• Members

Posted 08 April 2007 - 08:59 AM

Shadows of Dawn Demo

This quest runs on 2.10.1

In this Demo you may

*Explore Levels 1 and 2
*Explore the Overworld at night
*Know a bit of the story.

If you experience any bugs PM me immedietly. And you can use the cheats to get through the Bugs but don't cheat through the quest. If you have any questions, go to the Shadows of Dawn thread. Anyway enjoy the quest.

UPDATE: Shadows of Dawn Demo v1.1

http://www.wikiuploa...e.php?id=122889

Just click download and enter the code

EDIT:

Please let me know if you're downloading it.

Few Bugs
* You get warped if you go in front of the Gravestone in Laruto Village at night

Edited by Trimaster001, 11 April 2007 - 05:14 PM.

#2 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 April 2007 - 03:28 PM

This is a truly wonderful quest. I played this demo only til half of Level 2, but will definitely play the full quest. I like your overworld design and the dungeon layout.

I PM you some bugs.

#3 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 08 April 2007 - 05:54 PM

CastChaos:

Did you use any cheats at all?

Was Level 1 pretty bad? (I didn't really like it)

#4 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 08 April 2007 - 06:30 PM

Most of your screens have too many enemies and not enough walking room. It's also wise to refrain from using traps in the early levels when Link's max HP is so low.

And why the hell did you color Link's hands blue?

#5 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 08 April 2007 - 06:40 PM

Sharon Daniel

I agree. I'm working on that. The traps are predictible and pretty easy to dodge and Link is wearing blue gauntlets.

TO EVERYONE

Please confirm that you've gotten through Level 2.

Edited by Trimaster001, 08 April 2007 - 06:44 PM.

#6 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 08 April 2007 - 07:15 PM

I played it. I got into level 2, never finished it. I must say though, pretty good. I liked the sidescrolling areas too. Good job. The only thing I don't like about it is how jumpy it is at the beginning. It's like, woah, I'm in the forest, and then suddenly, wow, I'm some strange land, then all of the sudden, I'm in some castle's dungeon. Nothing to bad about that factor though. I just don't like it. I don't really expect you to change it around as that would screw up the map too much. 4.4 stars. Good job.

Edited by Nuvo, 08 April 2007 - 07:27 PM.

#7 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 08 April 2007 - 07:33 PM

Hey thanks for the replies. It's back to work again. There's going to be another demo. Shadows of Dawn Demo v2.0 with fixed bugs and going from levels 1-4.

#8 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 08 April 2007 - 08:18 PM

I cant acess the download. Anyone know whats wrong with it? Cause i really want to play this quest.

#9 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 08 April 2007 - 08:21 PM

Try again, I just fixed it.

#10 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 08 April 2007 - 10:11 PM

DLing as we speak. Hope it rocks hard icon_kawaii.gif

#11 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 08 April 2007 - 10:36 PM

I finished levels 1 and 2 and had no problems. The end of the demo worked perfectly for me.
I liked the way level 1 was made. There was alot of enemies but once you get the boomerang it was kinda easy to get past them.
I agree with Sharon about the traps but I rather get by traps easily in the early levels than to get frustrated and die at the beginning of the game. Well done Trimaster001!
I'm looking forward to playing more of this quest.
icon_thumbsup.gif

ms_zelda_lady

#12 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 09 April 2007 - 12:46 AM

Got to Level 2... this is looking really good, especially for your first quest. I really like it. A couple of things I'd suggest looking into though are some of your strings. One thing I noticed that was really weird that was Link said "we're", but he was alone. Check for things like that.

#13 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:13 AM

I'm gonna start playing it now, but I do have one criticism right off the bat:

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever build a quest in 2.10.1 or 2.10.2. 2.10's Zquest works just fine, most of the 2.10 bugs are in the player. There is no reason to ever build the quest in that version, as it means that people who didn't have it before have to download it now, so it's incompatible with the 2.10 player if people are using that one. In fact, I don't really know why the devs even included ZQ in the download for it...

EDIT: Finished the demo. I would give it 3 stars, and 1 more star for being your first quest. My main problem is that the areas are far too linear. You just don't have that feeling of exploration that you should have. I also noticed that you are using NES dungeon Dmaps, which would normally be fine, except you have rooms with open walls. It looks bad when Link has to walk 3 tiles into every room without the player having control, and there are a few places where Link can get stuck. Just saying... Also, there are numerous graphic issues. Like the large torches in level 1, and the "PureZC" logo in the intro. The selection of music is terrible, as well. On the standpoint of writing, the dialogue sucks. Period. For the most part, the story is cheesy and Link sounds like a total idiot.

But all in all, a nice bit of amusement.

Edited by Revfan9, 09 April 2007 - 04:53 AM.

#14 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:29 AM

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever build a quest in 2.10.1 or 2.10.2. 2.10's Zquest works just fine, most of the 2.10 bugs are in the player. There is no reason to ever build the quest in that version, as it means that people who didn't have it before have to download it now, so it's incompatible with the 2.10 player if people are using that one. In fact, I don't really know why the devs even included ZQ in the download for it...

Is that so. Well I can use the 2.5 alpha to convert it to 2.10.

Finished the demo. I would give it 3 stars, and 1 more star for being your first quest. My main problem is that the areas are far too linear. You just don't have that feeling of exploration that you should have. I also noticed that you are using NES dungeon Dmaps, which would normally be fine, except you have rooms with open walls. It looks bad when Link has to walk 3 tiles into every room without the player having control, and there are a few places where Link can get stuck. Just saying... Also, there are numerous graphic issues. Like the large torches in level 1, and the "PureZC" logo in the intro. The selection of music is terrible, as well. On the standpoint of writing, the dialogue sucks. Period. For the most part, the story is cheesy and Link sounds like a total idiot.

Well you can't impress everyone. If YOU were making this quest what would you you suggest. Anyway about the story, there's going to be more action later on. And you have to realize GRAPHICS DON'T MATTER!!!.

Got to Level 2... this is looking really good, especially for your first quest. I really like it. A couple of things I'd suggest looking into though are some of your strings. One thing I noticed that was really weird that was Link said "we're", but he was alone. Check for things like that.

Yeah I know it's a little sluggish. I can probably fix it on v2.0. And we're appears only once becasue he says "Looks like we're not in Hyrule anymore." it's supposed to be a joke.

Upcoming Demos:

v1.5 Level's 1-3 + 3 Side Side Dungeons
v2.0 Level's 1-4 + 4 Side Dungeons

Edited by Trimaster001, 09 April 2007 - 07:35 AM.

#15 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:38 AM

YES THEY DO!!!!! People mix that up all the time. Graphics play a very large role in a game. However, they don't make the entire game. That's been slung around gaming forums a lot lately, and the common misconception is that they don't matter at all.

Graphics are representative. If, say, the area was a desert, you couldn't put the letter "A" everywhere and call it sand. In order to convey to the player properly, the player needs to be able to know exactly what everything is. Graphics also add appeal. Great Graphics don't make a great game, but it does give the player something nice to look at. An already great game + great graphics added = an even greater game due to the added, sensual appeal. Same thing with music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users