• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

#31 Mariogirl

Mariogirl

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 07:28 PM

Agreed.

Why would someone even start a topic like this :/.

I'm guessing that either this topic was started to see if they could create large contraversy, see if gamers believe in god, or just posting to up their post count! icon_lol.gif

#32 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 07:38 PM

I just felt the need to butt in and say that the devil isn't the ultimate evil. He just subscribes to it. Everybody has the potential for evil. They don't need a devil to blame for temptation; they manage to create it just fine on their own. icon_razz.gif

As for being forgiven, I think the Bible technically says that there is one sin that won't be forgiven, something about rejecting and condemning God entirely. I've had a little trouble with the definition of that, but regardless, it's pretty obvious that satan's already done it many times over. So probably the answer is "no."

Anyway, that's what I think Christianity has to say about it. It doesn't necessarily mean I believe it to the letter, but I believe one should argue about a religion on the religion's own terms. If I wanna believe something else, I won't try to pass it off as Christianity through-and-through. People tend to get angry about that.

...Also where oh where has our topic-starter gone? Perhaps this is a sign that it's not a good idea to spark a religious debate on a Zelda forum in your first 5 posts. icon_eyebrow.gif

#33 Vincent

Vincent

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE(Tobias Daboi @ Jul 25 2005, 06:44 PM)
You can continue to blow hot air at me if you want, but it will be in vain...

About that... I wasn't trying to blow hot air on anyone, just answer BH4's question of how it is possible to prove that either God or satan really exist. When you noticed that my first link wasn't up to scratch because of a particular paragraph (thanks, btw), I tried to find at least one more site that would require less suspension of disbelief. I needed to prove that they existed before I could get around to answering the original question, and I apologise for seeming to attack you.

Now, back to the original question. Here is my idea: satan exists to be a contrast to God. Without darkness, would we truly understand the light? Kind of a double meaning, but it gets that point across. Satan cannot be forgiven because he commited the only unforgivable sin, which was to put himself before God by refusing to serve. He now exists only to be a contrast to God, and to give us a choice. God's love is such that He is willing to let us choose what we think is best for us, even if it means that some choose to reject Him. Satan knows that he will be defeated, but he is trying to take everybody he can with him in order to get back at God

#34 Sabre2552

Sabre2552

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 08:51 PM

Like Tobias Daboi, I am not religious either. I think religions are dumb, and are made up so that people have an excuse for everything that's happened.

#35 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:16 PM

Thats a very rough paraphrasing of what I said... I don't think religions are "dumb", I just do not agree with them. I also believe in freedom of choice... You are free to choose wich ever path you want.

When you are born, you are totaly neutral... Those around you make, and shape your thoughts and personality... I also believe that Good and evil are purely subective, and based on what you think...

However, yes, its not as much a "excuse" as it is comforting... Okay, we don't want to admit that our fellow human have killed, so we make up a comforting excuse... God... Satan... Whatever... We just what something to believe in, and something to blame...

Aslo, its okay Vincent...

Edited by Tobias Daboi, 25 July 2005 - 09:17 PM.

#36 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:23 PM

To answer people's questions, this topic was started by a spammer who likes to periodically register new accounts (like this one) and post random crap at the forums.

Anyways, considering posts like "Why was this topic made?", it doesn't look like we're going to be getting anywhere, so I'm going to slap on the lock.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users