Thousand year humans

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#1 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 20 September 2005 - 05:23 AM

You know in the bible, people lived for thousands of years, I'm not sure if this is true or not: but scientists have prooved it to be fact. They just can't seem to understand why we don't now.

I have 2 theories: A: All the additives in food and all the pollution.(Yes, the FDA is slowly poisoning you by allowing chemicals in food)

Theory 2: The human race could be just split. A LONG time ago the Human race was just that. There were no asian, causcasian, Native American, etc. Just ONE. Now its very hard to find people of just more then one descent.

Or maybe its a combo of both?

I also read an article about some guy who figured out how to make a medicine that can let you live for nearly forever. I think that the previous sentence is a lie though...

What I wouldn't give to live longer.

#2 Ccc

Ccc

Adept

• Members

Posted 20 September 2005 - 05:47 AM

but scientists have prooved it to be fact.

No, they haven't, people can not live to be a thousand.
The books in the old testament and Torah (same thing, mostly) are just story's, nothing more, there not facts there story's.
Moral story's, meant to convey a massage, not historical fact.

#3 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 20 September 2005 - 08:09 AM

I think the longest life span of any individual human being, was Methusaleh in the book of Genesis. I could be wrong though. I think Adam himself almost lived that long though. Almost. At least sixty years short, or something like that.

#4 Manifesto Empire

Manifesto Empire

Senior

• Members

Posted 20 September 2005 - 11:42 AM

My uncle has been studing the bible and trying to understand how stuff like that happens.......he eventually became insane....he's pretty smart he's better now but...he said some weird stuff.....he clams he can talk to god, and he new whne the day the pope died and the excact hour and he said it about 3 weeks befour he died.....it was trippy....anyways....i'll ask him about this....he'll probably say something long and pointless but i'll try....oh, he says he can go forword in time and back in time somehow....dunno...he does alot of weird meditation and stuff...he read the bible for like 6 years strate evryday....it got boring after a while though....he was trying to understand the freemasin stuff....i dunno....anywyas..

#5 Mad Dog

Mad Dog

Hooya!!!

• Members

Posted 20 September 2005 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE(Shashomaru @ Sep 20 2005, 10:42 AM)
he clams he can talk to god

That's called praying.

And CCC, the Bible is a history book. Almost all fot he locations have been found, and most of the events are also noted in other documents.

#6 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 20 September 2005 - 01:29 PM

True, the Bible is a history book, but I don't truely believe everything in it, it seems to be missing a lot of information, for instance: there were actually 7 Satans and demons were around longer before(if there was ever) the betrayal.

Another note, there were 2 other types of humans not mensioned in hystery... Don't laugh, but did anyone hear of the Coneheads and the Fatheads?

I dunno if they are fake, but check out the sheer size of the cranium, maxium brain capasity.

I read somewhere that these persons had a largly above average life span for the time they were from.(they were prehistorial)

Edit by BH4: Please keep all images below 400 pixels in any direction. Thanks.

#7 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 20 September 2005 - 02:24 PM

Should I close this topic now before it is turned into a religious debate?

Or can people handle it this time?

I assure you. This is just a 'be careful' warning. No one is in trouble, yet. But if this snowballs like some other threads did, there will be consequences. Well, I can't do anything...but to be frank the staff is sick of dealing with it. So keep it under control, okay?

I firmly believe the Bible to be absolutely true. If it's a holy book, how could it ever become unholy? God would prevent it from becoming that way.

#8 Ccc

Ccc

Adept

• Members

Posted 20 September 2005 - 02:33 PM

No, there moral story's, meant to convey a massage not historical truth.
The Noah myth is the perfect example.
The Noah story comes from the older Babylonian story The Epic of Gilgamesh, wile the Israelites were in exile (note: This would be long after the exodus) some of them lived in Babylon were they got the story, when they returned to Judea the brought the story with them, they changed the Babylonian names to Hebrew names, changed the gods to god and added a morel massage to it.
Sodom and Gomorrah are another example.
several time archeologist's have claimed to have found the city's but there is no way to prove that those city's were Sodom and or Gomorrah and those city's were all destroyed by war (many times infarct), the was most likely a hodgepodge of disaster story's mixed to gather, with Hebrew names added and a morel massage.

Another good example is, I forget its name so I'll tell it, There is a guy, he is wealthy had has a loving family and he loves God, Satan (Not a devil but more an angel of doubt, the devil part was added by a nut in a cave) he says that the guy doesn't really love him but loves him cause all that god gave him, so god gives him permission to take away his fortune, so he dose, and the guy doesn't curse god name, so he takes away his family, he doesn't curse gods name, Satan then gives him boils (most likely Smallpox would be the doses its referring to.) he doesn't curse gods name. Satan, throughly proven wrong, is not heard from again until a nut in a cave decides to writ Revelations (Revelations is crap).
The massage, shot happens, even the bible says it, **** happens.

There moral storys.

#9 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Master

• Members

Posted 20 September 2005 - 02:51 PM

You mean Job (pronouced jobe).
According to the bible, God cut man's lives short because of their sinful nature. Ccc, the bible could be just stories or facts, but neither of us know because we were not in that period.

Edited by Fire Wizzrobe, 20 September 2005 - 02:59 PM.

#10 venom343

venom343

Senior

• Members

Posted 20 September 2005 - 03:18 PM

Wow im surprised everyone is taking this so maturely, I beleive in the holy bible and all the stories in it, but others either choose not to, or would rather have proof that its true or not...Some are men of sciense and others of faith.

#11 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 20 September 2005 - 04:27 PM

I believe it is all true, and I'd rather not live that long I think 75 years is to long to suffer around other people.

EDIT: Here is a link that has links to the little conehead dudes. *Fart*

Edited by Daniel, 20 September 2005 - 04:46 PM.

#12 Ccc

Ccc

Adept

• Members

Posted 20 September 2005 - 04:43 PM

Any one who believe the bible story's to be fact, has never read it.

#13 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 20 September 2005 - 04:47 PM

Consider the sourse...

Also, I have heard about the coneheads and fatheads...

I think I miss read you post... Are you saying that people have lived for over 1,000 years, or are you saying that people lived over 1000 years ago? The later is true; people did live thousands of years ago (though they weren't quite people yet, becuase we haven't fully evolved... For that mater we were probably just starting to branch off from Homosapien -> Homoerectus...)

There is absolutly no way one human could sustain life for over 1000 years unless he was aided my some super powerful machines (Whixh we don't have yet)... Chriogenic freezing (suspended animation) doesn't count as living becuase you are techncally dead durrig this time...

Edited by Tobias Daboi, 20 September 2005 - 04:48 PM.

#14 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 20 September 2005 - 04:53 PM

Nobody said it was Ccc, facts we said we think it is icon_wink.gif.

That link might be crazy people stuff because it has a link talking about dinosaurs exsting.

Edited by Daniel, 20 September 2005 - 04:56 PM.

#15 Guest_the magical sword (Guest)

Guest_the magical sword (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2005 - 04:59 PM

Yeah, but the bible is more accurate than our science or history books. I mean, scientists believe that the world was
formed by chance (64 billion to 1). I doubt our world formed by chance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users