Official "What video games are you playing right now?" topic

• Please log in to reply
4811 replies to this topic

#4306 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:31 PM

Riku is almost as broken as Sora is. There's an attack you can use in Dark Mode that teleports behind enemies before hitting them. Nearly no enemy in the game is programmed with a proper counter to that, and even the final boss can be cheesed with spamming it.

So, I might be getting a PS4 during the summer. If I'm not interested in VR, is it worth the extra cost for the Pro version, or is the standard model good enough for stuff like the Kingdom Hearts remasters, KHIII, Final Fantasy XV, etc.? I don't want to spend the extra money if it isn't necessary, and I'd really like something more up to date than my PS2.

#4307 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:42 AM

i don't knew it , since i can save,  i play all games in Mario All Star whitout  skip even a level.

As for KH chain of memories...today i clear it whit Sora  and now i can play whit Riku, seem stronger that Sora but i don't like that i cannot modify the deck.

I thought the same too, at first... but Riku's deck automatically changes as you advance through the game and he always seems to have what you need to beat the enemies. BTW, which version are you playing?

So, I might be getting a PS4 during the summer. If I'm not interested in VR, is it worth the extra cost for the Pro version, or is the standard model good enough for stuff like the Kingdom Hearts remasters, KHIII, Final Fantasy XV, etc.? I don't want to spend the extra money if it isn't necessary, and I'd really like something more up to date than my PS2.

I'm not sure if your question is "will it run the game?" or "will it have enough memory?" or what.

As far as the remasters of Kingdom Hearts go, I've heard that there are quite a few bugs which have yet to be ironed out.

That being said, there's definitely a lot of cool stuff available for PS4 which the normal version (which I have) can run just fine.

For example, it shouldn't have any problem with FFXV.

Another excellent game to consider would be Horizon: Zero Dawn.

As far as what games I'm playing, I just completed the main story in The Unfinished Swan and am going back through to get collectibles. I also downloaded the free demo of FFXIV for the PS4 since there's a new expansion coming out soon and I wanted to see how good the stuff already available was.

Also, I haven't finished BOTW yet... because Lynels.

#4308 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:58 PM

is the version in KH 1,5 final mix for  PS3.

I aleady clear 5 floors whit Riku, and yes, he really powerfull.

#4309 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:36 AM

I believe the PS3 and PS4 ports include the Final Mix versions of the games.

#4310 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:32 AM

Just finished going through Donkey Kong on Game Boy for the first time. DK Junior was quite amusing I thought, and there were even speedy hedgehogs going after you in one level. I only got stuck a couple times when I didn't realize Mario had an extra gameplay mechanic available to him. Most of the puzzles are solid (you can even reconstruct certain levels to some extent!), although some levels do rely on ticking time limits a bit too much.

I feel this game really suffered from its title, it should have been called Donkey Kong Plus, or Donkey Kong Extreme, or something, why not Donkey Kong 4? It's really easy to assume this game is another port of the original arcade game, just like the one we got on NES, especially since the first few levels are exactly that, then it gets a facelift and expands to about 100 different puzzle stages. There's even a couple cool level themes and an epic finale. Don't let the early GB type graphics fool you, this game may look like Super Mario Land, but Mario can do flips, pick up and throw objects, and swing on telephone wires (before he did it in Sunshine). I won't say it's an amazing must-play title, but it is solid, expansive, charming and fun. Considering how much they expanded upon Nintendo's first video game hit, this game really feels like an important part of Nintendo history, and I overlooked it for a long time.

Edited by Cukeman, 16 June 2017 - 04:04 AM.

• Dark Ice Dragon likes this

#4311 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:52 AM

Earlier this week I beat Final Fantasy XIII. I personally found it much better than the haters made it out to be, though at the same time, due to its linear and minimalistic nature, I can't say it's one of my favorites.
I may take a break from my FF crusade until FFXII The Zodiac Age comes out. Until then, I'm playing some other titles. In particular, I'm just getting into Parasite Eve.

#4312 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:09 PM

Playing more Golden Sun. It seemed to be fresher after learning to summon large creatures and a couple more challenging fights, but now it's back to more of the same, mostly just grinding, and towns full of lame dialogue. I don't even wonder what's going to happen in the story. At all. It's just get this quest/objective completed for this generic character or town with some name you'll quickly forget and recurring characters and subplots you forgot about entirely. I have the sequel but at this point I might not even bother with it. I just crossed the desert and the town which follows.

Also playing more Super Mario 3D Land. Still feels dull and uninspired for the most part. Even the music seems slow and sluggish like the characters, couldn't we at least have a bit of a faster tempo in the soundtrack? Apart from the visuals it feels like this game was outsourced. It's no Sunshine or Galaxy. Still decent for a few minutes here and there when you're waiting for something and need to kill time. Yeah, this game feels more like a mini mobile phone game. Maybe it was meant to prepare us for Super Mario Run (which I haven't tried, but hasn't caught my interest).

EDIT: I actually LIKE when the game suggests I take a break. After seeing that 2 or 3 times I think yeah, I have other things to do. The only time it gets annoying is if I've planned for a longer session and can't turn that feature off.

Edited by Cukeman, 16 June 2017 - 06:24 PM.

#4313 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:24 PM

If you don't like Golden Sun that much, you will probably like the sequel GBA game even less but give it a shot regardless as the game pacing is considerably different.

#4314 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:33 PM

Decided to give Xenogears another try after quitting like 5 hours in a couple of years and i'm enjoying it so far. It uses the ATB system from Final Fantasy which is actually one of my favorite battle system ever and i really like the fighting combo mechanic. You basically input buttons in a certain order and the character will perform a special attack.

My main issue with the game so far is that it has too much dialogue. I know dialogue is meant to develop characters and move the story forward, but sometimes too much dialogue can be annoying.

#4315 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:22 PM

RIP Golden Sun.  Honestly though, the music is where that game shines.  While the world is bare, the I enjoy the combat system and mechanics a lot.  Though, I'm doing my own take on a similar genre.  Who knows, it might turn out good.

Spoiler

• Anthus likes this

#4316 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:42 AM

Sorry it took so long to reply, I don't have access to my computer right now and I hate typing on my phone.

Anyways, what I was asking before was that I read that a lot of games run smoother on a PS4 Pro. Better frame rates, less lag, etc. Does it really make that much of a difference, or is it not that noticeable on stuff like Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, and the like?

I know that there are games where they only work on a New 3DS, and games like Hyrule Warriors that only technically works on an original model. I just would like to know if the difference is that extreme, or more of a "only if you're looking for it" sort of thing.

#4317 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:12 AM

For the PS4 Pro it depends on how well the developer optimizes the game for the system. Some games perform (or used to perform) WORSE on the Pro thanks to poor 4k resolution optimizations and you only had a choice between 4k gameplay and 1080p with super sample anti-aliasing.

Microsoft has been mandating that 4k capable games for the Xbox One S and Xbox One X must perform as well as they do on the original Xbox One or perform better than the Xbox One. Sony doesn't have this requirement in place for PS4 Pro.

You can force the use of the more powerful capabilities of the PS4 Pro for games that do not officially support the PS4 Pro to improve performance, this has the caveat that you may run in to gameplay issues.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 17 June 2017 - 02:16 AM.

#4318 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:48 AM

Well, tonight I just started playing ARMS, and it is quite wonderful! Really happy that I had gotten the game. On Steam, I've been playing Nekopara, as you can see in the Steam banner in my signature. Also been playing Disgaea 5 on my Switch, and I'm glad I gave the series a shot, as I am having quite a bit of fun with it. Other than that, not much else on my currently playing list.

#4319 Castelia

Castelia

Fred Durst stan

• Members

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:01 AM

I'm replaying some of the Sonic classics in anticipation for Mania, as well as the Mario & Luigi series games in anticipation for the Superstar Saga remake (Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions).

Edited by Ecruteak, 17 June 2017 - 07:01 AM.

• Neppy and Cukeman like this

#4320 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:27 AM

I'm replaying some of the Sonic classics in anticipation for Mania, as well as the Mario & Luigi series games in anticipation for the Superstar Saga remake (Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions).

Yes! I love Superstar Saga! The trailer made me want to replay the original. Not saying the new game looks bad, but it's strange to me to remake a game where the original doesn't look dated. It has it's own fantastic art style. Anyway Sonic Mania looks fantastic too!

EDIT: Also want to play Metroid Fusion again soon

Edited by Cukeman, 17 June 2017 - 11:28 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users