what do you want from me?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#46 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:20 PM

Woah, Fox, that's a truly interesting idea that I would like to see done. I don't think DFW will want to, though, because she's more an overworld-person.

Although I agree with Fire Wizzrobe that you should definitely switch your style, we've seen your million-trees-border and crossing-paths a gazillion times, try some other sort of style.

#47 Fox

Fox

Will the Hero rise again?

• Members

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE(LostInHyru1e @ Apr 5 2008, 06:20 PM) View Post

Woah, Fox, that's a truly interesting idea that I would like to see done. I don't think DFW will want to, though, because she's more an overworld-person.

Although I agree with Fire Wizzrobe that you should definitely switch your style, we've seen your million-trees-border and crossing-paths a gazillion times, try some other sort of style.

Thanks. I know it's not really her style, but neither was Lost Isle (though I know Peteo had a large role in that quest). Since she's willing to expand, I thought I'd at least pitch the idea. The fact that she just completed quite a different style of quest might be reason enough why she'd want to do something more akin to her usual work, but if she's asking for ideas, that might not be necessarily true. Either way, no harm in asking.

Also, I know the idea is a bit... niche, but I don't see that as a bad thing. Niche quests usually aren't completed (especially not well), but with your track record of completing quests, I'm sure anything you do would get done.

#48 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:12 PM

I think you should make something like the Temple Of the Ocean King in PH. That would be cool. (I'm not saying to make gaurds, I'm saying to make a huge dungeon that you come back to and the final boss is at the end...

#49 trucky5

trucky5

"WHAT KIND ARE THEY?" THEY'RE GUATIBALIAN!

• Members

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:18 AM

I think you should make something like the Temple Of the Ocean King in PH. That would be cool. (I'm not saying to make gaurds, I'm saying to make a huge dungeon that you come back to and the final boss is at the end...

That's a good idea, except it's already been done by Nintendo. Fox's idea hasn't been done yet, and I truly like his. It's a great idea, and it could really be done well, especially with DFW behind it all.

#50 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:07 AM

that and his idea actually kind jives with the story I'm settling on actually. I'm thinking a plague really.....

#51 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Apr 4 2008, 06:05 PM) View Post

As for Peteo:
If you're willing to help out on custom bosses, I'll let you have all of them and have free reign too! But that's ALL I'm allowing you to handle for the quest. icon_razz.gif That way we know specifically what jobs each of us has: you have custom bosses, I have everything else unless otherwise specified or asked for. icon_razz.gif But yes, it would be a pleasure again to work with you Peteo, but I'm going to make your part in the quest more specific and defined this time to prevent arguements. Agreed? icon_smile.gif

What? Noo! I want full control of the quest this time, silly woman, or it is a no deal! icon_razz.gif
Okay, just kidding, I'm glad you're working on a quest again and I'm very happy to find out that you have chosen the classic style. Just ignore all the dumbasses here who say they won't play a classic quest because they're ugly, I know many NES games that are pretty and interesting so whatever. icon_wink.gif
And to help you with custom bosses, well, I can't promise anything but I definitely would like to help at some point. But first I have to somehow get my ZC motivation back and I'ma fraid it won't happen without a ZC 2.5. Oh well, but I'll keep an eye out for your project and wish you well, it'll be a great quest.

#52 trucky5

trucky5

• Members

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:53 AM

ust ignore all the dumbasses here who say they won't play a classic quest because they're ugly, I know many NES games that are pretty and interesting so whatever. icon_wink.gif

Yeah guys why would you hate a good quest with NES graphics! I love NES graphics they're cool! NES isn't ugly, ok? Just because it doesn't have as many vibrant colors to it and it has bigger pixels doesn't mean it's not awesome!

#53 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 06 April 2008 - 02:44 PM

trucky5: Bigger pixels!? O_o what!? I'm pretty sure pixels are always the same size... NES graphics just had bigger color limitations.

#54 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 06 April 2008 - 02:45 PM

I think I'm going to do the GBA set, its not exactly classic, but it isn't really 'pure' or 'dor' icon_razz.gif Its the closest thing to classic that I can get and still have the freedom of tiles that I need to create my vision. icon_smile.gif

#55 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 06 April 2008 - 02:54 PM

Sounds awesome Wolfie. I wish you luck. icon_wink.gif

#56 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 06 April 2008 - 03:27 PM

Sounds awesome, Wolfie! icon_wink.gif Good luck with this. =)

#57 trucky5

trucky5

• Members

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:12 PM

trucky5: Bigger pixels!? O_o what!? I'm pretty sure pixels are always the same size... NES graphics just had bigger color limitations.

Oh wow Evile you're right! But you do get my point.

Anyways sounds great DFW! I can't wait to see your next piece of work. icon_wink.gif

#58 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Apr 6 2008, 02:45 PM) View Post

I think I'm going to do the GBA set, its not exactly classic, but it isn't really 'pure' or 'dor' icon_razz.gif Its the closest thing to classic that I can get and still have the freedom of tiles that I need to create my vision. icon_smile.gif

I love the GBA set! Good choice!

#59 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:33 AM

A remix of Exates Link To The Darkness quests would be brilliant, but alas, I don't know how feasible this suggestion is.

#60 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:22 PM

I was thinking a bit more and maybe make something with the following:

- No overworld
- 40 Dungeons
- All dungeons interlinked and require traversal between them to complete a particular level (basically all dungeons combined = over world icon_razz.gif)
- Many MANY different dungeon themes
- 40+ custom bosses mid-bosses (should keep petoe busy icon_razz.gif)
- Equivalent amount of dungeon items in comparison to the # of default ZC items.
- Plenty of awesomeness icon_smile.gif

- another nice suggestion would be to make the player start with everything and LOSE items as he/she progresses through the game (including heart containers maybe?)

Edited by franpa, 13 May 2008 - 09:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users