• Please log in to reply
1077 replies to this topic

#31 Sir Evan

Sir Evan

Adept

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE(Siguy @ Jun 15 2010, 07:32 PM) View Post

Eh, people have been asking for a lot of things from Nintendo which they've never delivered.

These games would like a word with you. Have faith in Nintendo. They seem to have come around this year. Also, I think it would be a nice launch title for the 3DS. It would definitely sell units, and would be a kind of spiritual successor to Super Mario 64 DS. Hell, maybe they'll even include other playable characters like SM64DS as well. icon_razz.gif

#32 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE(Sir Evan @ Jun 15 2010, 10:52 PM) View Post

Hell, maybe they'll even include other playable characters like SM64DS as well. icon_razz.gif

I hope not. icon_frown.gif lol

#33 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:02 PM

I'd like to see another temple (even just a bonus one), as well as more items being available to both ages. I mean, why can't old Link use the boomerang? Why can't Young Link use a bow? It would also be nice to have a few ore sidequests with Young Link. He was left out too often. icon_frown.gif

#34 Eurysilas

Eurysilas

Paladin

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:15 PM

My first response upon seeing this?

"SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS! MY PRAYERS TO HIS NOODLY GOODNESS WERE ANSWERED!".

Of course, if Skyward Sword flops.I may think twice about buying a next-gen Nintendo console, never mind a portable.

#35 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:26 PM

I just wouldn't mind having this for the fact that it would be portable. No more being bored away from home!

#36 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE(Siguy @ Jun 15 2010, 05:32 PM) View Post
Eh, people have been asking for a lot of things from Nintendo which they've never delivered.

Nintendo has made mistakes. So? They've also gotten it right many times. That's why they're the oldest contender in the console video game business and still ticking.

And we have more reason to believe this news report than to disbelieve it. So I'm on board.

QUOTE(Relic @ Jun 15 2010, 07:49 PM) View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't care about new features, or the fact that it'd be presented in 3D. The fact that they'd remake Ocarina of Time on a portable system, not to mention with enhanced visuals like those.. That's all I need for a selling point. Anything else would be more layers of an already delicious cake.

Totally, completely, 100%, absolutely, and in all other ways... agreed.

Give me the remake cake!!... Mmmm, this gives a whole new meaning to "layered cake" as a Zelda analogy.

IPB Image

Mmmm cake....

#37 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:48 AM

Updates:
UPDATE 1 - Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto, showing the "game" off to media during a later briefing, says at this stage it's just a tech demo, but that it may well be developed into a full release at a later date.

First off we have Miyamoto, who's saying the game is, as of right now, nothing more than a tech demo, however, notice that he says that it it may be developed into a full title later. Now, think about it, Miyamoto can't just say whatever he likes, no that's the job of the PR guys. Trust me, this is a topic I know lots ab out, due to this stuff being my job. Miyamoto can't legally confirm the game yet, unless it's a planned confirmation or something.

Now, for the second update, yet again couresty of Kotaku:
UPDATE 2 - Seemingly contradicting this, Nintendo of America's official Twitter account later posted "We're proud to introduce The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D!". Exciting, but we'll take Miyamoto's word over that of a Nintendo of America PR rep.

This time we hear from a PR spokesperson. Whatever Kotaku might say, these guys do have the final word when it comes to what the press should know. This person confirms that they are making the game, and keep in mind that it does not contradict what Miyamoto said. He said there was a chance they might do it, and now this PR spokesperson says that they are. This means that they are, and unless someone comes in and denies it all, that PR spokesperson will get fired. Which is why I doubt he/she would say something like that without meaning it.

So yes, it seems we are getting this game. Cool.

Also, they have updated the screenshots with some more higher quality ones, but they're still not as sharp as for example the MGS game is. I still think this has to do with either the game not being done, or poor image quality.

Blargh.

Source: http://kotaku.com/55...remake/gallery/

#38 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:20 AM

How come almost every time Nintendo releases something I want, I DON'T HAVE THE FLIPPIN' SYSTEM!? The 3DS is going to be EXPENSIVE, much less the game itself.

This better not come out when Pokémon Black comes out, 'cause that is going to be bought first icon_razz.gif.

They should know that when they do this, they are going to have mobs breaking windows, toppling buildings, and a Game War I for a Majora's Mask remake as well icon_shrug.gif.

#39 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:38 AM

Migo: SWEET. Though that link just brought me to the same place as before with the same few screenshots. Am I missing something? :O

Anyways, if Migo is right (which he often is, if I remember correctly), w00t! The awesomeness of this thing can't be matched. I'm beyond excited for this.

Edited by Rem, 16 June 2010 - 09:38 AM.

#40 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:41 AM

It's real guys. Nintendo just added it to their E3 website. Check it out: Click here

Scroll down and click on "Nintendo Games" and a list will pop up. From there you can click on Ocarina of Time and see the same screenshots.

#41 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:03 AM

Yessss!

My life has been made and I can now die happy.

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but seriously. I'm totally stoked.

#42 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:15 AM

I can't say much more, other than "Do ****ing want."

#43 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:34 AM

Guess it's time for a mod to change the Topic Title and Description icon_razz.gif. But anyway, I'm excited for naught, cause I know I won't be able to afford the system, so looks like it will be a long while for me. But once more, Nintendo has no idea what they've gotten themselves into. After all, OoT and MM go hand in hand.

#44 Hawkmask20

Hawkmask20

Junior

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:39 AM

Why would Nintendo try to remake Ocarina of Time it's the best videogame there ever was and it always will be.

WHY DON'T THEY UNDERSTAND THAT!

#45 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE(Hawkmask20 @ Jun 16 2010, 11:39 AM) View Post

Why would Nintendo try to remake Ocarina of Time it's the best videogame there ever was and it always will be.

WHY DON'T THEY UNDERSTAND THAT!

Uh, because it's the best video game there ever was?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users