Gay marriage now legal in the US

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:33 PM

I am neutral on the whole subject. My main concern is that this ruling is not weaponized and used to attack churches or other non-profits.

edit: this is no longer my opinion and I think it's a fantastic thing that needs to be protected at all costs. at the time of this post originally I was brainwashed by said churches which is no longer the case.

#17 LinkFan212

LinkFan212

EVERYDAY is a BIG DAY

• Members

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:42 PM

Because of the rules, and I don't want to risk getting a warning, I'm not going to go hardcore Christian on you all. But I want to say that I personally believe all of it is wrong. I don't care if you all think I'm the most judgmental now, but God does say in the Bible that it is wrong. As a very strong believer, I go on his side. Though everyone is equal, this is wrong. I'm on the side of truth, and that is where I belong. Gay and lesbians should not be able to have the right because America has a Christian related start (Says it some where...I know it).

Think of me different you may, but this is my opinion and I stand tall with it. God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

• SyrianBallaS and TheRock like this

#18 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:47 PM

Seen it on reddit this morning, I can say finally. Its about time. bonus though maybe my sister will shut up about gay marriage stuff. I get sick of her shoving it down my throat.

(edit)

(I imagine this thread getting locked soonish)

Edit#2 

Yeah this I made it time to see this topic get locked lol

Edited by Ventus, 26 June 2015 - 04:14 PM.

#19 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:48 PM

The entire reason America was founded was so that religion wouldn't control the government.  Separation of church and state is in the constitution.

• Logos likes this

#20 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:49 PM

Because of the rules, and I don't want to risk getting a warning, I'm not going to go hardcore Christian on you all. But I want to say that I personally believe all of it is wrong. I don't care if you all think I'm the most judgmental now, but God does say in the Bible that it is wrong. As a very strong believer, I go on his side. Though everyone is equal, this is wrong. I'm on the side of truth, and that is where I belong. Gay and lesbians should not be able to have the right because America has a Christian related start (Says it some where...I know it).

Think of me different you may, but this is my opinion and I stand tall with it. God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."
--John Adams

Also, the first 16 words of the first amendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

• 4matsy, Rambly, Russ and 8 others like this

#21 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:03 PM

There is also no ruleset of the Christians. There are stories in a book to guide you in life.

You have every right to believe what you want, but questioning what you know and learn leads you to a higher understanding.

• 4matsy likes this

#22 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:07 PM

In my honest opinion I think being gay is like being an alcohlic. You have a high chance of being alcoholic but can choose not to. Same with being gay. I don't really care how people choose to live their lives, may Allah help you all. (God is just a word for us, it is transliterated as rub)

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."
--John Adams

Also, the first 16 words of the first amendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

Congress broke the first amendment. Plus the Republicans in the House and Senate (if you do nothing you are just as guilty) have no idea what conservatism actually is. P.S: I'm Moderate

Edited by SyrianBallaS, 26 June 2015 - 04:10 PM.

#23 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:11 PM

While I have had a not very pleasant past with a certain homosexual, I can say that I am glad that that this is legal now, and that while certain governments might still find it disgusting, It is a choice of lifestyle (I know others are going to say it's something you are born with, but no. You can still chose to be heterosexual despite homosexual urges (which are not a choice), so that makes it a choice), and I believe freedom of choice is somewhere in one of the amendments. If not, then they are still human, and thus should have all the rights of any other human being. And yes, while I am Christian, I believe somewhere in the bible Jesus himself said something along the lines of "treat everybody equally". Yes, Jesus himself said not to prosecute people who are different, and because my religion has him as one of the 2 main deities, and him being the son of God, and him sacrificing himself to save us all from eternal damnation, I think I will listen to him.

I hope this post does not offend anyone or come across as too hostile, as it was not intended as such. I am just pointing out why I, despite being a Christian, agree with the decision to legalize gay marriage.

Wow, you sure posted cringe, 2015 me. Agnostic instead of Christian now; also at least two of the letters of LGBT; and no longer believe it's a choice.

Edited by Deedee, 08 October 2023 - 08:07 PM.

• SyrianBallaS likes this

#24 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:14 PM

Don't worry man, there were actually two posts that offended me earlier but I don't really whine like a little bitch. Keep it real.

Edited by SyrianBallaS, 26 June 2015 - 04:15 PM.

• Deedee likes this

#25 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:18 PM

Don't worry man, there were actually two posts that offended me earlier but I don't really whine like a little bitch. Keep it real.

It's not that, it's just that every time I post in one of these controversial topics, I tend to get either get a warning from the staff, or a couple warning points. I really don't want to get a probation anytime soon :P

• SyrianBallaS likes this

#26 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:19 PM

but God does say in the Bible that it is wrong.

Allow me to correct a misconception here. God does not say it is wrong in the Bible, actually. The subject is addressed 4 times in the Bible. Once in Leviticus, in a section of laws that no sane man would uphold today, which bans anal sex between two men and nothing else (threesomes and lesbian sex/voyeurism is allowed in that same chapter as long as the women aren't related). It's brought up three times in the New Testament, all by Paul. Two of these (1 Corinthians and 2 Timothy) are in reference to homosexual prostitutes and catamites, while the third (Romans) is in regards to Roman temple orgies. Regardless of your view on what the Bible says about homosexuality, God nowhere claims it is wrong.
  • ShadowTiger, Magi_Hero, Shane and 2 others like this

#27 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:19 PM

From an objective point of view, I did not find it offensive. I am actually fasting in this time of Ramadan.

Example: The Islamic priests say that smoking weed is against Allah's will, yet it is nowhere in the hadith of the Messenger of Allah and Qur'an. The fact of being gay is not against Allah's will if that is truly how you were born. The only thing about gays (one passage only out like 600+) was that the Prophet Loot was trying to get people to stop their dirty ways (not from being gay, from being dirty), then the people ostracized him and his companions. I guess some people have a grudge against that for something that happened so long ago it's ancient history.

Let's get out of the past and focus on the future.

Edited by SyrianBallaS, 26 June 2015 - 04:24 PM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#28 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:23 PM

Just so everyone knows, you can be attracted to both women and men.  It's called bisexuality.  What did you think the B in LGBT stands for?  Because it's not bacon. :blah:

• Magi_Hero, Jared, SyrianBallaS and 1 other like this

#29 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:24 PM

I think most people think like you, but for fear of being branded as homophobic say otherwise or are silent, anyway Steve and Adam would been less harmful to the planet ( because once they are dead... )

• strike and SyrianBallaS like this

#30 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:24 PM

I'm so happy to hear this. Unfortunately legislation doesn't stop hatred, but this is an amazing step in the right direction.

• Magi_Hero, Rambly, Orithan and 5 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users