• Please log in to reply
1324 replies to this topic

#1321 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:02 PM

Well that was good news, I get to save money by not buying 2 of the DLC characters, SWEET!!

In all seriousness, it feels like they dropped the ball.  Only 2 songs for Midgar (the Jenova Boss, Battle Arena, and Highwind songs should have at least made it.  I can see the final boss them being left out cus it was kinda weird), no Zack costume, and I'd have preferred if the limit break versions of his specials were used to emulate more of Cloud's actual Limit Breaks.

Bayonetta, well, I understand, but I'm a devout christian who doesn't want to risk eternal damnation, so.....

And, another Marth Clone?  Really?  I mean, I don't hate clones or anything, but getting the same clone over and over, and including twice for DLC is a little excessive isn't it?  If the wanted to include another Fire Emblem character, I'd have preferred a Robin Clone at least.

Y'know, I might dislike that another FE character got in over a new Zelda or DK character, but Corrin is pretty damn unique.  Seriously, just because he uses a sword doesn't mean he's a clone- it's pointed out that his sword isn't his primary weapon, his transformations are.  Otherwise, by this logic, Robin is a clone of Marth because s/he also uses a sword.  If you didn't catch his trailer and coverage before, you may want to now.  Because I don't remember Marth using dragon fangs, a lance-like attack, wings, nor transforming into a freaking dragon.

#1322 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:12 PM

And, another Marth Clone?  Really?  I mean, I don't hate clones or anything, but getting the same clone over and over, and including twice for DLC is a little excessive isn't it?  If the wanted to include another Fire Emblem character, I'd have preferred a Robin Clone at least.

Corrin's moveset appears to be completely different though. lmfao

#1323 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:35 PM

Dunno, he does switch to a lance sometimes, but it appears to move very much like a sword.  Unless his moveset is more different than Shulk's, I'm not sure how that applies.  What I got from it is that he transforms, but still uses sword like moves when he is in a transformed state.

#1324 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:14 PM

What I got from it is that he transforms, but still uses sword like moves when he is in a transformed state.

Yeah, sword like moves! Like... pinning the player to the ground. Or firing projectiles. Or biting at the player. Ya know, things Marth and the other sword fighters do!

While I'm not super thrilled about another FE fighter, Corrin is by no means a Marth clone. Their moves and play style are sufficiently unique. They have a sword, sure, but Robin does too. :P

Regarding your concerns about Bayonetta, I'll bet my soul that you don't need to worry about it. :P
  • coolgamer012345 likes this

#1325 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:21 PM

Yeah, sword like moves! Like... pinning the player to the ground. Or firing projectiles. Or biting at the player. Ya know, things Marth and the other sword fighters do!

While I'm not super thrilled about another FE fighter, Corrin is by no means a Marth clone. Their moves and play style are sufficiently unique. They have a sword, sure, but Robin does too. :P

I'll take a look then when he comes out and see, if I'm wrong, I have no trouble admitting it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users