Requiem for Hyrule

• Please log in to reply
360 replies to this topic

#286 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

Stuck in level 5 now >.>" I have found 2 staircases, one leads me back to an early point in the dungeon and the other leads me to a Aquamentos boss enemy that guards a door to... early part of the dungeon D: don't know where to go as I feel I've explored it all already!

There's a guy who says to try exploring near home but not sure what he means by that either.

#287 newstarshipsmell

newstarshipsmell

Musky Pawgazer

• Members

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:49 AM

QUOTE(franpa @ Nov 15 2012, 03:59 AM) View Post

Stuck in level 5 now >.>" I have found 2 staircases, one leads me back to an early point in the dungeon and the other leads me to a Aquamentos boss enemy that guards a door to... early part of the dungeon D: don't know where to go as I feel I've explored it all already!

There's a guy who says to try exploring near home but not sure what he means by that either.

There's a guy in each dungeon who gives a hint where the next dungeon is. That's what he's talking about.

Did you get the Magic Boomerang? 2 rooms before you reach the guy, there's a room with some mummies and statues; you need to superbomb the halfwall to reach the chest. 2 rooms past him there's a secret stairwell that leads to the other half of the dungeon. You'll also need to start pushing against walls everywhere if/when you get stuck, have fun.

The Aquamentos is "guarding" that door on the right as a trick, you are not "supposed" to exit his room that direction. icon_wink.gif
You can actually reach the Aquamentos room without using the hidden stairwell to enter it. The third room south of the entrance, if you enter the hidden stairwell in that room, exit it and immediately hold left, you'll enter Aquamentos' room from the right while the door in the next room is closing on you. Doing so doesn't sequence-break anything, it's just a handy shortcut.

#288 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:35 AM

Bah super bombs. I need to start carrying them everywhere -_-"

Edited by franpa, 15 November 2012 - 06:35 AM.

#289 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:10 AM

IPB Image

So you super bomb the half wall and it disappears, where is this chest you speak of? I couldn't walk through any walls and nothing I did in there did anything. Shockingly leaving and returning resulted in the half wall respawning so I need to go and get another super bomb when I re-attempt it.

#290 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

Ouch, very weird indeed. Also, Superbombs will only show if you are going to need to use them in that level.

Push the statue for the chest to appear.

#291 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE(Link @ Nov 16 2012, 12:02 AM) View Post
Ouch, very weird indeed. Also, Superbombs will only show if you are going to need to use them in that level.

Push the statue for the chest to appear.

Am I meant to have gloves or something? No statue of any kind will move in that room. And now that you mention it, that tip about super bombs should've been obvious >.>"

Edit: With regards to gloves/bracelets I'll assume yes and yes I've read where they are from page 5 or 6.
Edit 2: After spending like 300 rupees on super bombs I finally have magiic boomerang!

Edited by franpa, 15 November 2012 - 09:47 AM.

#292 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

I know this quest is a bit old (5 years old!) but it would be cool to see an update to fix up this incredibly minor subscreen issue :/

http://armageddongam...ntire-inventory

#293 newstarshipsmell

newstarshipsmell

Musky Pawgazer

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE(franpa @ Nov 18 2012, 12:59 AM) View Post

I know this quest is a bit old (5 years old!) but it would be cool to see an update to fix up this incredibly minor subscreen issue :/

http://armageddongam...ntire-inventory

He's fixed some other bugs recently. Frankly, I found the custom dungeon-dependent item sort-orders far more annoying than the handful of areas where R toggles through boomerang/bombs only. Not only was it frustrating to quickly tap a memorized number of Ls or Rs and land on the wrong item, but the quest will assign the wrong item to your current selection when you exit the dungeon. I can't tell you how many times I walked outside and promptly cursed Rocksfan while I swallowed half a potion or ran away from a superbomb. icon_lol.gif But since I have no idea how to use ZQ much less how it works, I wasn't sure whether that was a bug he didn't know about or bother to fix, or simply a limitation imposed by the software. I assumed the latter so it would aggravate me less. At the end of the day, though, I'd rather play a top-notch quest with a few bugs like Requiem than some average quest that plays perfectly.

#294 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

I like to imagine that setting up the custom subscreens in the first place was a major pain in the ass and he just isn't very inclined to go over the god awful mess he had to go through to get it working in the first place >.>"

#295 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:33 AM

Question: When is it possible to get the letter? Are there any shops that sell potions, taht don't require the letter?

It's just that level 5 is kinda pushing my limits in the 2nd half, with tons of darknuts. I assume you get the hammer in this dungeon which will make the darknuts a piece of cake, but I think I need to kill a ton of darknuts to actually get it. A potion would greatly alleviate the problem.

Edited by franpa, 19 November 2012 - 03:34 AM.

#296 newstarshipsmell

newstarshipsmell

Musky Pawgazer

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

You don't get the Hammer until Level 8 or 9. Sorry.

I don't remember when/where you get the Mushroom (Letter.) I could've sworn I found it before reaching Level 4 one playthrough, but on my current gamesave I am partway through that dungeon with no Mushroom. I must have accidentally deleted my quest notes; all I have are dungeon maps for L5-8. Every potion shop I encountered prior to finding the Mushroom required it to buy potions, though. Think I'm gonna play this one through from the start again - I gave up/lost interest on L9 every other time.

#297 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

Yes, those sub-screens were a pain. It really was trial and error there. I'm sorry they were just as painful for you. Rest assured, I have not done that or will do that again.

You can get the letter/mushroom once you get the bracelet. It is located just south of where you got the white sword.

#298 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE(Link @ Nov 20 2012, 04:51 AM) View Post
Yes, those sub-screens were a pain. It really was trial and error there. I'm sorry they were just as painful for you. Rest assured, I have not done that or will do that again.

You can get the letter/mushroom once you get the bracelet. It is located just south of where you got the white sword.
Ah, awesome. Thanks guys!

#299 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

IPB Image

I'm stuck >.>" I found a key and found the map but can't progress as I need the bow to continue. Also that puzzle to get the map was SNEAKY! For a moment I feared having to get ANOTHER super bomb! (Please tell me I don't need another...)

Also I totally know now what NSSS was talking about with regards to the subscreen, it does indeed default to the potion when entering places D: also it would probably not be missed if you made the room above me not always respawn the Darknuts lol, unless there is a puzzle involving them (Like kiling all the reds before the blues...).

Edited by franpa, 20 November 2012 - 01:38 AM.

#300 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

You need the Big Key for the Bow. Located one room above Aquamentus.

No. Only 1 S-bomb per level, if needed. I'm not that mean. icon_biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users