Zelda 2 Great Palace is hard!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

Happy Traveling Charizard

• Members

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:42 PM

Luckily when I lose all my lifes I start at the entrance of the Great Palace. The jumping sword shooting bird statues are annoying! I take more damage from those then I do from the Firebird. I like how some of the statues hide a red magic potion. If you get a bird statue escape the room and come back and hit it again until you get a red magic potion. I've died over 20 times trying to beat the other 6 and getting the Hammer from Death Mountain. I've died another couple of time trying to make it through the Great Palace. So many rooms. It's an amazing maze.

EDIT: I'm listening to the Great Palace theme on my computer too.

Edited by Blackdrake1, 28 May 2007 - 05:43 PM.

#2 jimbob

jimbob

Accepting that no-one will get my avatar.

• Members

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:47 PM

I think the moest annoying thing are the invisible holes (erm.. I mean, that the holes don't appear, that is they appear like solid floor). That type of game programming is probably illegal now.

#3 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

• Members

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:33 PM

Yeah I hated trying to cross that hole in the Three Eye Rock Palace just trying to get the cross. I just remembered there is one room in the Great Palace that has a hidden hole that you really do have to go down. There's a whole bunch of blocks covering the hole and you have to reach it by entering that room from the other side. It's a real headache. So confusing! icon_confused2.gif

#4 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:54 PM

Thats why basement dwelling nerds decided to take it upon themselves to map it out!

#5 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

• Members

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:01 PM

I reached Thunderbird and beat him. Then I got my butt handed to me by Link's Shadow.

#6 Majora

Majora

• Members

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:03 PM

ZC might have a Shadow Link after 2.5 icon_wink.gif

#7 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

• Members

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:11 PM

Oh! What about Multiplayer Quests sometime!

#8 Majora

Majora

• Members

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:25 PM

Not in this lifetime.

#9 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:26 PM

I believe I'm the only one here that finds the Great Palace a piece of cake. Yeah, it's confusing, but since I've known the game since before I can even remember (same with how I began playing video games), that would explain the simplicity. The trick is to have the jump and the fairy ability on standby ANY chance there is. It will help you dodge many things. Also, the giant blobs can take you by surprise, but if your hands are quicker than your eyes, upper thrust the bastards and finish the rest of them off. And some places are definantly circles. The best thing to do is to take the elevator down ANY chance you get to an elevator. If you see an elevator at the bottom of a floor, do not take it up unless you are backtracking to a location to try a previous path. Keep going downward until/unless you're in a loop or until you've reached a dead end.

If my memory serves me correctly, when you begin the palace, head left first, down the elevator and follow the path until you get to another left-right path from an elevator. Take the right path until you reach another left-right path from an elevator, and take the right path again. Follow the path, and I believe the next left-right path you reach, if you go left, you get a 1 up, and if you go right, you get a fairy. Then you go down, and when you reach a left-right path, head left, break the blocks to find the hidden path, and it'll be a straight forward path from there. On the collapsing bridge, drop in the area where there is no lava that will kill you. That will lead you to the final battles with Thunderbird and Shadow Link.

Also, before the room with Thunderbird, destroy some of the blocks in the previous room and you can get a red potion (or a bird knight, in which case, run). If you're Magic level is Lv. 8, the battle with Thunderbird shouldn't be too tough if you use Shield, Reflect, and Thunder. That'll leave you enough energy to use Life at least once.

Hope this info has been useful. And remember, some of this is from memory, so some of it might not be right, but it's still worth a shot to try.

#10 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 01:50 PM

Getting to the Boss in GP is the hardest, Battling Thunderbird is moderate and SL is probably the easiest final boss in Zelda History (if you know the trick)

#11 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:46 PM

Yeah I beat him a few days ago. Ever since I started over again with all spells and everything at Level 8. I figured out that you can go to a palace beat the boss place the crystal and then Press Start and do the quick save as the exp. points starts going from like less than 1000 exp. points to 9000 exp. points. If you did the Parapa Palace first that one will usually give you the least exp. points if you go there straight from North Castle where Zelda is sleeping. Way before it gets over 1000 exp. points do the quick save trick and then make a new file. Then when you start the new game it makes your quest easier by being able to level up your stats right from the start. Cool, huh? I tried it myself on the Zelda Collector's Edition Disc.

#12 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:45 PM

Ah yes, the Great Palace.

When I played it for the NES, I've managed to reach Thunderbird, however I didn't have the Thunder Spell to damage him. When The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition for GCN came out, I managed to get the Thunder Spell and vanquished Thunderbird. The Battle with Shadow Link was tough, but I was able to beat him and the game.

#13 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:03 PM

The Leveling Up Trick I talked about is much more useful after you beat the game on your first file once. Then you can just go into the first palace on your completed file and beat and do the Quick Save Trick as your experience counter goes up. Then you make a new file and you play it then the counter will still be going up on your new file and you can Level Up your stats at the start of the game. Makes the game easier for you too.

#14 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:20 AM

The trick to beat Shadow Link is to move to the left side of the screen, duck down and just keep stabbing repeatedly. He will always get hit even if he does defend icon_razz.gif.

#15 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

• Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:35 AM

Yeah that's how I beat him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users