Photo

NJF vs. The Fall 2015 Expo! (*-*COMPLETED*-*)

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#31 Lejes

Lejes

Seeker of Runes

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:39 PM

"I'm truly in Moosh's anus now." - NJF

• TheLegend_njf and Deedee like this

#32 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 November 2015 - 11:37 AM

NJF Plays TLoZ: Sword of Ruin (revived by Shane & Homura)

default.jpg?v=564610dd

(Duration 1:04:37)

Description:

"She was dying, holding her intestines..... haha... oooh... That's a big graphic!! Like kinda clashing with the art style goin on here... hahaha!! Was she holding her baby or her intestines?! Oh, on her back was her baby.. What? oh god, Link needs therapy!" - NJF @ 6:30

"WOAH, this took a sudden M-rated turn" RedmageAdam @ 7:05

"This is the worst story ever! I casually go to speak to this man, and this is the story he tells me?!?! Yeah, your parents are dead! She was holding her intestines in her hands!!! hahahahaha!!!! Oh my god!!! Hahaha!!! What a hard time this woman had!!!" -  NJF  @ 7:05

""Tell my son to go to the 8 shrines of old Hyrule"... She said this?! She said this while holding her intestines?! hahaha!! She had it all figured out I guess... haha!! It's like she just casually brought this up..." NJF @ 8:15

"Be careful out there! And keep an eye on your intestines, y'hear?" - LejesR @ 11:50

"Somewhere in this dungeon! I wonder where!!!" -  NJF @ 15:35

"DAMN YOU NEWJOURNEYSFLIER!!! Flier? haha! NewJourneysFlier! Yes!!" - NJF @ 16:50

"Okay, that light of judgement!! I guess I was ri.. I guess I was worthy... So it is alr... WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU!?!?" - NJF @ 17:30

"This ice can never melt except from lava apparently" - LejesR @ 13:20

"This Moblin took a cue from Bowser" - LejesR @ 43:00

"Jeeeze, this guy is worse than Castlevania II" - NJF @ 58:50

Link wakes up one day and learns the truth of his past and sets on a brand new quest to avenge his mother's death by defeating Draenethar. 

His quest leads him through a cave where he obtains his sword, he is immediately confronted by a stranger named Abei. He advises Link to travel to Smoldering  Sanctum using an hidden underground passage.

Smoldering Sanctum is a fiery cave full of traps and puzzles currently ruled by a mysterious knight who tells Link to leave. Link ignores the knight's threat and eventually reaches the knight's chamber, who reveals that he is a servant of Draenethar and has orders to eliminate anybody who enters the Sanctum. 

This Knight has armor made of very special properties which changes its defenses over time, while becoming invulnerable to other weapons. Link figures out his weakness and defeats the knight. 

It turns out that the knight was defending the Emblem of Fire, one of the 8 relics that Link will need to defeat Draenethar. This starts him on his quest for all the Emblems.

• Jenny likes this

#33 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:00 PM

Small error in the comment highlights:

"This ice can never melt except from lava apparently" - The time stamp should be around 37:26.

#34 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:47 PM

All my time stamps are a few seconds early, unless they are time stamps in brackets. Usually time stamps that appear like this (1:34) are exact, but anything without brackets is placed a few seconds before the actual quote. 

#35 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:25 PM

All my time stamps are a few seconds early, unless they are time stamps in brackets. Usually time stamps that appear like this (1:34) are exact, but anything without brackets is placed a few seconds before the actual quote. 

He means you placed it at 13:00 when you should have placed it around 37:00. That's a whole 14 minutes early. XD

#36 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:00 PM

He means you placed it at 13:00 when you should have placed it around 37:00. That's a whole 14 minutes early. XD

Oh, oops! How did I manage to do that? I'll have to check it out and fix it. 

Okay, I'm going to be streaming again tonight at either 8:30pm EST or 9:00pm EST

I'd also like to announce that I have two new entries. Take a look at the original post for more details. 

That leaves only 3 entries left and all streaming for this series will be completed. :) But that doesn't mean the Expo streaming is over. Eppy has now started streaming the expo as well. I'm sure this will be exciting because not only will he be streaming two entries that I did not stream, Eppy has a much larger audience than I do, and there's always something exciting happening in his streams. 

• Deedee likes this

#37 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:05 PM

Only problem with Eppy is that he is streaming at midnight. Like, how are half the people who want to watch his stream going to be able to attend?

At least you do it at a reasonable time. :P

#38 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:33 AM

Okay, with tonight's stream done, that is the entire expo finished.

I have been getting requests however to play my own submissions in the expo.

While I was being modest, feeling that playing my own quests would be shameful self promoting, others have noted that not everybody would see it that way, and could see it as me doing a commentary video of the demos. This doesn't sound so bad in my books because even Aevin did a commentary video for his quest and I saw nothing wrong with it. There's no need of me setting different standards for myself.

So I'll ask, how many people would like me to stream my own expo submissions as well? If I feel there is interest in it, I will stream Hero's Redemption and TRIFORCE. 

#39 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 14 November 2015 - 09:17 AM

I would definitely be interested in seeing you stream your own demos.

#40 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 November 2015 - 09:52 AM

Thanks.

If I feel there is enough people interested at this point, I'll do it. But I got the feeling the interest just isn't there right now. Most people seems expo'd out.

#41 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 November 2015 - 02:03 PM

Last night in my stream there was a strong interest for me to include Hero's Redemption and TRIFORCE to the streams and make them my final two streams. Within the chat, this decision seemed to be unanimous among those who were watching. This request was originally made by Dimentio who seemed to have the strongest interest in including these two demos.

I decided I would give it some time before deciding, and also give people time to actually know that I would be streaming this so they could join the stream. But it seems since this stream the interests have died down, probably because last night's excitement, we tend to forget that it is a bit exhausting to watch a stream every single night.

I am making one more post to try and reach out to interest to fulfill Dimentio's request to stream these two quests, but if I feel that the interest is not there anymore I'm just going to skip these two submissions and move on to other projects. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 14 November 2015 - 02:05 PM.

#42 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 14 November 2015 - 02:30 PM

I don't mind either way. Like I said, it's not "selfish" or "arrogant" unless you're like "Hero's Redemption is the best quest! Hero of Dreams is **** in comparison!" or like "All the other demos in the expo are crap compared to this lovely masterpiece". I really don't see the problem in streaming your own quest(s). Same with voting, as long as you're not voting or null voting, you're fine. For the sake of the argument, I'm taking Dimentio's side on this; your two should be played.

• Eddy likes this

#43 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 November 2015 - 02:39 PM

Adam basically nailed it. I don't mind either. I will obvious miss the stream due to time differences but I wouldn't mind seeing your playthrough of your entries through a creator's standpoint.

#44 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 November 2015 - 02:42 PM

I don't mind either way. Like I said, it's not "selfish" or "arrogant" unless you're like "Hero's Redemption is the best quest! Hero of Dreams is **** in comparison!" or like "All the other demos in the expo are crap compared to this lovely masterpiece". I really don't see the problem in streaming your own quest(s). Same with voting, as long as you're not voting or null voting, you're fine. For the sake of the argument, I'm taking Dimentio's side on this; your two should be played.

Well, most people who are arrogant and self serving just don't come right out and say it, they often use more subtle approaches to feed their arrogance. But I know what you're saying. :P

#45 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 November 2015 - 04:08 PM

NJF Plays Adam's Quest Redux (by RedmageAdam)

default.jpg?v=5647a25b

(Duration 1:28:53)

Description:

"wait are you coming on to me?" blaggles @ 4:30

"It's not very hygienic though, it's like I'm fighting with a dirty bone! Imagine if the old man is like "Haha! That's MY bone! See, no leg!!! I got a peg leg!! You're fighting with my bone!!!"" - NJF @ 11:30

"By all means, shittalk me behind my back. Bad publicity is still publicity!" Evan20000 @ 16:45

"I feel sorry for the Stalfos. For all they know, you're beating them to death with part of their brother" - kurt_91 @ 20:15

""The banana tugger who shall not be named"" - Evan20000 @ 26:45

"California Wildfire simulator in ZC" - Evan20000 @ 31:20

"dude, your brother's dead, get over it..." - NJF @ 44:40

"lol, some hero you are!" - RedmageAdam @ 45:10 

"Manhandla got manhandled quickly" - RedmageAdam @ 51:40

"Okay, RedmageAdam's gone. We can talk crap about his quest until he gets back" - kurt_91 @ 56:15 

"Really? That's all I need to get the witch's approval? Witches really don't ask for much to become popular in their culture. Witches all around the world, right!" NJF @ 59:30

ShaneOLO: ive been there (1:01:53)
ShaneOLO: in the strange side of youtube (1:01:58)
ShaneOLO: not a pleasant place (1:02:04)

Adam is given a bone to begin his quest. He must travel around various dungeons to defeat the Big Bad. Fortunately for Adam, he eventually gets a sword. It doesn't take long for Adam to defeat three dungeons. Adam is getting ever closer to the Big Bad. 

• KingPridenia likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users