Can the Devil be forgiven By God?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Karate Inferno (Guest)

Guest_Karate Inferno (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:10 PM

Thank you very much everyone.

The Devil is Lucifer who I mainly (but not always) call a Female.

Lucifer is Satan the worst known bad guy.

#2 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:14 PM

Uh OHHHSSS!!! Mesa thinks theres gonna be some flaming :<.

Anyways, yes, Satan is defined as the ultimate evil supposably causes all darkness and whoa on Earth.

And that is about I will touch on this topic with a ten foot pole ;D.

#3 lord_jamitossi

lord_jamitossi

Wizard

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:17 PM

I feel I will have to answer your question with another question:

Would God forgive the Devil?

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE(Karate Inferno @ Jul 25 2005, 05:10 PM)
Thank you very much everyone.

The Devil is Lucifer who I mainly (but not always) call a Female.

Lucifer is Satan the worst known bad guy.

Assuming your a Christian...

I'm not religious at all, so I say no, becuase IMO, these characters don't even exist...

#5 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE(lord_jamitossi @ Jul 25 2005, 01:17 PM)

OMG NO LOG1C4L BRAKEDOWN!!1!!!!!11

1F G0D M4D3 EVERY TinG TIN WOULDn't the Devil been made by GOD AND BEEN IN THEMASTERPANANDTHEREFORENOTBEEVIL?@?@?@?@?!?!?!?! *EXPLODES*

Translation: Oh My Gosh, no! Logical Breakdown!

If God made everything then wouldn't the Devil been made by God and been in the Master Plan and therefore no be evil?!?!?! *Explodes*

I used it in numbers and misspelled words to exxagerate the fact that it is all very confusing and such a paradox might leave your CPU fried... so to speak icon_heh.gif.

Edited by blaster_master, 25 July 2005 - 04:37 PM.

#6 lord_jamitossi

lord_jamitossi

Wizard

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE(blaster_master @ Jul 25 2005, 04:21 PM)
QUOTE(lord_jamitossi @ Jul 25 2005, 01:17 PM)

OMG NO LOG1C4L BRAKEDOWN!!1!!!!!11

1F G0D M4D3 EVERY TinG TIN WOULDn't the Devil been made by GOD AND BEEN IN THEMASTERPANANDTHEREFORENOTBEEVIL?@?@?@?@?!?!?!?! *EXPLODES*

O_o

More seriously, assuming both exist (I won't get into my belief system, but both are there), it would either take the Devil being reliquished or God desperately needing the Devil's help. In the latter case, the Devil would be taking advantage of God or something.

On the other hand, it wouldn't happen. God is perfect, and a perfect being can't create an imperfect thing. The Devil exists because God wants it to.

#7 Mariogirl

Mariogirl

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:32 PM

If god is 100% love and the devil is 100% evil, that means god would keep forgiving Satan but Satan keeps being evil! icon_twisted.gif

#8 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:35 PM

This is all so confusing and omg no icon_worried.gif.

So, the conclusion can be made, (and I am pretty sure this is for EVERYONE), that the ultimate good (God, whatever) is perfect, and the "ultimate evil" (Satan, sure, why not?) was created by the perfect being for some reason.

#9 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:36 PM

Um ... Is there really any proof that either exist? Until we get hardcore proof, can we really say what's what? icon_shrug.gif

Of Course, you should all know that Fira clones don't have posting priviledges by now. If you see a potential Fira clone, please PM an administrator. Thanks.

#10 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:37 PM

Wasn't "Lucifer" an angel that went all phyco on some people and got banished..?

Sorry if I'm a religion n00b, but I choose not to care...

#11 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE(BH4 @ Jul 25 2005, 01:36 PM)
Um ... Is there really any proof that either exist?  Until we get hardcore proof, can we really say what's what? icon_shrug.gif

I think we can all agree that there is good and there is evil D:. And, from that, God is the goodness, and the Devil is the evilness icon_smile.gif.

EDIT: Tobias Daboi, it's quite alright. Infact, I have no idea either, and I'm a Catholic and I saw Constantine icon_biggrin.gif. Oh, well, I guess the world will never know ^-^. Just like they'll never know how many licks it does take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop... ah... the World's great and unanswered questions :/.

The truth is, is that the number of licks is dependent on the licker, meaning if they lick faster/longer/shorter/etc. The question was an advertising hoax to get people to lick their Pops (icon_heh.gif) and buy more candy.

Edited by blaster_master, 25 July 2005 - 04:42 PM.

#12 Mariogirl

Mariogirl

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:44 PM

Um ... Is there really any proof that either exist? Until we get hardcore proof, can we really say what's what?

I say if we can have talks about alchemy and things we're FOR SURE don't exist, we might as well have talks about things we aren't sure about!! ...Debates are fun!! icon_superevil.gif

#13 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:45 PM

This is a little out there, but...

I choose not to believe in any religion beuase they are all so contradicitve... Aaron (blaster_master) gave a good example proving how either can't exist... Yes there is good and evil in this world, but it is all caused by humans... A religious person would say "Satan caused the London bombings"... No... you want to think he did, but no... people did... These people are seen as evil... But the bombers think they are doing something great for God. So they think its okay to kill for God, even though its a sin --- WHAT? There you go... It is very subjective... Choose to believe what you want...

Also religion is so unproven, and "ify"... But science has hard concrete facts backing it... Religion is a bunch of crap from a book that these Gods didn't even write supposedly!

Yes good and evil exist, but there is no super force controlling either one... People cause, and create all of the good and evil... You decide what is good and evil though...

But that is just me...

Edited by Tobias Daboi, 25 July 2005 - 04:54 PM.

#14 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:49 PM

I'll say this from a christian point of view:

I think since God forgives everyone he will, the devil just has to ask for his forgiveness icon_wink.gif.

#15 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE(Mariogirl @ Jul 25 2005, 01:44 PM)
I say if we can have talks about alchemy and things we're FOR SURE don't exist, we might as well have talks about things we aren't sure about!!  ...Debates are fun!!  icon_superevil.gif

I know I exist icon_smile.gif. I think therefore am, and I am composed 99% of SPAM (the bad kind Well, they're both bad, but the internet kinda SPAM)

Also, some people have chosen their religion because it fits them well. I know I was a Catholic at birth, but I barely knew a thing about it cept Jesus was God's son and he was good... but until recently I have dug deep within Catholic beliefs, and most of them I already knew in my heart since I was a baby boy. It's not just the learning about God and things that makes me love our religion, it's the teaching of working together of humans, which is pretty much the Communion of Saints.

*Shnuggles his religion*

Edited by blaster_master, 25 July 2005 - 04:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users