Photo

NJF vs. The Fall 2015 Expo! (*-*COMPLETED*-*)

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#16 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:19 AM

Just a small request, but could you possibly move my quest up in the position? By the look of the order, It looks like you'll be streaming mine from 11PM onwards, which is when I would have to leave the stream. I really want to attend a live playthrough of my quest, so if you could either move it up or down by one, it would really make me happy.

Also, make sure you have the latest version. The old version is barely playable.

Edited by Dimentio, 09 November 2015 - 09:21 AM.

#17 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:25 AM

I'll probably only play two quests tonight than. Your quest will be the first one I play tomorrow maybe.

#18 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:47 AM

Be sure to play my quest to the fullest! :P 
Also, the expo states for you to play the entry on 2.50

(Will you be uploading the streams on youtube?)

Good luck!

Edited by Joelmacool12, 09 November 2015 - 11:48 AM.

#19 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:48 AM

I was able to get through the whole thing in 2.50.2 without any trouble, so I don't think that NewJourneysFire is likely to have any problems either.

Oh, fantastic. Great to know that it's fine on 2.50.2 :P

• ywkls likes this

#20 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:13 PM

Be sure to play my quest to the fullest! :P 
Also, the expo states for you to play the entry on 2.50
(Will you be uploading the streams on youtube?)
Good luck!

Yes, they'll all be uploaded on YouTube.
  • Joelmacool likes this

#21 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:22 PM

Sorry for not announcing the stream sooner, I'll be starting in less than 10 minutes, right on time. 

• KingPridenia likes this

#22 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:14 PM

NJF Plays TLoZ: Balance of Power (by kurt91)

default.jpg?v=564225da

(Duration 1:17:24)

Description:

"Can you imagine like living in a Zelda world like you're so deprived of rupees, imagine it's just not that much rupees, that rupees are not abundant, imagine if Link is just like one of the luckiest people in the world, imagine you'd walk up to somebody and they are like "THAT'S MY RED RUPEE!!! DON'T YOU TOUCH THAT RED RUPEE!! IT'S MINE!! IT'S 20 FRIGGIN' RUPEES!!!"" -  NJF @ 5:05

"Ya, so the weather vanes would ask you if you wanna save,  in fact the weather vanes would even panic!! You just leave a little and no matter what the weather vanes would be like "AHHH!!! AHHH!!!  AAAYAYAYAYAYA!!!" It's like freakin' out! It's like holy shit, what's the panic?! When you talk to it, it's like "ah, you've been playing awhile, you should save" hahaha!!" - NJF @ 7:50

"this subscreen looks like windows 95" - blaggles @ 11:00

"Moosh wouldn't be complaining if every sword swing was accompanied by Jubbz screams" - Lejesr @ 34:05

"Those are some evil ramblin' mushrooms" - Lejesr @ 57:40

"Batra" - Lejesr @ 1:10:50

The Legend of Zelda: Balance of Power is a Metroidvania style quest project featured in the PureZC 2015 Fall Expo shared by kurt91 developed for Zelda Classic version 2.50. The game attempts to tell as much story as possible with as little dialog as possible. Link starts off on a ship being attacked by a Giant Squid, but soon finds himself on what appears to be an abandoned island. Link explores the island which takes him to an ancient ruins and to even some sky area as if from another dimension. 

This game features an RPG like EXP point system in the form of force gems. Every script is added into this quest in pure consideration to promote it's unique style. Zelda's faithful hearts have been replaced by apples which you can take with you and eat them when you need them.  This game sound is also very fresh with every single sound effect customized and unique.

It looks like kurt91 has put his heart into this quest project, and it really shows. I'd highly recommend playing this quest project demo when you get the chance. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 10 November 2015 - 03:23 PM.

#23 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 November 2015 - 05:37 PM

I'm streaming more demos tonight, you guys know the time. :P I'll announce any delays or cancelations here if something comes up.

#24 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:35 PM

I'll be starting at 9:00 PM EST tonight.

It's normally 8:30 PM or 9:00 PM, but my post earlier was a bit vague, making people think that I would start exactly at 8:30 PM. I'll see you guys in less than half an hour. 

#25 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:54 AM

Missed the AR3 stream, but no worries, I'll just watch the video whenever it goes up and see how things went from there.

#26 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:00 PM

NJF Plays Passage Through Time (by ywkls)

default.jpg?v=56439050

(Duration 1:02:20)

Description:

"Goodness Gracious!! You just gave him a stroke!!! He don't look well!!" - NJF @ 8:30

"someone needs to make Oracle of Cringe" - Moosh64 @ 10:18

"What was that??? Nayru... Nayru.. That.. Nayru! Nayru!! I just saw.. Nayru!!! Stop goin.. I'm trying to talk to ya!! Nayru.. ah tha.. da... DAAAAHHHH!!! I saw.. Okay!!! Just stay behind me... I saw a ghost that looked just like you, that was just in front of me, look! When I walk into this screen, there it... See there? GET IN FRONT OF ME!! Oh my she won't get in front of me... I'm tryin' to... DAAAH!!! Deh deh DEH!!!! duh duh duh... de Ahh deh deh... WHY ARE YOU SO COMPLICATED?!?!"  - NJF @ 10:30

"I don't want to alarm you but I think there's a Nayru behind you" - Lejesr @ 11:25

"Ho ho ho... Hyrule's one green rupee they puts up on a pedestal! Hyrule's one green rupee they puts up on a pedestal on their front door, what's wonderful!" -  NJF @ 11:30

"It might sound like I'm poking fun of this quest, but I'm absolutely poking fun of this quest" - Moosh64 @ 12:25

"*Pretends to be offended, actually laughing like a maniac" - Moosh64 @ 14:45

"Luh!! See look! Hyrule!! ... Hyrule... There's a green rupee in the bush! You didn't need to put it up on a pedestal up there! You're not impressing no one with that one green rupee up there!!" -  NJF @ 15:40

arceusplayer11: NJF snapped. (19:56)
arceusplayer11: He gone cucco (20:05)

"well I'm tapping my foot to it, that count?" - RedmageAdam @ 21:40

"Holy shit, did I just walk in on an enemy orgy? Like they're all here saying "Oh shit! someone's here!" Fuck! haha!" - NJF @ 29:50

"failed businessman" - RedmageAdam @ 56:45

"Also he only sells to heroes... of which there's only one" - Moosh64 @ 57:15

"wrap-around overworld" - RedmageAdam @ 58:00

The lands of Holodrum and Labrynna are in peril, the three Oracles gather to discuss the current crises that faces these lands. They decide to contact the same hero that saved their lands from Veran, Onox, and Twinrova in their twisted plan to resurrect Ganon. 

This time there is another looming threat that threatens these lands and even Hyrule. Nayru decides to contact Link herself, but their conversation is cut short by Vaati. Vaati has strange powers, and uses those to immobilize and defeat Link. 

With Nayru's help, Link enters Hyrule Castle to talk to Zelda who claims that Hyrule is also in peril. Zelda claims that Hyrule does not have enough power to take out all the monsters that have been appearing. Zelda gives Link a sword and Link starts his quest to defend Hyrule. 

On the beach, Link finds Reptiles Redoubt, a dungeon filled with many snakes.  At the end of the ruins, Link meets a Zora who suggests he go South of Hyrule Castle where a piece of the triforce is located. Link heads South of Hyrule Castle. This path eventually takes him to the lonely businessman who sells to heroes and an underground cave leading to the Hollow Stump. What awaits Link inside the Hollow Stump?

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 11 November 2015 - 02:02 PM.

#27 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:26 PM

"What was that??? Nayru... Nayru.. That.. Nayru! Nayru!! I just saw.. Nayru!!! Stop goin.. I'm trying to talk to ya!! Nayru.. ah tha.. da... DAAAAHHHH!!! I saw.. Okay!!! Just stay behind me... I saw a ghost that looked just like you, that was just in front of me, look! When I walk into this screen, there it... See there? GET IN FRONT OF ME!! Oh my she won't get in front of me... I'm tryin' to... DAAAH!!! Deh deh DEH!!!! duh duh duh... de Ahh deh deh... WHY ARE YOU SO COMPLICATED?!?!"  - NJF @ 10:30

"I don't want to alarm you but I think there's a Nayru behind you" - Lejesr @ 11:25

I admit it, this was unintentionally hilarious. Good thing I only included it for that very short period of time at the beginning of the game, rather than multiple times as I once intended.

"Ho ho ho... Hyrule's one green rupee they puts up on a pedestal! Hyrule's one green rupee they puts up on a pedestal on their front door, what's wonderful!" -  NJF @ 11:30

"Luh!! See look! Hyrule!! ... Hyrule... There's a green rupee in the bush! You didn't need to put it up on a pedestal up there! You're not impressing no one with that one green rupee up there!!" -  NJF @ 15:40

This 'one green rupee' thing is an intentional joke. You expect for there to be treasures in all sorts of places around the world and go around to investigate them, only to find that all you get for your efforts is... one rupee? (One of the locked chests in the game pulls a similar trick on the player, only divulging 5 rupees for the effort needed to open it.)

"failed businessman" - RedmageAdam @ 56:45

"Also he only sells to heroes... of which there's only one" - Moosh64 @ 57:15

In case you didn't notice, I'm not big on decorating the interiors of places. Either that, or I get bored easily trying to think up stuff to put inside houses.

"wrap-around overworld" - RedmageAdam @ 58:00

Nearly every game that I've made features this at one point or another. I guess you could say that it is a weakness of mine.

The lands of Holodrum and Labrynna are in peril, the three Oracles gather to discuss the current crises that faces these lands. They decide to contact the same hero that saved their lands from Veran, Onox, and Twinrova in their twisted plan to resurrect Ganon.

Not exactly. (You'd have to play Balance of Nature to get this.) The Hero they recruit is born thousands of years after the original Oracle Games. Nayru travels through time to find him.

I'll look over the Youtube comments (if any exist that are relevant) later today.

#28 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:37 PM

More expo streaming at either 8:30p or 9:00p EST. I will announce any delays if need be. 

http://www.twitch.tv/newjourneysfire

• Joelmacool, KingPridenia and Deedee like this

#29 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:35 AM

Nice job streaming my quest :D

Though, just before you left, you bombed those rocks. There was a target on top of the doorway. You were meant to arrow the target and then the rocks would've went. :P The cave was the mini-dungeon and there was where the 2 secrets were. Ah well, always next time :D

#30 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:20 PM

I'll be streaming in 10 minutes where I believe I'll be playing Quest 745.

http://www.twitch.tv/newjourneysfire

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users