Photo

Need help with Legend of Zelda: Ages

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Undaunt

Undaunt

• Members

Posted 13 October 2007 - 11:24 AM

I know this quest is pretty old, but hopefully someone here has beaten it. I'm stuck with Level 5. I've been to the dungeon both past and present. In the past, there is a room with an up and down staircase that I can't reach. In the present, there is a room with musical notes on the floor. There is also a room with a Digdogger in it. Seems obvious I need the ocarina/flute/whistle/recorder (whichever), but I can't find the darn thing.

There would also seem to be a bigger money bag or wallet in this quest as well (for the high priced Silver Arrows, Keys, Magic Key, and Book). Can't find that either.

Here is my equipment if it helps:

Magic Boomerang, Bombs (16 capacity), Bow & Arrows, Blue Candle, Enemy Bait, Letter, Raft, Ladder, Blue Ring, Power Bracelet, White Sword, Mirror Shield, and 13 Heart Containers total. Plus the Triforce pieces for Levels 1 through 4.

Please help; this is driving me crazy! icon_biggrin.gif

Undaunt

#2 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 14 October 2007 - 02:17 AM

Oh boy, it's been a long time since I last played this game....

The Ocarina is in the present portion of Lv5. There's a room with a Gohma on the western part of the second floor. Kill the Gohma to get the whistle.

The big money bag is at the Past time. A few screens south of the Lv5 entrance there is a huge tower, The Tower of Molblins. The money bag can be found from there.

#3 Undaunt

Undaunt

• Members

Posted 14 October 2007 - 03:05 PM

That's odd though. The room you speak of has a Digdogger in it, not a Gohma.... Which is why I'm stuck since I need the whistle to kill the Digdogger....

I think the problem is I'm running this in 2.10 and not 1.90....

Thanks for the help.

#4 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 14 October 2007 - 10:21 PM

Agh, yeah... you are screwed now. icon_frown.gif You are playing with the wrong version. ZC 2.10 is a bad and buggy piece of crap. icon_frown.gif

Ages and other classics should be only played with ZC 1.90 of ZC 1.92.

#5 Undaunt

Undaunt

• Members

Posted 25 October 2007 - 05:15 PM

Got 1.92, just beat Ages.

Thanks for the help Peteo. Quest was fun.

Undaunt

#6 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 26 October 2007 - 09:45 AM

Ah, glad someone enjoys my very first quest. Thanks for playing! ^_^

#7 Ricky of Kokiri

Ricky of Kokiri

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:21 PM

Heh, I'm stuck in level five as well. I've gotten the flute, and used it in the room with the notes to go through the block puzzle and get the key, but I'm stuck as to where to go now. I've been going in circles (almost literally). How do I continue through the dungeon?

(And, yikes. I knew there was a serious continue bug issue with 2.10 [I learned that with Mr. Z's Link's Birthday DX, so I'm being careful with what versions I'm using, but I didn't know it screwed with the enemies as well! Ouch.)

(Oh, and off-topic a tad, but your MegaMan quest was fantastic! I'd leave a comment in the quest page itself, but I can't seem to find the "add comment" button. >_>)

#8 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 03 November 2007 - 01:43 AM

At the northern end of Lv5 there is a waterfall. Have you gotten there yet? Shoot the crystal to reveal a door behind the waterfall, go through, then in the next room bomb the cracked blocks to find a hidden staircase. The rest should be easy to figure out.

And you can only comment and rate quests after you have posted 10 times. icon_wink.gif

#9 Ricky of Kokiri

Ricky of Kokiri

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 03 November 2007 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Nov 3 2007, 01:43 AM) View Post

At the northern end of Lv5 there is a waterfall. Have you gotten there yet? Shoot the crystal to reveal a door behind the waterfall, go through, then in the next room bomb the cracked blocks to find a hidden staircase. The rest should be easy to figure out.
And you can only comment and rate quests after you have posted 10 times. icon_wink.gif

Well, I've gotten to the room with the waterfall, but I'm on the wrong side- I enter from the left-hand door to get the key, but then there's a row of blocks in my way, so I can't actually get to the waterfall itself. That's where I'm stuck- how do I get to the right-hand door?

Need to post ten times? Didn't know that. Thanks!

#10 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 04 November 2007 - 01:24 AM

To get to the waterfall, you need to drop down from the room that is above the screen with the waterfall. Before the blank info room at the northern end of Floor 2 there is a big hole on the floor. Just step onto it to drop down. icon_smile.gif

#11 Ricky of Kokiri

Ricky of Kokiri

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 10 November 2007 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Nov 4 2007, 01:24 AM) View Post

To get to the waterfall, you need to drop down from the room that is above the screen with the waterfall. Before the blank info room at the northern end of Floor 2 there is a big hole on the floor. Just step onto it to drop down. icon_smile.gif

Wow, I'm being so stupid with this level. Gah.

I can't figure out how to get to the northern end of Floor 2. I've gotten the flute, used it in the room with notes to get to the key near the waterfall, and I've been stuck since then. How do I get to the northern end of Floor 2?

#12 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 11 November 2007 - 05:42 AM

Somewhere in the middle section of floor 2 there is a room with some dark tiles on the northeastern corner. Blow that corner up with bombs to make a hole into the floor and jump down. Then proceed north and you should reach the northern end of the level and floor 2 eventually.

#13 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:32 AM

EDIT: Sorry guys, brother got hold of the computer when I wasn't looking. I didn't notice..

Edited by Taco Chopper, 13 November 2007 - 04:23 AM.

#14 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:35 AM

QUOTE(Taco Chopper @ Nov 12 2007, 09:32 AM) View Post

I like cheese

T...there's no cheese in Zelda: Ages. icon_blink.gif

#15 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:24 AM

icon_eek.gif nvm, it's been resolved. My brother did it. His bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users