Project DoRUCC

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#46 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:26 AM

As far as suggestions, All I can say is that multiple templates for each type will probably be neccesary.

For example, the little boy template. Not all boys are going to run around in just trousers. Chances are someone's going to want one dressed in a Link style tunic, for instance.

#47 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:30 AM

QUOTE(Linkus @ Feb 27 2009, 07:44 PM) View Post
IPB Image

Make note of the flow of animation. While it is four frames, two of which are the same, make note of the combined symmetry and asymmetry usage on certain details; it ends up creating an even flow on the character, without looking very choppy.

Looks great! Matches what I'd like for DoR quite well. I agree with this animation concept. icon_smile.gif Although I'm not quite as good at putting it into practice...

Incidentally... I'm not sure whether people will agree with this... but I think it'd work well to use the child sprites for adults in quests that use the smaller scale. After all, "chibi" sprites tend to look like children anyway. With that in mind, perhaps it'd be worthwhile to make some "old man" and "old woman" sprites with the child templates. The only problem is distinguishing children from adults if you're only using the small sprites...

#48 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:15 PM

Use an even smaller scale for the children? They pulled it off pretty good in the Oracle games.

#49 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(Zenith @ Feb 28 2009, 01:15 PM) View Post

Use an even smaller scale for the children? They pulled it off pretty good in the Oracle games.

Yeah, could be a good answer. Maybe two pixels shorter all told. If nobody else does it I'll take a stab once Linkus is done with the walking templates.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the templates. icon_smile.gif They could be good for self-teaching. I'm going to try enlarging my main character sprite again once some more of the bigger templates are complete. (btw, thanks again, Linkus)

(Edit: Why did I say Relic?)

#50 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:58 PM

If I'm posting, that must mean a good sign. And it is. icon_smile.gif

Well, all templates are complete. Now, there's no need to wait anymore - Show me what you can do with them, and I'll help point out what needs to be changed. icon_wink.gif

IPB Image

#51 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:23 PM

Just posting to say that I'm going to try and help. I haven't sprited in a really long time and I feel rusty. Plus I feel I owe PZC some stuff icon_frown.gif I've, like, never finished anything for it.

This also deserved a nice, bump. Sorry for gravedigging, but I feel this needed it.

Edited by LinkMystro, 07 May 2009 - 09:14 AM.

#52 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:10 AM

I'm sure Linkus will be pleased. icon_smile.gif As well as the rest of us who haven't felt up to tackling it.

#53 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:55 AM

IPB Image

I made a turban guy. The turban is messed up on the left I think... way too much shading, but I don't know what to do with it. Help?

Any other advice is welcome. I'd like to fix it before animating it.

#54 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:15 AM

Not bad... Although, once again I plan to change the palette again to fix the skin tone/brown problems.

But, I must say, finally someone else decides to try as well. Now all we need is several other people to also pick it and we'll have a dozen complete NPCs in no time.

#55 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:18 PM

IPB Image

So I finished Kora's walking animations. And who's that to the right? Or, who is he part of?

#56 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:43 PM

Those look great Linkus!

It's about time we have some new NPCs around here. icon_razz.gif

I'm tired of the 16x16 oracle NPCs.

#57 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:31 PM

Personally I really like 16x16 NPC's. Once you get the hang of it, it's not to hard to make your own guys (even if it's ridiculously frustrating having the head take up 3/4 of the tile), they're easier to work with, and big link is to clunky for my taste.

You should remake all FF6 characters with your template. Or maybe I will later.\

EDIT: Holy **** this is old. Nevermind me if you've already made a bunch of these or have abandoned the project.

Edited by Lemon, 20 January 2010 - 04:32 PM.

#58 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:08 PM

Well, it's still somewhat in production. The last thing I did was this, and that was about a month ago:

IPB Image

It's just a slow project that still needs a lot more NPCs made.

#59 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:40 AM

Yeah your NPC's look really good. If I followed the thread right, I think that the smallest versions are 24pixels high, am I am right? This will look a little big next to 16pixels high enemies, but that can only be helped by having bigger (scripted?) enemies, I guess. (And it'll look really good next to 16x16 "small" Octorocs or Chuchus, so it's actually okay.)
Well, every one of those girls could be recoloured and slightly edited to make a replacement for princess Zelda (in case it was needed), but as far as my knowledge goes, there is no 24 (?) pixels high DoR-Link and tMC Link is actually bigger than 24pixels. So may I suggest that you could draw a fitting Link sprite? ;D Well, rather not since it seems to be a load of work.
However, one last question, are we free to use the templates (is there one for males, too?) to create own sprites? Like, even if we don't make them public / post them here? I think I might get interested in this, but I don't think that I'd like sharing them =/

#60 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:47 AM

Actually I was thinking a lot about this project in these days, since I needed NPCs for my quest, but eventually I still decided upon 16x16, for the reason bigger sprites are still a bit incompatible. But maybe I can contribute some sprites one day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users