Annoying Things People Say/Do.

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#1 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 31 October 2015 - 03:16 PM

In other words, what are things people say or do that annoy you?  Also known as Venting:  The Thread.

Spawned by these.

They should make another one about people saying Best/Favorite X of The Year/All Time.  Such baseless statements imply the person who said such statements have experienced all X from the beginning of time/the current year, to the end of time/end of the year, and was able to pick out a favorite, even though that's simply impossible.

Edited by Koh, 31 October 2015 - 03:18 PM.

#2 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 31 October 2015 - 03:21 PM

I'm annoyed when you're going through a rough time and someone has to say something like "oh well my day was worse" like please it's not a contest

• Neppy, Demonlink and Dark Ice Dragon like this

#3 Golden Guardian

Golden Guardian

• Members

Posted 31 October 2015 - 03:25 PM

One thing that really gets on my nerves is when there's complete silence for less than a minute, yet someone finds it in them to say "Awkwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard". Really? Was it that awkward? The room was quiet for 7 seconds, just because no one is saying anything doesn't make it awkward, it makes it quiet. 

Oh, also, when someone says "No offense, but..." right before a completely offensive statement. That might even be worse. 

Edited by Golden Warrior, 31 October 2015 - 03:25 PM.

• Neppy, Tree and Cukeman like this

#4 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 31 October 2015 - 03:33 PM

In response to the Stop Saying "I'm So Broke." video; I believe there's a difference between being "broke" and being "poor". I could be wrong, but my mom always told me that "We're not poor, we're broke."

As for the Stop Saying "It Ruined My Childhood." one, I completely agree there. Something you witness as an adult cannot ruin your childhood, especially if it's just some stupid drawing or fan theory about a cartoon you watched as a kid, or something along those lines.

---

As for me, I just hate people who are so superficial, and openly nitpick about other people's appearances. I get that we are all attracted to different things, but some people are just disgusting with how much they care about looks. "She's alright looking, but she's flat." Yeah, so? Do you think she can help that? Do you honestly think she'd look better with plastic in her chest? Fuck you.

... I'm sorry. I'm getting a little angry just thinking about this kind of thing. My ex was a lot like this.

• Neppy, Erdrick, KingPridenia and 1 other like this

#5 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 31 October 2015 - 04:24 PM

both "i'm so broke" and "they ruined..." are unbearable

as for me I hate when people criticize what I eat , at the restaurant i was eating fish and a girl told me something like " I do not eat the fish , poor fish...fishing is cruel..."

But let me live! i can decide what eat or not  ?! and then she was eating a steak!

Edited by Dark Ice Dragon, 31 October 2015 - 04:26 PM.

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#6 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 31 October 2015 - 08:39 PM

"No offense" - I really hate that phrase with a passion. To me, just say what you're going to say and don't sugar coat it with "No offense" because you ARE trying to offend.

Most of the kids that work at the grocery store I do. They only have to work 4 freaking hours standing behind a cash register. Yet despite how simple and easy their job is, they complain and whine about being so sore and tired. I'm overweight and I'm on my feet NINE freaking hours a day on my longer days, up to FOUR DAYS IN A ROW. I do a lot more physically demanding tasks, but you see me crying about my feet hurting or being tired? Hell no. I have a good bit of excess weight and I'm not even that active yet I work my nine hour days without whining about being in pain. I'd love to see any of those lightweight crybabies do my job; they wouldn't make it an hour. Not to mention I would love to see them push 6-8 large carts at once BY HAND. I do it twice a week on a nine hour long day, and for three days a week an average of five hours a day. Don't tell me about "hard work" if all you have to do is scan and bag items 4 hours a day. It makes me sick.

Lastly, when people have a phone glued to their ear and talk loudly, then have the nerve to tell you to "Mind your own business". Seriously? You're practically shouting at whoever you're talking to and you're going to get offended because you think someone is in your business?

• Dark Ice Dragon likes this

#7 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 31 October 2015 - 09:00 PM

I am, in fact, very broke right now. What am I supposed to say; that I am momentarily monetarily challenged? It's not that someone actually is broke, or says they are broke. The problem I have is when someone that obviously has a large income uses that term because they decided to buy a new car this month. I seriously want to fucking kill every last one of you bastards. D: ...My sister makes more than everyone else in my family (she's a banker) and will say that she's broke all the time. Oh really? How many shoes did you buy today? $%#@.
  • jerome likes this

#8 Joey2216

Joey2216

Junior

• Members

Posted 31 October 2015 - 09:15 PM

When I'm in public with someone who has a annoying ringtone on and won't set it to vibrate. No one wants to hear that.
  • Mr. Z likes this

#9 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 31 October 2015 - 09:29 PM

I feel like adding onto the subject of Stop Saying "I'm So Broke". 

My family and I are actually temporarily living in a trailer park right now as sort of a downsizing experiment, but also as a method of saving money for our dream home that we are going to build on a plot of land we bought, and I was incredibly upset about the prospect at first. I felt pathetic that we had to live in a place like this, even if it was only for a short while, but as we started filling the mobile home with various expensive things such as a HUGE HDTV and several other smaller HDTVs, video game consoles, an expensive gaming PC, (to be fair, my cousin gave that to my little brother, so we didn't spend a dime on it), nice furniture and an RV in our driveway, I thought to myself, "Man, we really aren't that bad..." Then, my brother made friends with a boy who lives in the trailer park. This kid has been living here for a few years, and hardly has anything nice. He told us that he spent his 8th birthday in a homeless shelter, and I'm complaining that I have to live in a mobile home filled with nice things, and temporarily at that??

To be fair, we are struggling financially, and we're trying to make money in various ways, but compared to some of the people that live here? We're very well off. I need to stop complaining... 

Edited by Tree, 31 October 2015 - 09:29 PM.

• Nathaniel and Logos like this

#10 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 31 October 2015 - 10:28 PM

Most of my pet peeves involve other people in busy situations.

1. Don't walk slowly on the sidewalk with your friends so that you block the entire pathway. If you see me coming the other direction, go single file for a few seconds instead of forcing me into the street or somebody's lawn.
2. Don't stop at the end of an escalator! This is incredibly dangerous.
3. Don't text and drive. Don't drink and drive.
4. If you're a cyclist, don't bike the wrong direction in a bike lane: you're just asking for trouble.
5. Let people off the bus/train before you get on the bus/train.
  • strike, Jared and Joelmacool like this

#11 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 31 October 2015 - 10:34 PM

• Please don't stand in front of the door, or places people need to get to.
  • Stop riding bikes, etc. on the pathway.
  • Quit saying gross things while I eat.
  • Seriously stop saying dark disturbing crap while I'm trying to relax.
  • Racism, sexism, bigotry. It needs to go.
  • No, trying to use "no offense" when you type something offensive after it will not soften the blow. 
  • Stop saying "not to complain but..." and then complain.
  • Quit being negative all the time. Please stop saying we can't sugarcoat things. Does a bit of positivity really hurt you.
  • Just stop using the word "overrated" in a negative light to degrade something a lot of people happen to like or once did.
  • Please stop the console wars. They're childish.
  • Quit trying to represent the fanbase. "No one ever wanted this game, damn it!" please stop that.

All the things that come to mind. I'm guilty of a few of these things (mainly "no offense" and "not to complain") but yeah.

Edit: Updated post.

• nicklegends, Eddy, Tree and 1 other like this

#12 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 31 October 2015 - 11:07 PM

Oh yeah, racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia and general hatred and discrimination for people who are different is also an annoying thing people do. Just a we bit, though.

• Shane, Jared and Erdrick like this

#13 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 01 November 2015 - 08:50 AM

People who say "I'm just saying" as a way to justify being rude.

#14 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:28 AM

I actually would like to defend "no offense." Sometimes I tell people things that could be interpreted as offensive with no intention to be negative towards them. Like if I'm friends with someone and they really stink for some reason. I would probably say something like, " dude, no offense but you actually really stink, just wanting to let you know." I mean if I'm someone's friend isn't it kind of my obligation to tell them stuff like that sometimes? When I say no offense I honestly mean no offense.

-Strike

#15 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:37 AM

One thing that will always bother me (at best) is when people decide that touching me is okay. I'm not even okay with people I know and trust touching me in any way, let alone some complete stranger (aside from the occasional handshake, and even then I'm not too thrilled).  Example - there was a guy at work who wanted my attention and decided that it was okay to grab hold of my arm. I pulled myself away immediately because that's just not cool and made me really uncomfortable. Obviously that's a bit more extreme, but even smaller scale stuff really really bothers me. You don't need to touch me to get my attention. Seriously, a simple 'excuse me' works miracles. It's astonishing how many people don't understand this. ._.

In a similar vein, you don't need to be directly in my face when talking to me. Just back off a little, give me a little space and we're cool. I'll usually back off and they'll get the idea, but there are folks who will just step closer when I back off. It's seriously uncomfortable to have someone that close. I don't get why some folks think they need to be that close to talk to me. >_>

Anyway, those are my two. There's some others, but they've already been posted so I won't bother repeating. :P

• Tree, Evan20000, SkyLizardGirl and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users