The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

• Please log in to reply
399 replies to this topic

#391 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:39 PM

Basically what you do is set an item that you can use to X or Y, go into the pictobox view, while in that view, open the item/mask menu, swap the useable item on X or Y with the fierce deity's mask, exit the menu, then press R to exit the pictobox view mode and then the button with the firece deity's mask on it quickly in succession. If done correctly, you should put the mask on.

NOTE: This also works for other items. For example, I used it with the powder keg on normal Link for fun and I was able to blow up the boulder in front of Romani Ranch without the Goron form.

• LinkFan212 likes this

#392 LinkFan212

LinkFan212

EVERYDAY is a BIG DAY

• Members

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:55 PM

Heh, funny thing is I'm doing the three-heart minimalist run as well! xD But, the only thing is I'm getting all the bottles, because why not...so technically it's not considered a "minimalist run". :P Either way, saved in Ikana Castle, and it's goin' pretty well without having hardly any fairies when the whole purpose of the bottle was for fairies! xD

• Xenix likes this

#393 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:02 PM

I'm going to be skipping the bottles. (Except for the required ones) But I still consider it a minimalist run if you just get the bottles. But that's just me. :P

• LinkFan212 likes this

#394 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:49 PM

Finally done. Beat Majora with three hearts and only the bare minimum amount of equipment needed to beat the game. That means no upgrades, no fairy fountains, none of that.
Equipment:
Kokiri Sword
Mirror Shield

Items:
Deku Nuts
Hero's Bow
Fire/Ice/Light Arrows
Magic Beans
Deku Sticks
One Bottle
Bombs
Hookshot
Powder Keg
Lens of Truth

Masks:
Deku Mask
Goron Mask
Zora Mask
Garo's Mask
Captain's Hat
Gibdo Mask
Giant's Mask

No deaths either. I very much enjoyed that run. :) The last fight versus Majora was MUCH more intense this way too.

• Aevin, LinkFan212 and HavoX like this

#395 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:21 PM

Can't believe I forgot to post here after beating it...Haha.

The trails were neat-o! The human was my favorite, I think. The Zora, as many people have already stated, was annoying as frick. Accidentally dropped the F bomb in front of a twelve-year-old because of that trial. Heh.

But...! I beat it. 100%. Quite satisfied and well-timed, as the free time to play games has suddenly gone out the window. Happy to have relived the adventure while I had the chance!

• LinkFan212 likes this

#396 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:31 PM

So I went back today to "true" 100% it, by winning the lottery, which I hadn't done before. I had already filled the bank, so I accidentally hit "deposit" instead of "withdraw," and...

CBZSxRLW8AAT_2k.jpg

Help.

• Magi_Hero, Orithan, SubconsciousEye and 1 other like this

#397 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:42 AM

I actually made sure to get the absolute max you can get into the bank. lol I have 5,499 rupees.

• Dawnlight and LinkFan212 like this

#398 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:58 AM

I 100% finished this a while back. It's without a doubt a well done remake and it made me really enjoy Majora's Mask a lot more than the original did. I might post more thoughts later. Or not. I dunno.

• LinkFan212 likes this

#399 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:02 PM

I got this last week and all I gotta say is the new Twinmold battle is EPIC. I was confused on what happened to the Giant's Mask, so I actually used a hint to find out where it went.

Minimalist runs are surprisingly unsatisfying in MM. Last time I tried one, I just went ahead and got all the masks after I beat Majora. Unlike the other Zeldas, you miss out on A LOT of content when you go minimalist.

Really, the challenge is in time management- to see how much you can get done in a cycle. In my current run, I'm 5 cycles in (after the first) and I finished all the dungeons, have all the Great Fairy powers, 12 heart containers, 4 bottles, the Gilded Sword, biggest quiver, wallet, and bomb bag, all the songs, and all but 4 masks. Naturally, it's not as good as a speedrun, and it's not as good as my run before my mission, but I didn't use any exploits this time (like skipping Epona's Song) and I spent a good deal of time wandering around because of the few minor changes, forgetting my way through the Great Bay Temple and having to revisit dungeons later for the fairies.

• LinkFan212 likes this

#400 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:05 PM

I was confused on what happened to the Giant's Mask, so I actually used a hint to find out where it went.

As did I, actually. I was so confused when the chest didn't show up after killing the Eyegore, so I looked it up to be sure I didn't screw something up. Then "Oh. ... that makes sense... ?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users