Official "What video games are you playing right now?" topic

• Please log in to reply
4811 replies to this topic

#4291 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:52 PM

Yeah the overall experience looks quite good with some very good sprite work.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 11 June 2017 - 12:53 PM.

• Anthus likes this

#4292 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 11 June 2017 - 01:21 PM

I beat Fire Emblem Echoes a few days ago.

It's basically a masterpiece.

Obvious exaggeration aside, its a fantastic game, and if you enjoy fire emblem, you need to play it TBH, it's such a good game. I may make a thread on why I love the game eventually.
  • Anthus likes this

#4293 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 11 June 2017 - 01:31 PM

I'm officially addicted to the Momodora series. I've never "binge played" a series before, but these games lend themselves quite well to it. I just beat the 3rd one twice. Once in 1:47 with 85% collection, and again in 1:17 with 100% collection (So yeah, these are pretty bite sized games, but I'm really good at these types of games, so if platformers aren't your thing, you might rage). Gonna go play the first 2, which are free on the guy's website. I enjoyed the 3rd one, but the combat is definitely more thought about, and the mechanics work better in 4, but 3 is still a fun game with lot of tricky platforming, and a lot of variety in the items you can equip for varying strategies. The way items work in 3 is, you get three slots to equip items. Some are passive, and some are skills, but each time you play the game, and start a New Game +, you get one more item slot. I'm probably going to try it on hard next time.

Also, worth noting if anyone is interested in trying these, the 3rd one does not have a map, and the stages are fairly linear. You can optionally backtrack via save spots, and this is required for 100%, but otherwise, you can run through the game and never look back. 4 has a Metroid/ Castlevania style map, and is more open, and lets you pick differing paths. I like either style, and don't really favor one over the other. Both are great games.

And the sprite work in 4 is amazing. It's serious so well done. I wonder if they truly drew each frame, or if there is some sort of like. scaled down animation they use to make it look pixely.

#4294 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:33 PM

I'm doing my first long play to KH chain of memories, i just beat the boss of the 11° floor, is a blind play so i don't know much on it ( except the flashbacks that i see in KH2 ) i must admit that i get killed by the boss many times, but i win changing a bit the deck.

In the past weeks i beat Dragon Crown whit the elf at difficulty "infernal", i must still complete the game whit 4 characters but i will do only normal difficulty, i  had to grind to level 99 for beat the last boss, i don't want level so much again

Edited by Dark Ice Dragon, 11 June 2017 - 03:34 PM.

#4295 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:45 AM

Chain of Memories is so damn easy to break once you get the hang of how Sleights work. Eventually, you stop using the normal attacks at all, and just stun-lock the boss with constant Sleights. Hell, one of the earliest attacks will carry you through the whole game once you build a deck around it.

Anyways, I just finished Persona 3 for the first time. Really awesome game, but I got carried away with level grinding for fusions. By the time I got to the final day and the last ascent up Tartarus, all of the Shadows were afraid of me, and the second Strega member didn't even get to attack before I took him out. The final boss didn't put up much of a fight either until the final phase of the battle. Even then, I wanted to try out the other toy I had gotten, and used the Armageddon spell. In my defense, I had never used any of those types of attacks before, and even though it said it was the ultimate attack, I didn't think it would hit the damage cap and one-shot the final boss's last phase.

It was a little bit disappointing, really. I just wanted to see what Messiah and Lucifer looked like in-game, and Portable doesn't let you see the character until you're ready to fuse it. I finished the game at LV 91, and for comparison's sake, the final boss is something like LV 78 when you scan it.

So, I decided to start Persona 4 next. I didn't get very far. I have my math final tomorrow, so I only played long enough to tinker with PCSX2 and get the settings ironed out. I turned the game off during the scene where you get shown where the school is. I read that this game's supposed to be a murder mystery, so I went out of my way to not spoil the plot as much as I could, other than a few things I found when I was looking up what kind of games the Persona series were compared to the other SMT games.

Let's see, after this one is Persona Q for the 3DS. I actually have one of those, so I won't need to emulate it. By the time I finish that one, I'll either go get a PS3 and the fifth game, or see if the emulator for that system is working well enough yet.

#4296 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:54 AM

Just finished the Yoshi Challenge in 5-3 (Super Mario Advance). I have one thing to say: ARRRGGGHHHH!!!

That was ridiculously hard! The level is insanely long and pouring with enemies.

Ordinarily it's not a problem because there are checkpoints and the secrets aren't too hard to find, but if you die you lose all your Yoshi Eggs, meaning you have to do the whole thing in one go.  :whap:

#4297 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 12 June 2017 - 08:54 AM

But its pouring with enemies, just swallow some and press down!

#4298 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:18 AM

lol, Yoshi isn't usable, you just find and collect two yoshi eggs which don't hatch

#4299 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:34 AM

Oh, is this based on Super Mario World 1?

#4300 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:58 PM

Oh, is this based on Super Mario World 1?

no, is based on Mario 2, so you may be Mario,Luigi,Toad and Peach.

I quit at 11 eggs on 40..too hard, i lost the will.  

• Cukeman likes this

#4301 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:55 PM

In my free time, been playing Star Ocean integrity and faithlessness (this game is fucking trash doing it for trophys) But anyways doing the post game dungeon, currently level 85 plowing through this shit asap to work on world of final fantasy on ps4.

#4302 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:00 AM

no, is based on Mario 2, so you may be Mario,Luigi,Toad and Peach.

I quit at 11 eggs on 40..too hard, i lost the will.  

Just got all 40 Yoshi eggs. Phew! Never again. That's almost as hard as the original SMB2 ("Lost Levels") game. I did beat Lost Levels on the Wii VC, and even played level 9-1, but died on that level, so I never got to try 9-2, 9-3, or 9-4.

Edited by Cukeman, 13 June 2017 - 08:13 AM.

• Dark Ice Dragon likes this

#4303 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:21 PM

Just got all 40 Yoshi eggs. Phew! Never again. That's almost as hard as the original SMB2 ("Lost Levels") game. I did beat Lost Levels on the Wii VC, and even played level 9-1, but died on that level, so I never got to try 9-2, 9-3, or 9-4.

great job !

i beat the lost levels in a collection for SNES ( Mario all stars ), that let you save so was surely more easy than the original, if i remember well after 9 there even the A,B,C,D worlds but they are a mix of easy and hard levels ​

Edited by Dark Ice Dragon, 13 June 2017 - 04:21 PM.

• Cukeman likes this

#4304 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:39 AM

World A, B, C and D is only available if you DON'T use Warp Pipes.

#4305 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:24 PM

World A, B, C and D is only available if you DON'T use Warp Pipes.

i don't knew it , since i can save,  i play all games in Mario All Star whitout  skip even a level.

As for KH chain of memories...today i clear it whit Sora  and now i can play whit Riku, seem stronger that Sora but i don't like that i cannot modify the deck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users