nostalgia indie game sanic gotta go fast

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:14 AM

What Shovel Knight was to classic platformers like Megaman, Shatterhand, Zelda 2, and the like, Freedom Planet is to Sonic the Hedgehog. The game is a solid high speed platforming experience that draws you in from start to end, and is packed with enough goodies to keep you diving back in for more.

While Freedom Planet definitely does not shy away from wearing it's most prominent inspiration on its sleeve, there are definitely more subtle elements which are clearly drawn from other games like Megaman X, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Gunstar Heroes, and Sparkster/Rocket Knight Adventures. The elements from the prior mentioned games are blended elegantly and well into the high speed aspect that its almost like they were meant to be together all along.

I can only praise this game so much, at for 15 dollars its quite the steal. And, if you're still not convinced to get this game, new content is coming, and all DLC will be provided for free. For now, the game only has 3 characters and 14 stages. In addition to several shared stages, and a story mode that goes on for nine, each character has one or two unique stages that they can play through. This will continue to be true for the next two playable characters to be released at a later date.

I reiterate, 15 dollars is a steal, this game is amazing, start to end. If you like the 90s Sonic the Hedgehog games, this game will not disappoint you.

#2 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:36 AM

Yeah I'm definitely considering it but will prolly wait for it to appear at distributors other then Steam and see if there are any price variation. It reminds me of Jazz Jack Rabbit &  Sonic amongst other stuff.

Edited by franpa, 23 July 2014 - 01:42 AM.

#3 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:28 AM

I loled when they started jumping with the motorcycle.  That's some advanced technology right there.  The spritework looks good; definitely a hell of a lot better than most of these other games that try to use "16-bit like sprites!" as their hook.

Username is Spaceman Strife?  IT'S DAN'S BROTHER, GUYS!  *runs*

#4 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:57 AM

I love that the villain's voice (In the trailer on Steam) sounds like the announcer from Bejeweled, except evil.

Edited by franpa, 23 July 2014 - 06:57 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nostalgia, indie game, sanic, gotta go fast

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users