• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Jun 30 2011, 05:27 AM) View Post

LOL Seems like I'm only remembered for Lost Isle and only because Peteo was involved! I knew I wasn't that big in the community with my others works! icon_lol.gif

You're joking, right? As much as I hate to admit it, you're awesome! The stuff you did with pre 2.5 ZC without using any special tricks makes it actually feel like we're not doing the same stuff we've done 500 times before. You put thought and effort into everything you do while I...I just kinda pull stuff outta my ass and roll with it. Haters may hate, but you're one of the best quest designers out there. Honestly if Peteo had designed LI alone, I probably wouldn't have liked it as much. It was your leadership that made it great.

#32 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:58 AM

What!?!?! Only one person mentioned me!!! That tears it, i'm tired of this site!

haha! icon_lol.gif i'm just playing. I'm not like that.

My favs are
Robin
Joe123
Dawnlight
Shiek91
Radien
Lynker
Keiichi123
Midnight_King
Yoshidude
Plisskin
Peteo
DarkFlameWolf
Shoelace
Russ
Nuvo
NoeL
Daemon
I know I'm missing a few, but these are off the top of my head.

#33 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:43 AM

My Favorites
Shoelace
DarkFlameWolf
Robin
Joe123
Shiek91
Koh
Mr. Z
Furion
Nuvo
Lynker
Radien
Sepulcher
Daemon
Pokemonmaster64

Edited by Yoshidude, 01 July 2011 - 03:17 PM.

#34 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:58 AM

Why did you cross out Robin and Furion?

#35 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:04 AM

EDIT: Since Robin told me what really happened, this is over.

Edited by Yoshidude, 01 July 2011 - 03:17 PM.

#36 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:06 AM

Hmmm, I believe it was a mistake saying out in public dude...

#37 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:41 AM

I guess I'll list my favorite ZCers list:
EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE PZC COMMUNITY!

Nuff Said.

Personally, I am not picky and pick out favorites. As long as you deliver the goods and always strive to improve regardless whether or not I like your work, then you receive the Dawnlight's seal of quality. icon_wink.gif

#38 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ Jul 1 2011, 11:41 AM) View Post

Nuff Said.

Personally, I am not picky and pick out favorites. As long as you deliver the goods and always strive to improve regardless whether or not I like your work, then you receive the Dawnlight's seal of quality. icon_wink.gif

This. So freaking this. Effort is what I look for in people's work. If you care about what you do, you're doing it right. If you try to make yourself better, you're doing it right. That's what matters to me. icon_smile.gif

Also, I'd like to say that I'm honoured to be on people's lists. *Bows* Thank you very much.

#39 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE(Yoshidude @ Jul 1 2011, 11:04 AM) View Post

I crossed out Robin because Lynker asked for some tiles or something and he said that he wasn't going to make the Hylian phoenix tileset anymore. I crossed out Furion because I sent him a PM asking for his tileset, (witch he said ''PM me if you want the tileset, or any of my other works. Most are incomplete, but if there is a demand for, say this tileset, I wouldn't mind finishing it this summer.'') and I think because I called him a jerk once, he decided to ignore me.

Stop fishing for arguments. Deliberately crossing them out will only bring off topic and childish discussion to the thread. Take it to PM if you have a problem and please do not continue this type of discussion here, if you wish to respond to this I would ask you to either use PMs or the Staff Dropbox.

I'm only going to list people of games I've played, and enjoyed. List isn't very long because I really haven't played very many games.
Freedom
Shoelace
DFW
Peteo

#40 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE(Yoshidude @ Jul 1 2011, 09:04 AM) View Post

I crossed out Robin because Lynker asked for some tiles or something and he said that he wasn't going to make the Hylian phoenix tileset anymore. I crossed out Furion because I sent him a PM asking for his tileset, (witch he said ''PM me if you want the tileset, or any of my other works. Most are incomplete, but if there is a demand for, say this tileset, I wouldn't mind finishing it this summer.'') and I think because I called him a jerk once, he decided to ignore me.

You could have just removed them and nobody would have noticed... icon_shrug.gif

#41 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:59 PM

CastChaos was always my number one inspiration, mainly because of his great support to me as well, I grew large affinity for his quests. And I enjoyed BB more than any other quest so far. Plus we work together, so yeah...

I loved Radien's work since the DoR demo he made, all his screendesign is very clean and neat.

Furthermore not anyone specific, but I like almost anyone's work in the community and I'm quite certain almost everyone gave me some inspiration at times.

I also need to note Stray Sheep, not for his ZC work, but for his great support.

#42 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE(Sepulcher @ Jul 1 2011, 04:28 PM) View Post

Midnight_King

What!? Someone mentioned me!? Wow icon_biggrin.gif!!

Anyways my final list (From A-Z):
  • Castchoas (His creativity is mind blowing what can't he do?)
  • Dawnlight (Seeing his work just makes me want to play his game!)
  • Gounanco (Even through he has not completed a quest... yet... He's determination and ideas are pretty out of this world!)
  • Ica44 (I've seen his video about the roll glitch people like this are very skilled eagle eye ZCers!)
  • Joe123 (Takes ZC into a whole new world!)
  • LostInHyrule (God his classic work surely beats mine! Even through I didn't talk to him much he still an awesome guy never the less!)
  • Lynker (I've tested one of his games from there to the screenshots he has shown today have improved beyond mine!)
  • Moo2wo (He's good at screen design and really nice to talk to too!)
  • NoeL (God go plays his unfinished quests it makes scripting (Note that I love scripting!) look like a waste of time!)
  • Orin XD (This guy as surely improved in both screendesign and scripting! He is rising the floor to a new level!)
  • PokemonMaster64 (Go play LQftH it will change you life (or at least ZC!)!)
  • Robin (Despite not working on ZC anymore his past work as been always perfection.)
  • Radien (His work looks like it's straight from Nintendo!)
  • Schwa (All I can say is that this guy can do almost anything ZC!)
  • Sepulcher (He seems to improve each screenshot I see this guy as reached the skys already!)
  • SpacemanDan (His work is always top notch! 'Nuff said!)
  • Sheik91 (I still can't believe he mastered PR like that before my eyes!)
  • Twilight_Knight (Every time I look at his work it's always something new to show!)
  • William (His GB shots just take out the other (and even mine!) GB shots like a nuclear bomb!)
Also Yoshidude why do you have Furion crossed out icon_eyebrow.gif?

EDIT: @Yoshidude (Seeing that this is going to make a post that's not what the topic is about I might as well edit it here): Seeing that your original post was edited I couldn't see the post. So please spear me such tone alright? Also for the record he said your screens were basic he didn't say the weren't good.

Edited by Midnight_King, 02 July 2011 - 04:58 AM.

#43 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ Jul 1 2011, 09:41 AM) View Post

Nuff Said.

Not to spit on your good intentions or anything, but if you give your seal of quality out to everyone it becomes meaningless. icon_razz.gif Nintendo introduced quality control because the Atari 2600 didn't have any, and the ridiculous amount of crap games that were being made and sold essentially killed the entire video game market. Sure they may have hurt the feelings of people making shonky games (and let's face it, if Ljn games got passed then they must've been atrocious), but it made the consumer aware that by buying games with the seal of quality it's less likely to be a waste of money (compared to buying a 2600 game).

So saying you love everyone is all smiles and rainbows, sure, but for someone trying to decide on a quest to play it's useless to recommend EVERYONE. You see the same problem in the rating system, where people will give out five stars just because the author "tried their best" or whatever, and the rating doesn't reflect the quality of the quest/tiles/music. That's why we should have an anonymous rating system, so people can give an honest rating without being worried everyone will think they're a dick for one-starring something.

QUOTE(Midnight_King @ Jul 1 2011, 06:07 PM) View Post
NoeL (God go plays his unfinished quests it makes scripting (Note that I love scripting!) look like a waste of time!)
Thanks! That's quite a commendation icon_lol.gif

Edited by NoeL, 01 July 2011 - 10:37 PM.

#44 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE(NoeL @ Jul 1 2011, 09:36 PM) View Post

Not to spit on your good intentions or anything, but if you give your seal of quality out to everyone it becomes meaningless. icon_razz.gif Nintendo introduced quality control because the Atari 2600 didn't have any, and the ridiculous amount of crap games that were being made and sold essentially killed the entire video game market. Sure they may have hurt the feelings of people making shonky games (and let's face it, if Ljn games got passed then they must've been atrocious), but it made the consumer aware that by buying games with the seal of quality it's less likely to be a waste of money (compared to buying a 2600 game).

So saying you love everyone is all smiles and rainbows, sure, but for someone trying to decide on a quest to play it's useless to recommend EVERYONE. You see the same problem in the rating system, where people will give out five stars just because the author "tried their best" or whatever, and the rating doesn't reflect the quality of the quest/tiles/music. That's why we should have an anonymous rating system, so people can give an honest rating without being worried everyone will think they're a dick for one-starring something.
Thanks! That's quite a commendation icon_lol.gif

Well, he was trying to make people who weren't listed feel better about them selves. What you said was incredibly uncalled for.
A short little message of admiration turns into a reply that makes you seem beyond a jack ass.

#45 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE(NoeL @ Jul 1 2011, 10:36 PM) View Post

I really don't think you should compare the PZC community to professional game developers. icon_unsettled.gif Anyway, going by what you said, you are absolutely right. If you give someone too much sympathy, then they lose the reality that they are doing something that is absolutely wrong and you don't have the strictness to address it. But that's not what I'm saying in my statement. I'm saying that regardless of how good or bad somebody's work is, I do not pick favorites and only acknowledge certain users and to completely alienate the rest of the pack. Yes, I will be strict sometimes and give out strong criticism. But I don't think its fair to alienate users who are striving to improve their work and only acknowledge the other group of users who received popularity from the community.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users