Questions of a Newb

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#61 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 01 June 2018 - 09:21 PM

The combo page is the combos you have to use in your game. You can use anything on the tile but you have to put it in the combo page first.

#62 Heffernans

Heffernans

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 01 June 2018 - 09:37 PM

Edited by Heffernans, 01 June 2018 - 09:37 PM.

• Architect Abdiel likes this

#63 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 01 June 2018 - 11:35 PM

just checked Tutorials theres no way to increase the 800x600 screensize of Zquest without it being 800x600 Fullscreen?

Yes, use ZLaunch and change the resolution on the ZQuest tab.
  • Architect Abdiel likes this

#64 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 02 June 2018 - 02:01 AM

A combo is a combination of the tile (what it looks like), the walkability, the cset (which colour set it uses), the combo type and inherent flag (what it does), and some other stuff (combo cycles, animations, etc) for the slightly more complex design. The tiles are just what a combo, or item, or enemy (or even Link) could look like.
This way you can make combos/items/etc. that look the same as others, but with different properties - for example two identical-looking rocks, one of which hurts you for no reason, and the other of which you can swim in.
Of course, doing that with rocks is probably bad design, but you get the point.
  • Anthus likes this

#65 Heffernans

Heffernans

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 02 June 2018 - 10:28 AM

Yes, use ZLaunch and change the resolution on the ZQuest tab.

just checked im sorry but theres really a Resolution Option, but only for Zelda Classic, not for ZQuest tho

242a4b8f52.png

there IS A Scale Option but i can only pick 1x, if i pick 2x 3x or 4x it opens ZQuest on the Taskbar and instantly closes it before appearing on-screen.

#66 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 02 June 2018 - 12:07 PM

there IS A Scale Option but i can only pick 1x, if i pick 2x 3x or 4x it opens ZQuest on the Taskbar and instantly closes it before appearing on-screen.

That's bizarre. If you change the interface from New to Classic, does the scale option work?

#67 Heffernans

Heffernans

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 02 June 2018 - 12:31 PM

yep, tho then its like this

00ef9fcc50.png

#68 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 02 June 2018 - 12:33 PM

Which version and operating system are you using? I did have that issue with ZC proper when I used 2.10.

EDIT: by which I mean the issue where the program doesn't really open despite appearing on the taskbar for a moment

Edited by klop422, 02 June 2018 - 12:35 PM.

#69 Heffernans

Heffernans

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 02 June 2018 - 12:39 PM

Windows 7 x64 and to note 3 Monitors

#70 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 02 June 2018 - 05:16 PM

The scaling won't work if the window would end up being larger then your monitor's resolution.

It's really annoying too, cause at 1080, it's like.. 70 pixels too big for 2x scaling with the large editor.

And welcome to PZC, btw. :)

#71 Heffernans

Heffernans

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:10 PM

Thanks, i wonder who made ZQuest and if future version will have a fix for better resolution cuz its really annoying on low resolution

Meanwhile how do you use blackish Textures as Layer?

b7e7ac70ff.png

how do u layer them (ofcourse without the black over a finished building?)

and im not sure of its impressive already bit this is the First bit of the Siege (ignore the 2 test screens in the lower)

2d466ace9b.png

Edited by Heffernans, 02 June 2018 - 06:19 PM.

#72 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 02 June 2018 - 07:07 PM

If the black colour in those tiles is the first colour (the one with the x in it), then you can create combis and place them over the top of the house in Layer 1.
Also, your map looks rather nice, at least for a first try. What I will say is that the ground could use a little more variation, so it doesn't look as featureless. Also, it's bad style (not entirely sure exactly why, but someone can probably explain it) to leave corners open on a screen.
Also, I might be wrong, but it doesn't seem like walkability is consistent between screens. If you have an unwalkable combo on the edge of a screen, you'll want to make the edge of the adjacent screen also unwalkable, or the player will end up on the unwalkable combos, probably getting stuck. There's an option somewhere to make these clashes visible, but I can't exactly remember where.
I seem to also remember there being 'smart screen scrolling', which doesn't allow scrolling onto solid combos, but it's unclear to the player if they can't see the solid combos (and I hear it's glitchy or something). Again, might be wrong about this.

#73 Heffernans

Heffernans

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 02 June 2018 - 07:16 PM

Thanks, i tried using FCC and it works perfectly, not sure id need a script so nothing crashes but i guess not

5c3229ccd4.png

#74 Heffernans

Heffernans

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 02 June 2018 - 09:20 PM

edit: fixed it myself

Edited by Heffernans, 02 June 2018 - 09:54 PM.

#75 Heffernans

Heffernans

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:20 PM

maybe id have a hint here altho i already asked on discord and it seems to not be in yet

i have This window

be408b6922.png

now my Project needs various types of Fighting Goblins like in Links Awakening here with a Sword

a8410859cd.png

but "Sword" doesnt work how would one go about that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users