Pokémon Black and White

• Please log in to reply
1046 replies to this topic

#1 Blue Link 2007

Blue Link 2007

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 09 April 2010 - 06:58 AM

Well, they finally released info about generation 5's new games, Pokemon Black and White. And only a few weeks after HeartGold and SoulSilver have been announced... icon_unsettled.gif

source: http://bulbanews.bul...rsions_Revealed

Well, have fun discussing this.

#2 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:12 AM

Japanese Pokemon Site saying it's Black & White!

Not really sure which one I'd get, neither color is really appealing to me, so I can't base getting one or the other on the colors like I've done with HG/SS, FR/LG, G/S. Well, I am actually suprised they went back to the whole "color" thing. Pearl/Diamond/Platinum were precious stones and materials. icon_shrug.gif

#3 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:27 AM

Seriously, I'm not interested in this game. Heart Gold and Soul Silver will most likely be my last ever Pokemon game. There's probably gonna be about 600 Pokemon total by the time this game is released and that's WAY too much for me.

#4 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:36 AM

Well, I kind of called it when it comes to what the next series would be called - Except it was more of a joke than anything. icon_odd.gif

But, anyhow, I think it's time to call it quits on this type of progression they've got going on - in other words, they should start on a game that "doesn't end", by which I mean that it's extremely expandable in design and size and allows the player to have a different, somewhat controllable experience every time he or she plays - after all, just introducing a new generation and land every time isn't going to cut it at this point. By using this design, id they want to introduce a new area/and, or a new set of Pokemon, all they have to do is sell just that part individually instead of having to completely package what would be a new game.

#5 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE(Linkus @ Apr 9 2010, 02:36 PM) View Post
Well, I kind of called it when it comes to what the next series would be called - Except it was more of a joke than anything. icon_odd.gif

But, anyhow, I think it's time to call it quits on this type of progression they've got going on - in other words, they should start on a game that "doesn't end", by which I mean that it's extremely expandable in design and size and allows the player to have a different, somewhat controllable experience every time he or she plays - after all, just introducing a new generation and land every time isn't going to cut it at this point. By using this design, id they want to introduce a new area/and, or a new set of Pokemon, all they have to do is sell just that part individually instead of having to completely package what would be a new game.
Everyone has said black and white since they released the first three... that's not just you icon_razz.gif

I'm just gonna say it: I love Pokemon. The more the merrier. I don't see why anyone would say that there's too many. Think about it, if they just kept making games using the original 151, you would be complaining about that too.

I'm getting white, because I'm not black. Then I'll be getting black, because I always get both versions just for the heck of it anyways.

#6 Banjo7J

Banjo7J

Defender

• Members

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:57 AM

When I first heard of the news, for some reason, I didn't get confused, I thought they were gonna make it black and white. *shot for incredibly terrible pun that should never have been made* Deadly-bad puns aside, I'm quite excited for this. I just hope they don't have about 25 legendaries and pointless stuff like Contests and the Pokethlon.

#7 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE(Banjo7J @ Apr 9 2010, 02:57 PM) View Post
When I first heard of the news, for some reason, I didn't get confused, I thought they were gonna make it black and white. *shot for incredibly terrible pun that should never have been made* Deadly-bad puns aside, I'm quite excited for this. I just hope they don't have about 25 legendaries and pointless stuff like Contests and the Pokethlon.
Why would you want it not to have it. You don't have to use the features, but they're there for those of us who do.

One should never complain about a game having too many features, unless "bad" or "boring" (in your point of view) is something you have to do in order to play the game.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how they'll handle trades from the older games, and to see if you can trade the new Pokemon's from these to them. I doubt it, but it would be sweet.

#8 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:03 AM

I heard these titles before,but they were hacks icon_shrug.gif.Unless these prove to be miraculous/upgradical (custom words ftw) to the games,I won't be getting either,because I stopped caring for the games after Crystal.I got HG out of nostalgia,and the longing to see the changes,but they've added more than enough.They should've stopped adding after Emerald (not all are bad,but some are stupid).New Regions are fine, but it's almost impossible to "catch them all" now.My 2¢...PSP limits...

Edited by Koh, 09 April 2010 - 11:07 AM.

#9 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE(Koh @ Apr 9 2010, 10:03 AM) View Post

New Regions are fine, but it's almost impossible to "catch them all" now.

My thoughts exactly. 151 was enough to keep people busy for awhile, but now there's something like 495.

I'm not really interested in Pokemon anymore. At least, not the new ones. (Points to avatar. I love nostalgia) I stopped after getting FR, but honestly, had it not been for the fact that it was a remake, I probably would have stopped at Sapphire. I've had my fill of Pokemon, considering I've been playing since it first came out. One can only take so much, right? icon_razz.gif

Still, I'll be interested in seeing where it goes. Reading stuff about the newer ones can be interesting. (Especially stuff like glitches. I love looking up Pokemon glitches for some reason.icon_razz.gif)

#10 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:48 PM

Awesome! I will definitely get white version when it's released. I love Pokemon. It's a franchise that will always hold a place in my heart because it reminds me of my childhood and the games are just so addicting.

I was hoping for it to be on the new Nintendo handheld but i don't care. As long as we see some major upgrades from Heartgold even though they were perfect remakes.

#11 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:49 PM

Black and White? Well, at least they're back with colors. But they could have picked better colors. As of now, I'll be getting white, since I like white better than black, but that might change when they reveal what each version's mascot is.

#12 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:16 PM

I'm also on the side of those that say that the first 151 were cool and everything after them is too much. I stopped at G/S (played Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver) and even in G/S I thought the Pokemon were stupid and kinda uncreative icon_frown.gif The new graphics were nice, but that's about it :S
So I won't play these, just like I haven't played any titles after G/S. I might play FR/LG or HG/SS one day, but I doubt it actually.

#13 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:21 PM

Greeeat. I want to see where this goes. Hopefully most of them don't end up looking retarded. Can you imagine an entire generation of Bidoofs? I'll most likely get BLACK. Bahahah.

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Apr 9 2010, 09:51 AM) View Post

Everyone has said black and white since they released the first three... that's not just you icon_razz.gif

Not me icon_frown.gif
QUOTE(Koh @ Apr 9 2010, 11:03 AM) View Post

...but it's almost impossible to "catch them all" now.

I did it. 493. Not impossible, just a lot of trading back and forth with friends.
QUOTE(Christian @ Apr 9 2010, 12:48 PM) View Post

Awesome! I will definitely get white version when it's released. I love Pokemon. It's a franchise that will always hold a place in my heart because it reminds me of my childhood and the games are just so addicting.

Ditto.

#14 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:42 PM

Somebody got to it first. icon_frown.gif

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Apr 9 2010, 10:51 AM) View Post

There was actually a rumor going around awhile back saying it was an unreleased set of games. Doubt it was true, but now I'm totally psyched.

Anyways, Pokemon Sunday is supposed to reveal some Pokemon on Sunday, and that should hopefully include some of the starters. Depending on how those look, I may or may not get one of the games.

QUOTE(Russ @ Apr 9 2010, 01:49 PM) View Post

Black and White? Well, at least they're back with colors

Not really. They're actually shades. icon_razz.gif [/technicality]

Edited by Rem, 09 April 2010 - 01:45 PM.

#15 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:04 PM

Cool!

I'll probably buy this because I'm an addict and need to satisfy this ridiculous craze that has haunted me since I was a little lad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users