Xbox One

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#1 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

It seems Microsoft doesn't know how to fucking count XD.

XBox -> XBox360 -> XBox ONE

http://www.wired.com...13/05/xbox-one/

Edited by Koh, 21 May 2013 - 03:48 PM.

#2 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

Xbox One = Roku/AppleTV that plays games.

Not impressed at their showing at all.

• Ventus likes this

#3 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

So let's see:

-No backwards compatibility

-Internet connection required to register the game

-Have to pay a fee to play a used game

-No new actual games shown, just yet another generic FPS (haven't seen 1000 of those in the past 3 years) and yet another generic football game that'll be an exact clone of the last 7 made.

So calling it the XBox One makes sense, because they're being ass-backwards right now.

Also, Nintendo's and Sony's stocks just shot up right after this, hilariously enough.

• Russ and Hoff123 like this

#4 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

I'm pretty disappointed with Micro$oft...  

I watched the revealing on TV, and I was bored greatly disappointed.

And the name Xbox one is about retarded!, I mean they were at 360. Now look, it went a full 359 degree's backwards!... *Sighs*

And not having backward compatibly is just stupid its like Micro$oft is wanting to dig themselves a grave.

And why was the big game they showed off another Call of Duty game!? I mean come on its just going to be another saturated FPS.

Like the Other 1000 FPS games that has come out since 2006.

Micro$oft, has fooled me once with windows 8 but they are not going to do it again with this piece of shit (talking about Xbox one.)

#5 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

They should just call it Xbox We Already Have ONE when it comes to features.

#6 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

I... don't really know what you all were really expecting.  Did you expect a revolutionary system with brand new ways to play?  No, that's more of Nintendo's thing, and they aren't doing that great with that right now.  Did you expect the highest processor and graphics cards in a $500 system?  This would make Microsoft bankrupt?  For Microsoft not to cave to increasing demands for prevent piracy? 

I just don't get why people are acting like this is a big surprise.  It was pretty obvious that this is the type of system MIcrosoft was going to release.  It's very inline with what Sony did with the PS4, and pretty much everyone knew that's how it was going to be.  What more do you all need?

Are we really going to complain about the name?  Seriously, this is just history repeating itself.  "XBox 360?!  You mean like going in, turning around, and walking away from buying it?!"  "<X> One" is a very common marketing name.

#7 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

Are we really going to complain about the name?  Seriously, this is just history repeating itself.  "XBox 360?!  You mean like going in, turning around, and walking away from buying it?!"  

That would only be 180 degrees though.  *runs*

#8 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

That would only be 180 degrees though.  *runs*

Trust me, I never understood the joke. :P But I heard it 500 billion times when the 360 came out.

#9 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

Yeah, that was a pretty dumb joke. I always imagined that the console just gave people a spontaneous desire to moonwalk. :P

On topic, I agree that the console is more or less what you'd expect of Microsoft. The Xbox on its own doesn't bring anything new to the table; it's almost entirely defined by its lineup of games. Thus, I don't think we can even get an accurate assessment of how it will play. Additionally, while I certainly see what they're trying to do, I think the online registration thing is really dumb. What if you don't even have access to internet? This just seems incredibly poorly thought out from a practical standpoint to me. Certainly there are other better ways to slow down piracy that doesn't punish everyone else, yes?

#10 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

And not having backward compatibly is just stupid its like Micro$oft is wanting to dig themselves a grave.

Yep, the Xbox One and PS4 are totally not gonna sell at all and people will only buy Wii U because it has backwards compatibility unlike the others. Besides, we all know how terrible PS3 did because it couldn't play PS2 games, yeah, I don't think anybody bought a PS3.

I think a lot of you are overreacting about the lack of backwards compatibility. Sure, it would be more convenient, but it's not the end of the world. Remember when there was no such thing as backwards compatibility? We didn't have a problem then. Why should we now? I tend to hoard old consoles anyway, so this really won't affect me at all.

Now if your frustrations were directed to things that are actually awful, then I could agree with you entirely. Having to register a game online before you could play it? Paying a fee to play used games? Pretty stupid ideas. But then, they were also planning to require you to have the system constantly connected to the internet until the fans roared backlash and Microsoft said "Okay, okay, that's a stupid idea, we'll scrap it." Enough backlash, and they might repeal these as well. I hope they do. I'll probably end up with one anyway, but it won't mean I'll like these aspects.

As for the good parts about the system? I like how it looks. It has a retro, nostalgic kind of feel to it. The D-pad also seems much better, even though the controller seems... well, at least it's still better than a Sony controller. I'd have to hold one to make a fair assessment, though. I also really like the specs. I mean, if they could make the absolutely gorgeous Halo 4 on 512MB RAM, imagine what they could do with 8GB. Still, I'll probably put it off until Halo 5 comes out, and just pick up the 360 equivalent of the games I'm interested in until they stop making games for 360.

#11 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

So, when I look at this, I see that it's basically an Xbox 360 with slightly better hardware, the need to register any new games online, a fee for playing used games, and the ability to act as a cable box, and no 360 support. Whoo, that's totally amazing, and I want one right now.

[/sarcasm]

I gotta agree with Tri and Scootaloo here. Nothing that I've seen has been at all impressive. You can say that "Oh you can't expect them to add anything new and exciting, only Nintendo does that", but Sony at least made the PS4's share feature seem pretty interesting. Anything good the One brings is pretty much negated by needing to register new games, which is one of the dumbest ideas I've heard of in a long time, and having the pay a fee for used games, which completely negates the purpose of them.

#12 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

but Sony at least made the PS4's share feature seem pretty interesting. Anything good the One brings is pretty much negated by needing to register new games, which is one of the dumbest ideas I've heard of in a long time, and having the pay a fee for used games, which completely negates the purpose of them.

I dunno, I feel like those features are pretty cool... but I think that they'll be largely ignored in the grand scheme of things.  I just don't expect tons of people to use that stuff after the first few weeks of playing around with it. :shrug:

Edit: Plus, rumors were going around that Sony was adding in some stuff to prevent the buying of used games.  It's something the entire industry wants to get rid of.  It's not a crazy thing that Microsoft is doing for no reason.

#13 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

And I want to add something about the registering a game, and the paying a fee to play a second hand game.

While it don't seem bad to register a game, its pretty stupid if you ask me. its pointless,

why does it need to be registered?

It seems totally pointless to me.

And paying a fee to played used games is plain Jane retarded, I for one won't be supporting this console or any other console that does this.

Its just a stupid way the people who made to the console to con more money out of people.

The next generation of Xbox is going to FAIL! And I'll be laughing at people who bought the worthless thing.

The only thing I know is that I don't like where gaming is going and probably won't ever like where its going until company's,

pull their head out of their asses and understand what sold their consoles "freedom of stupidity".

That's the last thing I'm going to say about this. 

Edited by Ventus, 21 May 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#14 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

Well, I don't think any gamers are happy about that, so I don't think you'll get much opposition there. :P

#15 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

This is probably further showing that the fate of the gaming world will rest within the indie game developer's hands, while the companies duke it out with the silliest schemas ever, until they drive each other into the ground.

• Gouanaco and Ventus like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users