Photo

Is "Zelda Classic 2.10" Still Needed? (Windows 10)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Ner0nitas

Ner0nitas

• Members

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:24 AM

Heyho, and excuse again for my crappy english.   :)

I download some quests, and since Version 2.50.2 gave me problems with "Quest 744" (cause it needs 2.50.0 or 2.50.1), I'm worried about quests for version 2.10.
Cause this version doesn't seem to work with Windows 10 (I just got a white screen) and I have to use a 2.50.X version.

But in some quests, for example "The Hero Of Dreams", it says explicit "This game is for 2.10. Please play it in 2.10!", but that's simply not possible anymore.  ^^"
So, can I play these quests with a newer version or are they unplayable?

Edit:
Same for version 1.92.
"Link's Birthday Deluxe" needs version 1.92 beta 183.

Edited by Ner0nitas, 21 December 2016 - 09:35 AM.

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:59 AM

Most 2.10 quests should work in 2.5 I believe. The exceptions are usually ones with lots of 2.10 trickery to make certain events work right or ones that rely on certain mechanics of the ladder, in particular whether or not it takes precedence over the flippers when you have them.

Hero of Dreams should work in 2.5 I believe, because Shoelace put a lot of effort into making it forward compatible in the last update to the quest. Link's Birthday Deluxe should also work from my experience.

• Evan20000 and Ner0nitas like this

#3 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:14 AM

I can confirm that Link's Birthday Deluxe work in 2.50.x. I played it a couple years ago, and made it to the end.
  • Ner0nitas likes this

#4 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:34 AM

Quests like LBDX and HoD should be ok with 2.5. I was able to get to the end without any major hiccups. Honestly, I don't think I've ran into any major problems in the quests I've played, be it 1.92 or 2.10 quests. There probably are some quests that won't work in 2.50 for reasons Moosh mentioned in his post, but shouldn't be that many of them.

Good thing given I don't think I can even run 2.10 on my computer.
  • Ner0nitas likes this

#5 Ner0nitas

Ner0nitas

• Members

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:57 AM

Ah ok, thx for the answers everyone! :)
It's sometimes pretty confusing, when the autor says "Use only this version!!! Some random kitten will die, when you use another version!" and there are so... many... versions...  ^^"

I was hoping I can use 2.50.2 free for just everything, cause it's the newest versions... but it breaks scripts that are meant to be played in 2.50.1... so it's sometimes pretty damn strict.

#6 DarkDragon

DarkDragon

Junior

• Members

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:32 PM

The following major releases of ZC are officially supported, and all quests released for these versions *should* work on the latest build of 2.50. If this is not the case, that is a (high-priority) quest-compatibility bug that should be reported:

2.50.*

In addition, as a special exception the following legacy beta builds are also officially supported, due to their historical importance:

1.92 b163

1.92 b183

Other beta or release candidate builds are *not* officially supported. Please do not do major work on your quest-in-progress using a beta or RC build!

#7 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:55 PM

There are two quests that gave me compatibility troubles that made me shy away from 2.10 quests entirely at this point.  The first was Death's Power, where I had to hammer upwards on a block 2 spaces away, but it would only work on 2.10. (Visual Aid)  The second one was Arena Fight - Link Version, where items that required reflected wand shots didn't work right.  I don't have video evidence of that one, but I hope this is helpful to you.

#8 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:39 PM

The hammer's been fixed.
Is this the room where the wand didn't work?

arenafightl.png

If that's it, it's also been fixed. If it was somewhere else, I'll have to recheck it.
  • Neppy likes this

#9 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:56 PM

Yeah, I think that's the one, but there was one in the overworld as well.

#10 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:19 PM

arenafightl.png

If that's it, it's also been fixed. If it was somewhere else, I'll have to recheck it.

The (half-tile) reflected shots bug should be fixed already, along with a few other eweapon compatability issues, in the offset collision rule. Is this not getting set right for 2.10 quests? Whenever an older version is loaded it should get checked automatically.

#11 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:01 PM

Yes, it's working right.

#12 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:47 AM

I admit, It's been about 3 years since I last tried playing a 2.10 quest in 2.5 and I haven't exactly kept track of what fixes have been made since then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users