Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:23 AM

First Trailer=
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=7FO83eZdWks
Second Trailer=
http://www.youtube.c...c...ted&search=
Official Super Smash Bros. site=
http://www.smashbros.com/

Coolest Parts-
1. Link PWNING Mario. You'll know it when you see it.
2. Newcomer- Pit. I have dibs on him. You cannot have Pit. Just me.

So, what do you expect out of Nintendo's latest money grubbing title?

ALSO: LOL GAIS THE GAME IS ALREADY OUT

#2 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:49 AM

Link didn't have very many highlights in that video. Jerks. icon_sweat.gif I wonder whether they'll use OoT or TP Link voice for him... icon_unsettled.gif

Sweet. What appears to be a Mario Kart level. icon_cool.gif

Fox isn't that special. They save an after-it's-over scene for him. Piss off. icon_razz.gif

Now, I'm really hooked. Infinitely more hooked than I was before. I can't wait for dis'n. icon_w00t.gif

#3 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:07 PM

I just noticed something. They use the TP Link, but the Master Sword is the same length that it was in OoT. icon_frown.gif I loved the longer Master Sword... but they probably did it so that Link didn't go through any fundamental strategy changes from one Super Smash Bros. to the next. Yeah, and I don't know why Fox got a scene after the second trailer... he was good, but not THAT good. Now Marth... he was of another league entirely. If Nintendo doesn't keep him, I'll throttle somebody.

What do you think of the first crossover character, Solid Snake? Good idea, or ill-advised misadventure?

#4 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Jun 6 2007, 03:07 PM) View Post

What do you think of the first crossover character, Solid Snake? Good idea, or ill-advised misadventure?

It opens the door for other third party character, IMO. Like Sonic, or other characters. I wanted to say Master Chief, but he's only on Xbox... icon_sweat.gif

In other words, I think it's a good idea. Just somebody better than Solid Snake would've worked out better. icon_razz.gif Like Tony Hawk. icon_xd.gif
QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Jun 6 2007, 03:07 PM) View Post

I just noticed something. They use the TP Link, but the Master Sword is the same length that it was in OoT. icon_frown.gif I loved the longer Master Sword... but they probably did it so that Link didn't go through any fundamental strategy changes from one Super Smash Bros. to the next.

I didn't notice it until after you said that, and now it looks kinda weird. icon_unsettled.gif A little added length couldn't hurt, could it? icon_shrug.gif

Also, I listened closely, and I didn't even hear any voice for Link! That's probably because they're undecided.

#5 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:34 PM

Yeah... I thought that the OoT voice was just a little obnoxious, and the TP voice was blatantly Japanese... still, I think I'd have to go with TP. It suits his look, I guess.

#6 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:36 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing this game when it comes out.

#7 XMSB

XMSB

Furry Friends Furever

• Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE(Bowser Blanchette @ Jun 6 2007, 02:36 PM) View Post

I'm looking forward to seeing this game when it comes out.

Yeah, I can't wait for this game to come out. I'm sure it's gonna be more exciting than SSBM. icon_wink.gif
Unfortunately, the release date has not yet been confirmed. icon_frown.gif

#8 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE(Pokegamer1989 @ Jun 6 2007, 03:39 PM) View Post

Yeah, I can't wait for this game to come out. I'm sure it's gonna be more exciting than SSBM. icon_wink.gif
Unfortunately, the release date has not yet been confirmed. icon_frown.gif

My guess its going to be in the Fall of 2007.

#9 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:44 PM

I don't have a Wii, but either this or MP3 will be my first game for it when I get one.

I hope Brawl has the abilities to go online so you can fight other people! icon_razz.gif

Here's an idea: a Smash Bros. game for DS! Now THAT would be sweet. icon_biggrin.gif

#10 jimbob

jimbob

Accepting that no-one will get my avatar.

• Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:28 PM

I can't wait. Not only is this a great multiplayer game (even if Spantac pwns me all the time as bloody bleedin' Pikachu) but half the fun is unlocking things, finding out new characters (wow it's that guy!) or, in the case of Marth and Roy, "......who? Quick, get on Google." (When SSBM came out, no Fire Emblem game had made it to the UK.)

According to NGamer magazine, and Ubisoft character is all but confirmed as a special guest star.

Please say it's not Rayman. Let's go for Princey. (of Persia). (from Sands of Time, where he was cool.)

#11 Deepfreeze

Deepfreeze

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:55 PM

I really really hope they keep Sheik. Cos Sheik was da bomb. Assuming I ever get the money, this'll be the first game I buy for the Wii (probably Twilight Princess will be second, this all assuming I ever even get a Wii). And Pit will probably be one of the first players I'll try, too. Considering how awesome Melee was/is, this one ought to be great.

#12 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:18 PM

What do I think? I think I want to see them announce more new characters, dangit. icon_confused.gif There's no real surprise in seeing old characters. It'll be much more of a surprise if any of them are cut. They've already opened the door for more 3rd party characters, so I'm hoping they'll hurry up and announce Sonic (I'm still betting that he's going to be in the game).

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Jun 6 2007, 12:34 PM) View Post
Yeah... I thought that the OoT voice was just a little obnoxious, and the TP voice was blatantly Japanese... still, I think I'd have to go with TP. It suits his look, I guess.

And the OoT voice WASN'T blatantly Japanese? You need to hear more Japanese fight scenes.

QUOTE(jimbob @ Jun 6 2007, 01:28 PM) View Post
Please say it's not Rayman. Let's go for Princey. (of Persia). (from Sands of Time, where he was cool.)

That certainly would be cool.

Have you played The Two Thrones? It's actually really good. Almost as good as the first one, and the Prince looks a lot better than Warrior Within (though still overly scruffy).

Incidentally, what's the music in that second trailer Ebola posted? It really, REALLY sounds familiar... like it's from an old NES game.

#13 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Jun 6 2007, 05:18 PM) View Post

What do I think? I think I want to see them announce more new characters, dangit. icon_confused.gif There's no real surprise in seeing old characters. It'll be much more of a surprise if any of them are cut. They've already opened the door for more 3rd party characters, so I'm hoping they'll hurry up and announce Sonic (I'm still betting that he's going to be in the game).

I'd love to see Shadow as well, if Sonic's in it. icon_cool.gif

I can't think of anybody I'd like to see gone, but I can think of a couple that should be in there.

jimbob, truth be told, I'll bet it will end up being Rayman in the game. icon_eek.gif
QUOTE(Radien @ Jun 6 2007, 05:18 PM) View Post

Incidentally, what's the music in that second trailer Ebola posted? It really, REALLY sounds familiar... like it's from an old NES game.

I kinda thought it was another version of a remixed Smash Bros. theme. icon_shrug.gif

#14 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 06:18 PM

I don't know why Fox got a scene after the second trailer... he was good, but not THAT good. Now Marth... he was of another league entirely.
You should see the amount of people who swear by Fox who play pro. Look up Zelgadis Evolution on YouTube. You'll pretty much see why. And then of course, there's Ken with Marth. Pretty tough to top.

They've already opened the door for more 3rd party characters, so I'm hoping they'll hurry up and announce Sonic
Why, what attacks do you think he'd have as his B moves? It'd be interesting to get your opinions on those.

SSBB -is- the reason I want a Wii. The passion I have for Twilight Princess pales in comparison to the sheer joyousness that I have even now for Brawl. Twilight Princess is the jelly bean to my sushi platter that is Brawl.

Anyway, I highly doubt that this is real, but if it was, I wouldn't be too unhappy. icon_smile.gif

#15 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 06:21 PM

Nintendo is keeping the 3rd party characters extremely limited. They've confirmed that the third party characters will be Snake and possibly 1 more, although it's not looking good. I have heard from sources (not sure of the reliability) that Nintendo contacted Sega about Sonic... but nothing has come out of it yet.

The number one Nintendo character that I'm hoping for is Isaac from Golden Sun. That game roxorzed, and Super Smash Bros. needs other swordsman besides the wannabe Link (Young Link) and the wannabe Marth (Roy). My bet is that Nintendo will cut down on the clones. I'm also hoping that Ganondorf will become more Twilight Princess, instead of a C. Falcon clone.

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Jun 6 2007, 06:18 PM) View Post

Anyway, I highly doubt that this is real, but if it was, I wouldn't be too unhappy. icon_smile.gif

Oh, it's definitely fake. But imagine the possibilities... icon_drool.gif

Edited by Ebola Zaire, 06 June 2007 - 06:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users