• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jambu

Jambu

Junior

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him, They / Them

Posted 29 April 2024 - 08:34 AM

Finally got around to testing my quest.. so many bugs...

So how do I fix following...

When I activate an armos a black square appears?

Warps are sending Link in the top left corner on the next screen?

When I trigger a combo flag it results a black square?

My Custom shutters I cloned from 2.55 example quest are not working: the hero isn't moving 2 tiles into the room?

Edited by Jambu, 29 April 2024 - 08:34 AM.

#2 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 29 April 2024 - 11:17 AM

Armos: You need to set the screen's undercombo. Click on "Screen" at the top, and then click on Undercombo. Set it to the tile that'll appear under Armos.
Warps: You need to set the return square on the screen. At the bottom should be 4 blue squares, A to D, and you need to place the one the warp uses at the place where you want the player to end up.
Combo Flags: You need to set up the secret combo for the flag. "Screen" at the top, then click on Secret Combos. Set the combo for the flag you are using.
Custom Shutters: These use conveyors to push you. Do you have the quest rule "Conveyors work on all layers" or "Conveyors work on layers 1 and 2" checked? If you have either of them checked, are you sure the combo setup is correct?

• Jambu likes this

#3 Jambu

Jambu

Junior

• Members

Posted 29 April 2024 - 12:08 PM

I set that quest rule. My custom shutters work now thanks

edit: How come ganon isn't spawning despite me having him placed as an enemy? (Apparently there is a quest rule I need for that)

Edited by Jambu, 29 April 2024 - 01:32 PM.

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 29 April 2024 - 02:50 PM

To my knowledge, Ganon can't be placed as a regular enemy*. You'll want to set the room type to "Ganon" for him to appear.

*There may be some way of getting him to spawn when placed as a regular enemy, but as he sits near the core of Z1-replicating hard coded ancient ZC jank, it's probably a stupid way and you should just use the room type.

#5 Jambu

Jambu

Junior

• Members

Posted 30 April 2024 - 09:02 AM

So when i start swimming yey, when I exit onto land i'm still swimming and cannot use items or enter caves? Is this a bug?

These are the quest rules I'm using.

HsmXMIv.png

I should mention that this happens with both solid and non solid water.

Edited by Jambu, 30 April 2024 - 09:39 AM.

#6 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 30 April 2024 - 07:25 PM

Have you tried checking "Disable LA_HOPPING"? You definitely want that one on, the hopping action (which traditionally occurs when exiting or entering water) is one of the most broken hacks of a "mechanic" in the entire engine, and is full of bugs that we, despite our best efforts, were *unable* to fix - thus why there's just an option to disable it completely instead.

#7 Jambu

Jambu

Junior

• Members

Posted 30 April 2024 - 08:54 PM

Have you tried checking "Disable LA_HOPPING"? You definitely want that one on, the hopping action (which traditionally occurs when exiting or entering water) is one of the most broken hacks of a "mechanic" in the entire engine, and is full of bugs that we, despite our best efforts, were *unable* to fix - thus why there's just an option to disable it completely instead.

That totally fixed it. Thanks Emily!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users