Photo

Signs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mike512

Mike512

• Members

Posted 08 June 2005 - 05:53 PM

How do you make signs say stuff like "This Way Is Castle Doom".

#2 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 08 June 2005 - 06:40 PM

Basically, you're instantly warping to another screen that looks EXACTLY like the one you were just on, but you've got this invisible guy speaking to you, and the words he says, are the words on the sign.

Now, you've got to have a way to connect these two screens. Use a Tile Warp (Or Press F10) and select the Dmap that you're on when you walk up to the sign, and select the identical screen. Press "Go" to see if you will indeed end up there.

If you do, go back to your first screen, and place a combo that looks like the combo in front of the sign on layer 1, so it hides the combo in front of it. Now place a stairs combo of any sort in front of the sign. It'll be hidden by layer 1! (OR, you can just make a NEW combo that looks like the floor in front of the sign, but is a stairs combo.)

Do the same for the new, identical screen, but in the spaces AROUND the sign, so when you walk away from the sign, you get warped back to the original. Yes, set the tile warp for the new screen as well. And here's another way I can say it.

First, make sure that all your Dmaps have a level number greater than zero. Create an identical screen on the same dmap, but have that screen have the guy, (Preferably fire, since you can safely remove its sprite from tile page 0 so it looks like there's "nobody" speaking.) string, (Make it beforehand, then set it here by pressing s.) and such. Yes, have that screen on the same map somewhere. Place your link start icons near the sign, so it looks like Link will arrive in front of the sign to be "reading" it when he gets there,

#3 OMEG

OMEG

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 08 June 2005 - 06:47 PM

When I make signs, I just make them as tiles with text on them, set them as secret combos, and trigger them when Link/whoever is in front of the sign.

I use BH4's method for NPCs, though.

Edited by OMEG, 08 June 2005 - 06:51 PM.

#4 Mike512

Mike512

• Members

Posted 08 June 2005 - 10:58 PM

ok umm can you send me some screen shots because im haveing trouble understanding what you mean

#5 Mike512

Mike512

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:41 PM

ok how do i do it so you press A when you come up to the sign and then it says the thing on the sign

#6 sonlen

sonlen

Junior

• Members

Posted 07 December 2007 - 08:01 PM

No if you did it right you should go to the screen automatically.

#7 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 December 2007 - 08:03 PM

You might wanna re-read the rules on gravedigging.

*topic closed*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users