of the insanely best ones... Isle of Rebirth :wow:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users