Photo

Pure ZC: Dunce Attorney - Back in session!

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#46 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:15 PM

Apollo_Head_Shake.gif

It's not a matter of not being able to control the flames. If the defendant were to have killed the victim using flames, he would have had no choice but to let them reach incredibly high temperatures. Any temperature capable of killing the victim instantly would have burned down the house, therefore, the murder could not have take place inside the house.

#47 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:36 PM

2692360718_61725e93a1.jpg

AHA! YOU PLAYED DIRECTLY INTO MY TRAP ROOKIE!

I have scientific evidence proving that these temperatures to cause burns are false! The temperature that water boils at is a low 100 degrees celsius! It is there for perfectly possible and is the case that Renigald is the murderer!

#48 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:15 PM

medium_phoenix_wright_objection_.gif

I think you've just made the mistake of confusing heat for thermal energy. 100 degree Celsius fire would boil water, but you would need a lot of it over an extended period of time to do so, whereas the death of the victim was instant. Once again, Reginald would have been unable to commit the murder.

#49 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:29 AM

Instant you say? How do you know...

That's it I've solved the murder! YOU KILLED HIM! OTHERWISE YOU WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO KNOW HIS DEATH WAS INSTANT!

#50 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:57 AM

Sorry, but...

Takethat.gif

Apollo_and_Document_2.gif

I'd like to direct the court to the autopsy report, as provided by the prosecution earlier

Victim: Tobias

Time of death: 3:00 PM-4:00 PM

Murder weapon: Flaming Stick.

Cause of death: Burned to death. Death was instantaneous

Now, if that's your last objection, I'd like to bring the court's attention back to the issue of the location of the murder, so we can actually make some progress with this case.

#51 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:57 AM

Very well. I don't see the point in dawdling around about what temperature water boils at, so I guess that we can get back to the case at ha- It appears that Wonka the Chesnaught has come to testify about the whereabouts of when the murder took place.

Witness Testimony:
Where Tobias croaked:

"I was taking a stroll down to 9 Kalos Avenue to meet my friend, Tobias, to offer him support over being ripped off by Reginald. To make travel faster, I took a shortcut through the Lumiose nature trail. My short legs don't do any favours for travelling. Not far from Kalos avenue; I caught the smell of some smoke that smelt like a frog on the grill, shortly followed by the pungent smell of charcoal - a perfume which I know Reginald is skilled at dispersing by himself. The smell came from behind a plot of tall grass, which I slowly trudged through.
When I finally made it through the grass, which seemed to be devoid of other pokemon because of the fire, I saw a patch of bare ground where the smoke of grilled frog lingered. I feared the worst for Tobias, which was only confirmed when I finally made it to his house to see the police pull out his charred body from his house."

Witness cross-examination begin!

#52 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

OBJECTION!

Burned to death. Death was instantaneous

This goes against the laws of physics!

#53 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:37 AM

After some thinking, I've decided that that Reginald must have killed the victim at a different location, like the defence suggests. So after cross-examining the witness, Defence, do enlighten us about where you think the murder happened.

klavier-normal%28a%29.gif

#54 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

Apollo_Justice%27s_cut_in.PNG

Klavier_Gavin%27s_Cut-in.PNG

Holdit.gif

This patch of bare ground when you saw the fire... about how far from the house was it?

#55 Orithan

Orithan

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

"It was approximately 500 metres from the house."

Edited by Orithan, 16 December 2013 - 04:10 PM.

#56 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:30 PM

Five hundred meters... so in other words, it was close enough that, immediately after the murder, the killer could have moved the victim's body into the house and made his getaway rather quickly. If the body had been left where it lay in the fields, the burnt grass would have immediately made us aware that the killer must have been burned too, so by moving the body, the killer was able to hide this fact, shifting the blame onto Reginald.

The defense requests a thorough investigation of the actual murder location. It's highly likely that we can find evidence pointing to the actual killer there.

#57 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:06 PM

The prosecution has no objection, as I'm curious about this new murder location as well.

Edited by Goriya, 16 December 2013 - 08:06 PM.

#58 Orithan

Orithan

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:11 AM

Hm'umh. It appears that the investigation team has arrived with a diagram of the actual murder scene:

ZwzVTLb.png

Unfortunately, the detectives' computer ran into technical difficulties with processing burnt terrain while producing this and apologies very much for it. If you wonder, the area with the bare ground is the burnt area. The white outline is where the detectives determined the position of Tobias when he fell dead.

Edited by Orithan, 17 December 2013 - 07:12 AM.

#59 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

There's not really a logical way you can go from there to get to the house, if you're burnt and carrying a dead 40kg POKéMON. Upwards is into a load of trees, and south is into tall grass, where they would be attacked again and again. Were many dead or fainted bodies found around here? If so, how were they incapacitated. If not, then we should check the trees and grass for signs of what type of POKéMON was there. Then we know what way he went. Whether he went directly to the house or round a longer way.

Also, a 39kg POKéMON like Delphox would leave footprints. Can we see any footprints? If not, then we have either a really light POKéMON, or a POKéMON with Levitate, or a flying-type POKéMON.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users