LP

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#16 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

I've in general enjoyed watching these! icon_smile.gif Fun, fun, fun! I'm glad your playing Puzzle Quest! I think you'll actually enjoy it! icon_smile.gif One thing to remember though- DO NOT GET THE BOOMERANG IN THE FIRST DUNGEON. You need one of the keys to open a room in the second dungeon. Been fun!

-Strike

#17 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

these are amazing

#18 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

Glad you guys are enjoying them, and I'll keep that in mind about Puzzle Quest. icon_smile.gif

I've recorded the first three dungeons of Shamanock, but the parts were long enough that they're in separate videos, which I'll spread out among the next couple days. I stopped between each dungeon because I couldn't find level two and tried to find a help topic, and then for level three I just didn't want a ton of boring footage of me burning every bush ever until I found it, and it turns out each part was long enough to warrant its own video. Well, the level two video is shorter, about 11 minutes, but the other two are around 20 or so. Anyway, part one is up, with the next to follow over the next few days. Not sure if I'll break it up with EverNES somewhere in-between, or keep going until I'm done with the quest. Honestly I'm not sure if I want to finish this one, I'll try to power it through though.

#19 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

If you could prescript your commentary on some of these things, you might really have something here.

#20 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

I would totally do that, except it'd be a bit difficult to script stuff since I'm doing most of these blind. I mean, I could think of possible voice or sound clips to use for specific situations, but for the most part I just want to show off these quests as they happened, with my reactions to them. I'm not sure what I could script anyway. icon_heh.gif

Anyway, Shamanock part two is up, with three to come tomorrow. Gonna have to record more soon...

#21 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

Tropicana Island and The Gate of Kazaar next?

Why does everyone hate may tropicana quest? isnt it challenging to have to dodge and press buttons heaps? i like gameplay hard quests like this and games with overworld play.

My next quest ill probably make breezer quests since thats what people are looking for but its not really what i was liking in a zelda quest.

#22 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

For the record my biggest complaints with Tropicana island were with the visual ugliness and confusing design, not the difficulty.

#23 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

I've been peeking into a few videos now and just wanted to say that I'm enjoying these. icon_smile.gif Some of these quests seem very interesting. X3 Keep it up!

So when're you gonna do Kamala's Tomb? icon_deformed.gif

#24 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

For the record my biggest complaints with Tropicana island were with the visual ugliness and confusing design, not the difficulty.

yeah the design i was boerd with standard quests so i tried something different. And i was trying to learn how to make custom tiles as pure doesnt have all the tiles needed cactuses and grass were hard to draw. and desert tiles were hard to draw also.

but how is it worse than quests made with the original tile set there still worse than my quest.

Edited by tox_von, 13 April 2013 - 08:17 PM.

#25 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE(tox_von @ Apr 13 2013, 07:16 PM) View Post

yeah the design i was boerd with standard quests so i tried something different. And i was trying to learn how to make custom tiles as pure doesnt have all the tiles needed cactuses and grass were hard to draw. and desert tiles were hard to draw also.

See what I think applies to both your work and the various quests being played by TS is that sometimes quest authors need to step back and ask "Is this acceptable?" You say that those tiles were hard to draw and so by acknowledging that it's clear that you realized that they were nowhere near the quality of the tileset you used. I made Link's Quest for the Hookshot a while before I started asking myself this question and so some areas I currently answer "Yes, this is acceptable" and other areas like the blue woods (which is the kind of design your quest reminds me of) I currently say "No, no this is not acceptable."

#26 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

ive been trying to get some tilemaking people to help with tiles but they havent started yet. Might get a graphical update soon.

a lot of the stuff i do is really technical though its hard to get perfect versions. eg with scripts not all the functions exist for what i try to do.same as tiles didnt so i tried to compensate for this.But all the stuff i do has function if not detail.

Edited by tox_von, 13 April 2013 - 09:59 PM.

#27 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

While that's all well and good, this really isn't the place to be discussing your quest and quest design methods at length. That's probably something you should take to another thread. icon_blah.gif

I'm sure Hoff wasn't specifically attempting to call you or your quest out; it's actually the least-rated quest in the database above Mario Quest, so I'm sure he was just assuming I was going from worst to not-as-worst in order. But I'm not doing any quests that are too recent, so rest assured, Tropicana Island won't be in this series for now. icon_wink.gif

#28 Hoff123

Hoff123

The Hoff :)

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:54 AM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Apr 14 2013, 05:03 AM) View Post

While that's all well and good, this really isn't the place to be discussing your quest and quest design methods at length. That's probably something you should take to another thread. icon_blah.gif

I'm sure Hoff wasn't specifically attempting to call you or your quest out; it's actually the least-rated quest in the database above Mario Quest, so I'm sure he was just assuming I was going from worst to not-as-worst in order. But I'm not doing any quests that are too recent, so rest assured, Tropicana Island won't be in this series for now. icon_wink.gif

Yes, that's actually what I meant. I didn't want to sound mean to you or anything, or saying that your quest suck, I just mentioned it because it was right above Mario Quest. And actually I have tried it and I remember having some problems with the wand(to change seasons) and other problems, but I didn't rate it myself.

#29 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

that was because it was made in 192183B before scripting now i made an update version in my topic that fixed that.

#30 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

Part 3's up of Shamanock. Part 4, the last part, will be up tomorrow. I say last because I quit in level 4, it just got that awful. EverNES is next, then Puzzle Quest, and I added Spikes of Doom to the list. Hopefully these won't be as bad as this last quest...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users