Hyrule Warriors

• Please log in to reply
494 replies to this topic

#16 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:56 AM

Okaaay, that was kinda unexpected but I guess it seems like it might be good. Can't watch the video but here's to it not sucking like Dynasty Tactics :P

Anyways, never played a real Dynasty Warriors game but I might give this a try when I get a Wii U next year. (After getting a PS3 of course). 

#17 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:13 AM

Too be honest, I get the feeling right away that this game is doomed to be repetitive, it also seems sketchy how Iwata wants to insist this is not a core Zelda game. Seems to me to be a project that he isn't overly a fan of.

All the enemies looks like they were taken from other Zelda games, it almost feels like a cry for desperation.

This is the kind of thing I don't want to see, with The Wind Waker HD being a remake, and ALBW (as great as it was) almost a remake, and this game ring built by 3rd party which simply takes what's already done and tries this.

The good news is that I suspect these decisions are being made to not only full the void, but also create hype for the real project they are focusing on, which they are being really secretive about, but already provided hints of it being possibly epic.

#18 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:19 AM

So yeah, note that they haven't even finalized the title yet. And it's not like Nintendo to show final product stuff upon announcement. Note that I know this wasn't made by Nintendo but they did announce it regardless.

#19 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

It looks... I don't know, kinda awkward so far tbh.

Now I'm up for new types of Zeldas, just this one really doesn't seem to have like any Zelda charm to it as far as I can tell. It reminds me of those weird Spider-Man games I have that were just mediocre at best and didn't really offer much other than button mashing to kill thousands of enemies.

#20 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:28 AM

It looks... I don't know, kinda awkward so far tbh.

Now I'm up for new types of Zeldas, just this one really doesn't seem to have like any Zelda charm to it as far as I can tell. It reminds me of those weird Spider-Man games I have that were just mediocre at best and didn't really offer much other than button mashing to kill thousands of enemies.

I completely agree.

While this particular genre (whatever it's called) appears epic. I never played any of them because I could sense how repetitive those games would be. The idea of a Zelda game (regardless of who makes it) with an over abundance of repetitive combat seems so devastating to the series.

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 18 December 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#21 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:43 AM

While I never been a fan of combat only games, I think this is needed in a series like Zelda.

Why?

Because you got the people who want hardcore combat in Zelda, and this could be perfect for them. I think it's a great move they went third party with people who know how to handle pure combat too. It's also an excuse to use a realism graphical style too and get away with another cartoony Zelda game. The combat effects make up for a slash and hack part since we've never seen Link go full "I wanna be the guy". Also count how many Zelda announcements revealed any information about stories or dungeons?

I got doubts. But I think if Nintendo chose this decision, when they think they can handle Zelda at best, then there must be a solid reason.

(Also I think this is a spin off rather than canon, unlike FS which was canon and should be considered a spin off. Otherwise, can we complain that SSB dosen't have the Zelda charm?)

Edited by Shane, 18 December 2013 - 11:44 AM.

• Jared likes this

#22 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:56 AM

Team Ninja didn't pull it off for Metroid. So now they've gone higher up to the company that calls the shots for Team Ninja and is responsible for creating Ninja Gaiden in the first place to make Zelda. :P

Lets hope Tecmo does show better results than their subsidiary Team Ninja.

#23 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:00 PM

Team Ninja didn't pull it off for Metroid. So now they've gone higher up to the company that calls the shots for Team Ninja and is responsible for creating Ninja Gaiden in the first place to make Zelda. :P

Lets hope Tecmo does show better results than their subsidiary Team Ninja.

I can definitely see Tecmo doing better, as Dynasty Warriors 8 has taken so much of my time without getting old. To put it simple, I love button mashers, which is my main reason that I'm so excited for this. It's now my reason to get a Wii U.

EDIT: It hasn't been confirmed, but  I really want to see Horseback fighting like in Dynasty Warriors. Imagine it, Link beating the crap out of everything while riding Epona-Oh wait, Twilight Princess.

Edited by Goriya, 18 December 2013 - 12:02 PM.

• Demonlink likes this

#24 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:04 PM

You know with this being form 3rd party, I wonder where this is going with the future of Zelda? Could we see more 3rd party Zelda titles?

Can 3rd party be the answer for saving Zelda from the clutches of Nintendo's hand holding ways?(Yes I know ALWB didn't hold your hand :P) Who knows we'll have to wait and see.

#25 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:28 PM

I kind of agree with Shane about this appealing to hardcore Zelda people in terms of combat. The combat seems pretty cheesy however and overpowered so... well, it just doesn't appeal to me I guess. :P

What I'm most exited about is definitely Hyrule Warriors. I feel sure that Zelda will be playable and most likely Sheik. Who else I wonder?

-Strike

#26 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:51 PM

If Ganondorf isn't the villain this time around, I'd bet he'd be playable. Other than that, there are a bunch of maybes like Impa, Dark Link, Fi, Midna, Zant, Ghirahim and Demise. I don't feel any characters from 2D games like Vaati would have much of a shot of being in. 

(It's not like the game is going to be canon or have a good story anyway.)

#27 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

If Ganondorf isn't the villain this time around, I'd bet he'd be playable. Other than that, there are a bunch of maybes like Impa, Dark Link, Fi, Midna, Zant, Ghirahim and Demise. I don't feel any characters from 2D games like Vaati would have much of a shot of being in. 

(It's not like the game is going to be canon or have a good story anyway.)

Canon, most likely not. But a good story? I'm sure Tecmo will come up with at the very least, a pretty good story. :3

I kind of agree with Shane about this appealing to hardcore Zelda people in terms of combat. The combat seems pretty cheesy however and overpowered so... well, it just doesn't appeal to me I guess. :P

What I'm most exited about is definitely Hyrule Warriors. I feel sure that Zelda will be playable and most likely Sheik. Who else I wonder?

-Strike

The combat seems to be basically the same thing as the Dynasty Warriors games, cheesy, overpowered, and fun. (Unless you're on a high difficulty, in which case, take out the Overpowered part and replace it with powerful, but not overpowered.) But yeah, being overpowered has always appealed to me in games like this. And like Dynasty Warriors, I'm sure they'll find SOME way to make your character feel helpless at some point, kinda like the first fights with Lu Bu in Dynasty Warriors 8. You're having fun, destroying everything, and then Lu Bu shows up and starts just wrecking your shit. Perhaps if there are more playable characters than just Link, then Ganon could be both a boss and a playable character, just like pretty much everyone was in the Dynasty Warriors.

• strike likes this

#28 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:09 PM

Lol, Zelda Other Z... Looks even worse than Metroid Other M.

As a Zelda fan, I'm embarrassed.

I never though that Nintendo would come to this extreme to make money. I'm shocked.

#29 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:10 PM

This "Hyrule Warriors (Name not final)" at the end felt really unprofessional.

• strike likes this

#30 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:27 PM

As long as there are enemies strong and complex enough to counter the new fighting style and still provide a good bit of challenge, this could be really fun. I noticed King Dodongo looking like he got downgraded from boss to just really-big-enemy, so hopefully there will be some good enemies to fight. It did look like most of the enemies in the trailer were the Goomba-style cannon fodder mooks rather than the tricky enemies to deal with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users