Hurricane Katrina

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
89 replies to this topic

#31 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 31 August 2005 - 11:50 AM

Uhg, my local news is kinda annoying... The ***** about three inches of water downtown, and they think it is so bad... Well, southern Louissana is under 12 feet of water!

Is kinda of offensive... Well, I also saw that gas has passed the three dollar mark once again down there... Man that must suck...

#32 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 31 August 2005 - 01:19 PM

Oh my god ...

I just heard that they found a OIL DERRICK washed up on the shore. ... ... An oil rig! That's freaking BIG, people! icon_eek.gif

The shores have risen forty miles north of where they were previously, and many lakes are now bays. Goodness. ._.'

#33 Top Kirby

Top Kirby

Doyen(ne)

• Banned

Posted 31 August 2005 - 01:35 PM

Yeesh, Katrina has really remodeled the whole Gulf Coast forever. ;-;

Lets just hope most of the citizens are safe and away from the mess. It's gonna be years before things are even remotely normal again.

#34 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 31 August 2005 - 02:43 PM

It says on the SBC page that it can be up to 4 months before they can return. icon_thumbsdown.gif

#35 Top Kirby

Top Kirby

Doyen(ne)

• Banned

Posted 31 August 2005 - 04:28 PM

That is horrible....well there is so much damage everywhere it's no wonder. I certainly hope all the people still alive down there are getting all the help and supplies that they need.

#36 Dete

Dete

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:16 PM

icon_frown.gif This is sad...I hope the people down there are as safe as can be...4 months? That's just awful!

#37 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:18 PM

lol, Lake Orlean.

icon_worried.gif

#38 Dete

Dete

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:25 PM

That's funny...but not for the people who had lived there...

#39 Top Kirby

Top Kirby

Doyen(ne)

• Banned

Posted 01 September 2005 - 12:34 AM

I don't think that's funny at all. A lot of people are going through hell and we shouldn't be making humor out of their situation.....what if we were in their shoes and they laughed and made fun of us at our situation?

#40 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 September 2005 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE(Top Kirby @ Aug 31 2005, 10:34 PM)
I don't think that's funny at all.  A lot of people are going through hell and we shouldn't be making humor out of their situation.....what if we were in their shoes and they laughed and made fun of us at our situation?

I agree with you. It seems in these situations some people can't stand thinking of all the trauma that has been caused and so try to divert their attention from it by making something "funny." This situation is really not funny. At this point, many are wondering whether it is even worth it to rebuild the city. Isn't that a freakish thought? It's like a big, giant eraser just erased a city!

Scary.

#41 Top Kirby

Top Kirby

Doyen(ne)

• Banned

Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:22 AM

I know, and the death toll continues to rise. ;-;

But something good happened as all of my friends down there are safe. I found out from one of my online friends. ^_^
Thank god for that.

#42 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 01 September 2005 - 03:15 PM

Not as good for AGN though. Fiyerstorm of AGN, hasn't been heard of since the incident. :\ He lives in NO, goes to NO University, and ... well, ... Just IS in New Orleans. :\

I heard he was sent to Texas to avert the disaster. AGN members are giving him funds anonymously to assist him in whatever he needs to return to what we can only hope is normality.

#43 Top Kirby

Top Kirby

Doyen(ne)

• Banned

Posted 01 September 2005 - 03:44 PM

Well, I shall pray for Fiyerstorm and the rest of the residents of New Orleans.

I swear if I had money, I would contribute and send it out there to those people. Infact maybe there are some clothes I can give them.....I'm gonna go through them. I want to do something for these people. ;-;

#44 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:27 PM

Words don't describe what has been happening in New Orleans, other parts of Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama. It will probably take more than 4 months to get people back to New Orleans. I doubt that the city will ever completely recover from the hurricane. It is easy to suggest that people do this and people do that for those still stuck there, but it is impossible to do everything that should be done quickly. Of course the effort could be better, but it will never be effective enough no matter how much effort is put into it. Thousands are dying, although it is very difficult to say what the death toll will be. Many people are very sad and angry, which is to be expected, and you can't argue with them, and it would be wrong to do so.

Today I did the first thing to contribute. I donated blood to the Red Cross. Of course I have been a regular donor for years, and I made the appointment prior to having any knowledge of this hurricane coming, but I am glad to help out in ways that I can. This blood donation is not much, but I hope it will make a difference in somebody's life, whether it is for someone who has been affected by the hurricane, or someone whose life is at stake in general. Whatever you do, whoever is reading this, I urge you to make a contribution in some way, for what you give up is needed less by you than those who are greatly affected by this tragedy.

#45 Top Kirby

Top Kirby

Doyen(ne)

• Banned

Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:48 PM

Ya know donating blood is also another great idea. I may consider doing that as well. I got a lot of clothes so I'm definetely gonna start sorting out ones to send out to New Orleans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users