Photo

The legend of Zelda, the new begining

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 angrud

angrud

• Members

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:06 PM

Why isn't anyone playing my quest? It's the best and longest one I've done so far. So please enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it (that's a year and a half)

#2 Naldrag

Naldrag

Certified Idiot

• Members

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:12 PM

ummm... I highly doubt begging for people to play your quest will help you out much, probably make you seem more pathetic actually and from how it looks it has 2 stars which must mean it isn't that good... so... yea... that'd probably be why.

Edited by Naldrag, 11 February 2010 - 11:13 PM.

#3 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:13 PM

1. Your quest is not of good quality
2. Much errors
3. Horrible linguistics
4. Learn more ZC before you expect us to praise you like we did to Peteo when he made MMDWR

#4 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Zelda and Pokémon Master •

• Members

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:16 PM

Well, even if a quest is good, it's always nice to see some screenshots, so we can get a feel for the design and all. Always upload a screenshot! I've never started a quest that didn't have a screenie provided, 'cause I'm lazy and didn't want to do a lot of work for a quest I might not even like because of the style! icon_razz.gif Showing off some good puzzles is good. And, perhaps by bad luck, but the first person to rate your quest rated it a two out of five, which, naturally, won't attract more people to play. ^^'

#5 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:46 PM

Moved to Custom Quest Discussion.

If you're looking for comments, you have to be patient. Once people begin playing, they'll make comments.

Also, a little tidbit of advice.

Instead of just making a quest, you also have to see if everything works, because if there's one critical warp that goes to the wrong location, it breaks the game - quickly putting together a quest within a few weeks will likely result in something that won't be well-recognized. Most quests now take several months to years, as time can turn a quest into a contender for the hall of fame.

#6 dcsyxx

dcsyxx

ガノン株式会社社長

• Members

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:54 AM

I played this up until this room in level 1.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2hrcuuh.jpg

Having to fight a blue wizzrobe at this level with the way the room is set up is just a complete nightmare. As well, having the enemies always return rule enabled is very annoying.

#7 Daemon

Daemon

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:58 AM

Yeah, I didn't play because there were no shots, and the rating was pretty low... Shots are what gets some people playing quests, and at least help for someone to think "Hey, this looks like fun!"
Although the enemies always return would be very annoying for me, and I don't think it increases difficulty at all, only annoyance. Oh well, maybe I'll try the quest some time later.

#8 lightdestroyer

lightdestroyer

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:05 AM

I tried to play it...urgh, I got over the misspelling, but I'm completely stuck in this little village, with nowhere to go. So...yeah, I got bored and closed it after doing three times each houses.

#9 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE(angrud @ Feb 11 2010, 10:06 PM) View Post

Why isn't anyone playing my quest? It's the best and longest one I've done so far. So please enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it (that's a year and a half)

Is ok...! I'll take the risk and will start playing your quest
just don't say (rest in peace) when I die, just give me some help!

#10 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE(lightdestroyer @ Feb 12 2010, 08:05 AM) View Post

I tried to play it...urgh, I got over the misspelling, but I'm completely stuck in this little village, with nowhere to go. So...yeah, I got bored and closed it after doing three times each houses.

I gave it a try but I also got stuck in the village, later I found a weapon, only to find out that I wasn't strong enough to lift it. I quitted. icon_frown.gif

A good quest has a lot of small things that encourage the player to continue. I didn't found so much of interest here. Several houses had only guys with nonsense speech and no heart pieces or ruppes out of reach that's waiting for me. I loose patience in these situations if there's nothing to keep me going and strive for, sorry. icon_unsettled.gif

Edit: BS tilesets isn't optimal for designing lively villages, but I may add that one of the main things to think about as a quest designer is to build screens that looks interesting, most of the screens in the village had only randomly located bushes one or more houses and very huge and straight roads. Same for the graveyard that also had only dull rows of gravestones.

So, If I give it a new try, where can I find the 1st sword?

Edit: Found.

Edited by cosmofield, 12 February 2010 - 12:01 PM.

#11 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:28 AM

angrud, I liked the Lost Sequel better than most (spelling errors aside, I'm guessing English isn't your native tongue?), so, this weekend, I'll give this a shot and provide some feedback.

I'll try and go in with an open mind. Having said that, from reading the comments thus far, I can't say I'm terribly optimistic. It sounds like this might need some tweaking.

#12 lightdestroyer

lightdestroyer

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE(cosmofield @ Feb 12 2010, 11:16 AM) View Post

Edit: Found.

Erm...could you please say where is it ? I want to continue a little before stating my opinion on this quest, because all I see for now is a village and a graveyard.

#13 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE(lightdestroyer @ Feb 12 2010, 07:45 PM) View Post

Erm...could you please say where is it ? I want to continue a little before stating my opinion on this quest, because all I see for now is a village and a graveyard.

^_^

Collect some bombs in the hotel (push one of the blocks) and use bombs to get inside the cave south-east of the village.

Btw: I am in level 3 (water dungeon) should I have the 2nd sword by now?

Edited by cosmofield, 12 February 2010 - 01:19 PM.

#14 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE(angrud @ Feb 11 2010, 10:06 PM) View Post

At the end of the game, you will receive the level one cheat code.

???? At the end of the game??? how C'om? I need this just ,, starting the quest!!!

#15 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE(vravelo @ Feb 12 2010, 09:12 PM) View Post

At the end of the game, you will receive the level one cheat code.

?? At the end of the game? how C'om? I need this just ,, starting the quest!!!

This quest isn't so hard, I like the "Enemy return" thing, makes it easy to stock up on ruppees/life. But that blue wizzrobe in level 1 was half-luck/half-endurance I think icon_biggrin.gif

*bring'em on*

I found 2nd sword, but now I wonder how to open this door?

IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users