Photo

Map of the Month 32

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Map of the Month 32 (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite map!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:26 PM

Hello folks! It's my pleasure to present the next thrilling edition of Map of the Month. We've got two gorgeous maps for you today.
Wine and refreshments are at the back, next to the dance floor. Oh yeah, and don't miss the chocolate fondue fountain. It's delicious. icon_naughty.gif

Yoshimi
Lanayru Bay.

Rambly
From a quest that is now old and abandoned to a contest that I hope will not become old and abandoned.

The contest will last no fewer than 30 days. Hubydweyer and I will switch off hosting the event each month from here on out, and whoever's not hosting the contest will be responsible for archiving the last one and updating the leaderboard. Hopefully we can keep things running smoothly and on a consistent schedule. Thank you to both who entered this time.

Enjoy! icon_smile.gif

#2 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

I'm going to get creamed. icon_sorry.gif

#3 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:56 AM

I like Rambly's. I really do. It's got that oldschool Pure charm that I love so much. But to vote for it over Yoshimi's would be lying to myself. Yoshimi's is just... amazing. I feel that, in any other month, Rambly would have gotten my vote, but Yoshimi's is taking my vote today.

#4 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

They're both really really good, Yoshimi's takes the cake because even though we've seen this style of shot dozens of times, well, it still looks good. Great. Unique. I really like it. So it got my vote. But Rambly's is also incredible. icon_smile.gif

#5 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

Sadly, Rambly was just outmatched by Yoshimi's wonderful map. Rambly's map is pretty great especially for Pure, but put some amazing custom graphics, and you just win. No contest.

Props to both Yoshimi and Ramply, but I voted for Yoshimi this time around icon_smile.gif

#6 Giggidy

Giggidy

We live for chaos so that we may die for ourselves.

• Banned

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

I'm actually not sure what to think about Yoshimi's map: It looks great, yeah, but from a technical perspective it just fails on every level unless it was intended for another engine. It doesn't divide up into screens properly without having halfway cut off graphics and points where you can get stuck. It's impossible to render into ZC without scrapping the whole thing and rebuilding from the ground up, which may or may not make it against the rules of the contest.

Rambly's map, while technically possible, is not only much less visually impressive but also poorly designed as a map; It's reducible to a simple tree with several dead ends, holding no rewards for the player. It also has no clues as to which paths are correct and which paths lead to nothing, making naive navigation a simple matter of trial and error.

#7 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE(Giggidy @ Oct 1 2012, 02:19 PM) View Post

I'm actually not sure what to think about Yoshimi's map: It looks great, yeah, but from a technical perspective it just fails on every level unless it was intended for another engine. It doesn't divide up into screens properly without having halfway cut off graphics and points where you can get stuck. It's impossible to render into ZC without scrapping the whole thing and rebuilding from the ground up, which may or may not make it against the rules of the contest.

Actually, Mirror of the Moon has a Zelda 3 scrolling script, so the map'll work just fine. icon_razz.gif

#8 Giggidy

Giggidy

We live for chaos so that we may die for ourselves.

• Banned

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ Oct 1 2012, 03:23 PM) View Post
Actually, Mirror of the Moon has a Zelda 3 scrolling script, so the map'll work just fine. icon_razz.gif

I don't even want to know what kinds of bugs that causes.

#9 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

I voted for Rambly.. I'm just partial to forests I guess.

#10 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

Both maps look great, but I'm voting for Yoshimi's map, because of his colour style.

#11 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

Well, I got Teilyr's vote. That technically counts as like 50 votes, so I win! Thanks to all of the people who voted for me!

#12 Professor Bedwetter

Professor Bedwetter

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

The winner is Yoshimi!
Voting is now closed. Remember to vote in MOTM 33!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users